Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Happy Birthday NinjaMom! It sounds like you had a fabulous day at the beach today! Thanks for keeping us thoroughly entertained here on the DIS! You turned 22 today, didn't you?

Thank you and you are very welcome. 22 Maybe in dog years... perhaps more like a Chihuahua but not as unwieldy like a St Bernard. I'm thinking something Yippy, annoying and ridiculous, just like me. We may even have to go with one of those designer dogs, like a "Golden labradoodleHUAHUA". Yep, that should do it!

~NM

hi all, pretty new to the board, we are staying YC garden view dec 15-23. we are hoping for ground floor and quiet... don't care how far we have to walk but when we stayed at contempo, we were at the very far end, as far away from lobby and tower as possible. we loved green space and the water right outside our sliding doors. another bonus, kids being able to play right outside our room while park prepping in progress. cut down on the "are we going now??" every 12 seconds. any suggestions on how to request??? love the thread for all the details, you guys rock!!!
I think if you look at the map on page one of this thread you will get a rough idea of where you might want to be. I would suggest that your first request is ground floor. If you want to be really far away your second request would be "near Swan/Dolphin". However, if the idea is to let the kids out and run around, may I suggest that your second request be "gazebo view"? I think if you look at the map you will see the area I'm referring to. It is quiet and plenty of room for the kids to run around in. By the way, your room at the CR sounds exactly like the one we had back in the early '90's when we stayed in the Garden wing by the lake. One of the nicer rooms we've stayed in over the years.
Hi, all! We are staying at YC for the first time next week! So excited! We are planning to get there around 9:00 am! I read the bell services will hold luggage but won't deliver it to your room until you get back from the parks and call them. I have a one year old and think it might justbe easier if we got our own luggage instead of having to wait. Does anyone else do this? Do they let you have a luggage rack to use?
We have done this and yes they will let you use the cart.
Katesdad

page 77-80

basically the whole game plan for my Dec trip is gone due to a ransonware attack!

That stinks!!! Sorry you have to go through all the hassle, but I'm glad the situation was not worse for you.

:sad2:

Second time we stayed at AKV and BWV and since my DS is a disabled Navy vet with a bad back we decided to valet park.

We never drive while in the world, so I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say thanks to your son for serving and thank you to his family for your sacrifices.

:grouphug:

How about a split stay between either YC or BC & the Poly? We're doing that at the end of August. We have 4 nights at the Poly & then 5 nights at BC. You could do most of your MK time while at the Poly & most Epcot & HS time while at BC or YC. I don't have much insight yet but I'll let you know how it goes after September. :)

Not sure if I have said :welcome: to you yet. I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you for the end of summer.

:woohoo:

I returned from a girls' trip to Disney World almost a week ago. I stayed at Cornado which is a lovely resort. I must be spoiled, because I missed the YC so much! My friend and I spent one late afternoon on the Boardwalk, and looking at YC and BC made me so sad. I think part of the sadness was because my family was not with me, and the other part was because that resort is a HUGE part of the Disney experience for us.

Cornado is beautiful, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but the Epcot resorts are special. They hold many of my favorite family memories.

Thanks for letting us know about your trip!

:thumbsup2

Dee,

I have good news and bad news...

First, the bad news. We moved from YC to POFQ for our Sept. 4th - 7th trip, so we'll need to come off the Be Our Guest list. :(

Now, the good news! We will at BC/YC for TWO new trips--Dec. 4th-6th (Allears Anniversary Party trip) and Feb. 18th-22nd (2016 Princess Half Marathon weekend, doing the GSC!). I am waiting on the AP discounts to be released and then I'll have to choose between YC or BC.

Losing one YC/BC trip and gaining two... :flower1::flower1:

Sounds like great news to me!

You are still going to Disney AND you have two more trips in the hopper.

And I have been keeping the virtual BOG eraser close at hand, so no worries there.

:goodvibes

Hi all

We have a full unopened case of water and box of Capri sun that we won't be using. If anyone wants them and can collect from us at Yacht Club before 1pm on Thursday they are free to a thirsty home :-)

Let me know

J

What a generous offer! Did you find a taker? I suppose if someone is coming a little later than Thursday, you could leave it at Bell Services with their name. That's what I did with the coffee maker I brought on the class trip to All Star Movies.

::yes::

page 81-83

:tiptoe::tiptoe:Dee...break out the eraser....my second thoughts turned into a phone call to my most amazing TA...we are back at BC for 8/13-8/20 :duck::duck:

Darn me and my efficiency! If I had just waited a day or two...

:goodvibes:

Hi everyone I'm new here but have been reading everyones posts. We are talking about taking our 3rd Orlando trip mid August 2017. Last trip we stayed the first part of our trip at the Hard Rock delux queen room and than had two rooms at CBR. We are a family of 5 and for our next trip DD will be 20, 16 and 13. I so want to try a deluxe resort at Disney and I think with a good deal one room for 5 would be less than 2 rooms at a mod resort. I've been looking around to see what might be a good deluxe for us and I think YC would be great. DH is more a Universal fan and finds Disney to be more stressful so a nice resort that would be relatively quiet at the end of August is imporant to him. Having said that the rest of us have some say in it. I like the fact tha YC is within walking distance of Epcot and HS and that we can pop over to Boardwalk and have a look around. AK is pur favorite park but we've never minded taking the buses and have never really had any bad experiences with them. Last trip we only eat a couple of qs at the resort and eat mostly at the parks or DTD and once at Ohanas. But I would mind eating on resort if any of the restaurants are good. We don't usually do the casual places since they only take 1 credit. So what can you tell me about eating in the area? I also usually get a standard view, though on both our privious trips we've been up graded, but is there a better floor to requst that you are less likely to get a roof view? I suppose 1st floor would do that but are they usually parking lot? I think I would rather not be ground floor but honestly I'm always happy with what I get. Finally I've been reading about a magical ta that has good deals for the end od August and I'm wondering if it matters if I'm Canadian or not. I know for other TA that are online and in the US it doesn't. The best deal I can get the better especially with the dollar being down right now. My fingers are crossed it goes up some before our trip. Any how any information you can give me anout the YC would be great.

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I think the Yacht Club is a great choice for your family!

Standard View at the YC are either roof or parking lot, so I'm not sure what to request to avoid this if you book that category. If you are able to, you may want to consider pricing a Garden View room- they are limited in availability but usually not that much more money than a standard view.

That being said, I think oftentimes magical deals only have the standard room option. I think we have had some of our Canadian friends book with this agency. Can someone confirm, eh?

Lots and lots of dining options, both CS and sitdown in the area- The resort has Cape May seafood (and more) buffet and Captain's Grille as well as the signature steakhouse Yachtsman. For quick serve, you can get items from the Beach Club Marketplace or Hurricane Hanna's by the pool. The bars in the resort (Ale & Compass and Crew's Cup) both have excellent food. Plus there are lots of choices nearby in EPCOT or at the Boardwalk.

I have menus and info about the dining options at the resort on Page 1. Post 7, I think.

hi all, pretty new to the board, we are staying YC garden view dec 15-23. we are hoping for ground floor and quiet... don't care how far we have to walk but when we stayed at contempo, we were at the very far end, as far away from lobby and tower as possible. we loved green space and the water right outside our sliding doors. another bonus, kids being able to play right outside our room while park prepping in progress. cut down on the "are we going now??" every 12 seconds. any suggestions on how to request???

love the thread for all the details, you guys rock!!! perhaps too much info, splitting resorts never even OCCURRED to me...... lol!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Others have given some excellent suggestions for room requests.

Decorated my Magic Band tonight! I love Lacoste, so this reminded me of that, and then I love monograms, so done deal! It's slightly crooked (which is bothering me,) but once it's on and I'm in the park I won't care :)

AWESOME!

Hi, all! We are staying at YC for the first time next week! So excited! We are planning to get there around 9:00 am! I read the bell services will hold luggage but won't deliver it to your room until you get back from the parks and call them. I have a one year old and think it might just be easier if we got our own luggage instead of having to wait. Does anyone else do this? Do they let you have a luggage rack to use?

I was under the impression that guests couldn't use the luggage carts from Bell Services or the Valets at the Yacht & Beach Club. During my 2013 trip, I overheard a family ask if they could use one and they were told no. But with just about everything at Disney, I'm sure there have been exceptions. I just wouldn't count on being able to use them without the assistance of bell services.

:)

Happy Birthday NinjaMom! It sounds like you had a fabulous day at the beach today! Thanks for keeping us thoroughly entertained here on the DIS! You turned 22 today, didn't you?

Thank you and you are very welcome. 22 Maybe in dog years... perhaps more like a Chihuahua but not as unwieldy like a St Bernard. I'm thinking something Yippy, annoying and ridiculous, just like me. We may even have to go with one of those designer dogs, like a "Golden labradoodleHUAHUA". Yep, that should do it!

~NM

Minions Birthday.jpg

Happy Birthday, Ninja Mom! :bday: :cake:

I have 2 goals for today:

1- Work on getting the price down on our car rental. We drive to Disney and my DH prefers to rent a car instead of use our own. Right now, it's at about $570 for 15 days. Hoping to get it much lower than that.

2- Talk to kids about Fastpass selections. Then, go over everything with DH and see if he agrees with our choices.

Have a great day everyone! :dogdance:

I was showing DH pictures of the YC and saying if we get a good deal I want to stay here. Only thing he said was "Will it be as quiet as CBR was?" I have to say our last trip we went at the end of August and it was amazingly quiet at CBR! So basically I have to convince him it will be quiet. I also pointed out that we can walk to Epcot and HS or take a boat. Also there are all those other resorts close by that we can walk to and try out different places to eat. It may come down to me saying this is where I booked and since I do all the planning I get to pick where we stay. Of course if they don't like it I'll hear it evert day. On the up side 11year old DD liked the look of the pool. Oh well I have some time to plan and also we won't be going if the Canadian dollar goes to low.

Counting down the last few days :) On our agenda today...making our snack list and mousekeeping envelopes. I always make a list of our favorite snacks and put it on index cards by park. Then when we're in a park and feeling snacky, we pull out the card for that park to remind ourselves of what we wanted to try!

Not sure if I have said :welcome: to you yet. I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you for the end of summer.

:woohoo:

Thank you!! I'm very excited as it's my first time staying at the Beach Club. We'll be there September 4-9th. The first half of our stay will be at the Poly from August 31-Sept 4th. I couldn't make up my mind so we're trying them both! :)

page 81-83

Darn me and my efficiency! If I had just waited a day or two...

:goodvibes:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I think the Yacht Club is a great choice for your family!

Standard View at the YC are either roof or parking lot, so I'm not sure what to request to avoid this if you book that category. If you are able to, you may want to consider pricing a Garden View room- they are limited in availability but usually not that much more money than a standard view.

That being said, I think oftentimes magical deals only have the standard room option. I think we have had some of our Canadian friends book with this agency. Can someone confirm, eh?

Lots and lots of dining options, both CS and sitdown in the area- The resort has Cape May seafood (and more) buffet and Captain's Grille as well as the signature steakhouse Yachtsman. For quick serve, you can get items from the Beach Club Marketplace or Hurricane Hanna's by the pool. The bars in the resort (Ale & Compass and Crew's Cup) both have excellent food. Plus there are lots of choices nearby in EPCOT or at the Boardwalk.

I have menus and info about the dining options at the resort on Page 1. Post 7, I think.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Others have given some excellent suggestions for room requests.

AWESOME!

I was under the impression that guests couldn't use the luggage carts from Bell Services or the Valets at the Yacht & Beach Club. During my 2013 trip, I overheard a family ask if they could use one and they were told no. But with just about everything at Disney, I'm sure there have been exceptions. I just wouldn't count on being able to use them without the assistance of bell services.

:)

View attachment 108385
This Canadian friend can confirm we get magical deal at YC ::yes::

I was showing DH pictures of the YC and saying if we get a good deal I want to stay here. Only thing he said was "Will it be as quiet as CBR was?" I have to say our last trip we went at the end of August and it was amazingly quiet at CBR! So basically I have to convince him it will be quiet. I also pointed out that we can walk to Epcot and HS or take a boat. Also there are all those other resorts close by that we can walk to and try out different places to eat. It may come down to me saying this is where I booked and since I do all the planning I get to pick where we stay. Of course if they don't like it I'll hear it evert day. On the up side 11year old DD liked the look of the pool. Oh well I have some time to plan and also we won't be going if the Canadian dollar goes to low.
Yes, our dollar sucks now :sad: ugh. I feel YC is quiet too. And the benefits of the location can't be beat. Also best pool on property.
I have a USD acct & credit card with Cibc. Every pay day I buy USD, so I have it from different rates rather then just buying all the USD just before trip. Thankfully I bought my air when it was still par. And Mostof our resort paid off at higher rates. My suvie budget will suffer though. Won't be buying much.

This Canadian friend can confirm we get magical deal at YC ::yes::
Glad to hear Canadians can get magical deals at YC. Which do you find saves you more the room rate deals or free dinning? I yet to luck into free dinning as they always seem to offer it mid august for Canadians on a year we aren't going.
By the way what part of Canada are you in? We are in southern Saskatchewan.....which smells like a giant campfire at presnt.

Yes, our dollar sucks now :sad: ugh. I feel YC is quiet too. And the benefits of the location can't be beat. Also best pool on property.
I have a USD acct & credit card with Cibc. Every pay day I buy USD, so I have it from different rates rather then just buying all the USD just before trip. Thankfully I bought my air when it was still par. And Mostof our resort paid off at higher rates. My suvie budget will suffer though. Won't be buying much.
My sister-in-sister-in-law was just telling me she did that at BMO so I expect they all do it. I bank RBC so I might have to do that so I have some US dollars. I usually have my holiday savings in a money market account so I make some intrest but the dollare was almost at par the last two times we went so that was ok....might have to adjust my saving plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter