• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I miss the old days when it was only first come first serve. Who makes reservations for ice cream.
It does take the spontaneity out of going for some ice cream doesn't it! I must have been pretty lucky, I have just walked in twice and they accommodated us at the counter!

Not BC related, but hopefully that's okay. Has anyone ever done the Illuminations Cruise? Looking for opinions, both good and bad.

Not BC related, but hopefully that's okay. Has anyone ever done the Illuminations Cruise? Looking for opinions, both good and bad.

We have done it quite a few times, some with all four of us plus my in laws, some just the four of us and three with just two of us (me and DD or DS). It is a great way to see the fireworks in comfort. Much of the experience depends on your captain. We have had really great ones that provide new insights, information and commentary at appropriate times and some that, to be frank, talked a bit too much and were intrusive. The snacks provided are adequate and the boats are nice. Of course, the more people you have the more value you get out if it. I admit it is a bit crazy to do it with just two people but my DD and I have done a few mother/daughter trips and we like the cruise enough to book it for just us.

Well, we made it and our room is beautiful. We have a view of the pool and the Boardwalk. A little disappointed in the checkin process. No greeters outside told to go to front desk and check in then someone will take us upstairs.

The cast member who took us upstairs said things are changing and some guests are not happy. Really didn't bother me, but it does make you feel kind of special when they greet you!

Please add us to the BOG list :teeth:

3 - 10 December 2016 for our first stay at the Beach Club to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary

Now I need a countdown ticker!

Well, we made it and our room is beautiful. We have a view of the pool and the Boardwalk. A little disappointed in the checkin process. No greeters outside told to go to front desk and check in then someone will take us upstairs.

The cast member who took us upstairs said things are changing and some guests are not happy. Really didn't bother me, but it does make you feel kind of special when they greet you!

There is a thread on Strategy* called "FYI- more cuts coming" or something like that. It has several posts on cast member hour cuts including the iPad greeters in the front. More changes supposedly coming all around WDW. Sorry I don't know how to link it -it's all I can do to sometimes get a picture to post.

ETA: * Theme Park Attractions and Strategy

There is a thread on Strategy* called "FYI- more cuts coming" or something like that. It has several posts on cast member hour cuts including the iPad greeters in the front. More changes supposedly coming all around WDW. Sorry I don't know how to link it -it's all I can do to sometimes get a picture to post.

ETA: * Theme Park Attractions and Strategy
Hiya @AGoofykindagirl :goodvibes
I'll add the thread link
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fyi-more-cuts-coming.3484327/

We have done it quite a few times, some with all four of us plus my in laws, some just the four of us and three with just two of us (me and DD or DS). It is a great way to see the fireworks in comfort. Much of the experience depends on your captain. We have had really great ones that provide new insights, information and commentary at appropriate times and some that, to be frank, talked a bit too much and were intrusive. The snacks provided are adequate and the boats are nice. Of course, the more people you have the more value you get out if it. I admit it is a bit crazy to do it with just two people but my DD and I have done a few mother/daughter trips and we like the cruise enough to book it for just us.

@eastendlights - Thanks for the quick response!

There are a couple of links on the Amenities Post (Post 5, I think) with descriptions of the Illumination cruise from trip reports.

:goodvibes:

They recently changed the menu at Trattoria. They took my favorite shrimp dish off the menu. :(
I decided to make an ADR and think about it. Not hearing much good about it, earlier I was hearing Raves. I can always cancel, so will wait to see how it's going. The first year a restaurant is opens, they have to work out the kinks. Maybe by August it will be better!

I decided to make an ADR and think about it. Not hearing much good about it, earlier I was hearing Raves. I can always cancel, so will wait to see how it's going. The first year a restaurant is opens, they have to work out the kinks. Maybe by August it will be better!
Ive heard bad reports recently too, so we have decided to go next door to Via Napoli

Epcot Food & Wine dates just released! I found this on the DIS email:

The 21st Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
September 14-November 14, 2016 - a record 62 days long!

We thought our vacation week would coincide with opening weekend and now we get to go during the first full week!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter