• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I put what DDP costs on a Disney gift card and used that for all our dining, incl tips. We always had quite a bit of $ left over....

We are in BC, smells like campfire here too, it's awful :sad2: last count was over 200 fires here.

I agree with cost of DDP being more expensive than what we pay out of pocket. And we like special drinks, appetizers, and the tip is also extraneous. However when it is free, it is worth more than Disney's discount on room (maybe not magicals) for four people. We typically have extra quick services left over because we would rather have a snack than a meal with the large table service portion every day.

Does BC=British Columbia?

I agree with cost of DDP being more expensive than what we pay out of pocket. And we like special drinks, appetizers, and the tip is also extraneous. However when it is free, it is worth more than Disney's discount on room (maybe not magicals) for four people. We typically have extra quick services left over because we would rather have a snack than a meal with the large table service portion every day.

Yes it does! We are just outside Vancouver.

I can see with 4 it would be a better deal. But not so much with 2. Not Deluxe. I think with Moderate it's a break even. But it is so much food. And price keeps going up. It's not the value it once was. Used to include appies and tip!

Re dining plan, we leave tomorrow and have converted 9 quick service to snacks and added this to 13 remaining snack credits (so about 40 snacks ) and we still have 3 counters for breakfast in the morning. Dining plan works out well for us but in the summer we struggle go eat as Minch food. Next time we'll hope for a room discount and eat more CS.

So 40 bags of Disney sweets in our luggage tomorrow

We are in BC, smells like campfire here too, it's awful Last count was over 200 fires here. Haze is thick. For 2 days we had to keep doors & windows closed and it is so hot. All fans going. Still smoke haze. Leaving for the Island tomorrow in hopes of getting out of this for a couple of days!
There is no escape. The smoke, haze and smell has made it south. We are seeing and smelling it here in the Ohio valley. Just watch the All Star game next week and i'll bet it gets mentioned.
Katesdad

Congrats to all who are at WDW right NOW, or are getting really close!! Hope you are having (or will be having) an absolutely wonderful vacation, making so many memories that it will sustain you until you start planning your NEXT trip! LOL

Today is our DOUBLE DIGIT day!!! 99 more days to pour over my spreadsheets, play "what if", consider other dining options than what I already have reserved... Loving every second of this!

Because our dates are for the middle of October, we couldn't take advantage of the free dining offer, so I'm really hoping that additional Fall discounts are released very soon. We have the dining plan booked right now, but are considering going "out of pocket" instead. Because this trip is just my DH and I, and we are celebrating our 40th (really 41st now) Anniversary, we plan to do several Signature dinners, so the dining plan really might be the way to go....I've calculated, analyzed, rearranged, reserved ADRs, released ADRs, and second guessed myself so many times, I'm almost back to square one now with trying to decide which way to go... also part of the fun and keeps me busy while waiting.

And also, I'm in the process of planning a "girl's only" trip next Spring, (not at the BC, but if a REALLY REALLY good deal comes along, maybe we'll consider it!) Since it is 4 adult women, we need two bathrooms...so two rooms. Looked at the Villas, but they are out of our range...so will probably be two moderate rooms (not really interested in the value resorts).

We'll see when Spring discounts are released in December. In the meantime, everyone who is there now or soon...keep those photos, trip reports and insider tips coming!! I'm just absorbing them as quickly as you can publish them!

:flower::flower1::flower::flower1::flower:

Last edited:

Today is my day 61. Tonight I make my fast pass reservations, but I am already hearing Anna and Elsa FP are all gone :-(

When I made my FP reservations at 60 days, the only ones that were completely booked up were for the parades & Wishes. I was surprised that for each day I checked, Anna and Elsa meet and great was available. Our trip is for mid-August, so I wouldn't worry.

We wouldn't get DDP as that is way to much food and I find one table service and one quick service and one snack is more than enough for us. We often use the snack credit to get a muffin or something on the way to the parks. There are 5 of us so feed dining would be more than even one room at a deluxe....I belive. I do think the prices at the table service is way over priced but they have captive audiances. I guess, and I may well be crazy, it's nice to have it all paid for upfront so I only have to worry about tips. DH and I aren't big drinkers so we would just pay for the odd one we have.
We've stayed at two mods, POR and CBR. POR was ok but we loved CRB it was so quiet and we got two rooms with an ok discount. But I so want to try a deluxe if we can get a good deal.

There is no escape. The smoke, haze and smell has made it south. We are seeing and smelling it here in the Ohio valley. Just watch the All Star game next week and i'll bet it gets mentioned.
Katesdad
Wow I didn't realize it was that far south. North Dakota has sent up some man power and equipment to help. We really need rain.
Sue I hope the island is better. The news last night said Vancouver has had zero rain so far in July...how crazy is that.

I wish we could send some of our rain (upstate NY) to those who need it. We've had a wet several weeks on and off. Just wish those that really needed it could have some of ours. We are getting more today, supposed to have 2 days of sun, then back to 40-60% chance of rain in the days leading up to vacation. No suntan for me! Probably will fry once we hit Florida.

Counting down the last few days :) On our agenda today...making our snack list and mousekeeping envelopes. I always make a list of our favorite snacks and put it on index cards by park. Then when we're in a park and feeling snacky, we pull out the card for that park to remind ourselves of what we wanted to try!

Quoting myself here because I just had a duh moment. I've been making these index cards for years (pre-high tech cell phones.) It's just something I always do without even thinking. After I made these yesterday I was like.....why don't I just put them in my phone, ha!

Quoting myself here because I just had a duh moment. I've been making these index cards for years (pre-high tech cell phones.) It's just something I always do without even thinking. After I made these yesterday I was like.....why don't I just put them in my phone, ha!

LOL...I'm the same way...if I've "always" done something one way, it's really hard to change...!

I have always done the same thing -- printed our day's plan on an index card, with extra ones showing places to go for snacks, etc. Last trip was last-minute, so between the time crunch and having it all on our phones I didn't print out the cards. It worked just fine, but there were complaints from the family. :P

I make a book of everything, 5"x7". Overview, travel pages, day by day with down to the minute touring plans, all park operating hours on one page for days of holiday, and lists of other important information. I laminate it and bind it like a spiral notebook. This way I do not use my phone battery every five minutes. It takes effort, but I think it is invaluable. I just finished my book and showed the family. Two requested a copy and the third started to show interest in where will be and what we will be eating. A friend at work that just returned from Disney said she should have had something like it and suggested I do it for a living. You never know what you might need. These things I put in writing are the things we will need and might need. Like smoothies - it will be needed, just don't know where or what time, or what options are available for the picky little tikes - but I have a list now for every park. So many times we go with ideas of what to make sure we do - but without a plan we always miss it. This time - I placed all the meet and greets we picked, all the Epcot entertainment, and the pool time in an agenda. We won't be in Mexico wondering when the mariachi is expected, and then leaving without hearing it.

Today is my day 61. Tonight I make my fast pass reservations, but I am already hearing Anna and Elsa FP are all gone :-(
I was able to get a FP for Elsa and Anna for the first day of our trip and there were several times available. So don't be too discouraged yet. I made my FP for the rides I knew would be problematic to get later on and went back to sleep. The rest were easy enough to schedule.

I have written out lists of what rides I want to hit and in what order. Never occurred to me to put them in my phone, which is just silly now that I think about it. My method for tracking the monthly bills is to list them on a lined sticky note and put a check mark next to them when they're paid. I'm pretty low tech with some things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter