• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My wife was so impressed with YC this past weekend, that we switched our F&W trip from BWI to YC. Dates are the same, September 21 to 25.

Sooo lucky. We've been trying to get back to the YC and I've been checking to see if I could make the switch for our upcoming F&W stay and there's still no availability for our dates in October.

FYI, in case it wasn't reported yet, Flying Fish ADRs open tomorrow (7/29/16), if WDW Magic and others are to be believed. WDW Magic has the new menu up as well. I believe @Scott MC has been extremely interested. Sadly, Potato Crusted Red Snapper is off the menu. :sad1:

Do you know if there are height limits for the little kiddie pool? I didn't see a rules sign posted. We ran into the issue last year. Our youngest was fine last year at CBR but my timid 5 year old was WAY too tall (darn tall genes). He is 52" at 5 and continually growing.
There aren't any height limits for the kiddie pool that is located behind the pirate slide. It is just a small pool with a small water slide. There isn't any of that fun water equipment that they have been installing at so many of the other resorts. :)

I'm sure many of you have loves for other (less expensive) resorts and I would love to hear from anyone. To help out with your suggestions, here is what my wife and I care about the most. The biggest thing we liked about the yacht club was it's location as I said before. We enjoyed the quick trips over to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. More so Epcot since waiting and riding the boat to HS still took a good amount of time. We don't want to rent a car so we will be using Disney's transportation to the park. When we pick a new resort we will be relying on bus service for all parks this time so it would be nice to pick a resort that has a good reputation with it's bus service. We also don't care much about Disney Springs so being close to that doesn't really matter. Same thing goes for Animal Kingdom. AK was fun but our loves for MK/Epcot/HS is what really matters!
You have set an impossible task. ;) Nothing compares to the location of Epcot resorts. Moderate resorts, except for POFQ, have multiple bus stops and multiple buildings. Value resorts have one bus stop but the lines can get very long. Port Orleans French Quarter has one bus stop but sometimes share with Riverside. The large resorts can get huge lines at night. What you might want to consider is finding a cheaper way to stay at an Epcot or MK area resort. Some travel agents offer exclusive deals. Another option is to rent points for a DVC studio.

I too start feeling ill when the sun is really beating down and I think I find that most in the World Showcase, as we're most likely to be there mid-afternoon. Even with tons of sunscreen and a hat, I still feel a bit icky when the sun pounds down, and I'm sure a lot of it is in my head, but I feel like the umbrella might block that a bit.
In 2014, while watching FoF in the Magic Kingdom, my phone said the temp was 97, but the real feel was 112, and I was standing there, and I clearly remember watching Snow White skipping towards me, then suddenly, she seemed to turn upside down and right back upwards.....then I felt as if everything I'd eaten for the last 72 hours was about to come right back up and pouring out of me, I said to DP, "I need to get out of here," and ducked into a store where I guzzled a bottle of water (I was already pretty well hydrated though), and felt a *bit* better. Afterwards, we worked our way over to Small World, where that 16 minute AC-ed boat ride got me about 95% back to normal, but yeah, the sun can do a number on me.....
I sometimes get sick from the sun, too, and a hat doesn't always help, either. But the few times I have used an umbrella have saved my life, so to speak. I think you should just use one if you want to and not worry about what all those strangers think. After all, you will never see them again. :)

Hello Yacht/Beach Club lovers! So it's only been a few months since my honeymoon and first ever trip to Disney World. I'm already getting the itch to go back! Not sure how soon we will be going back but the fun process of planning is a way to keep me satisfied! My wife and I stayed for 10 days at the Yacht Club and we had a blast. The hotel was so nice but what we really loved was the convenient location with how easy it was to get to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Besides Magic Kingdom, walking around World Showcase was one of our favorite things to do! One thing that we realized though was that we barely spent any time at the hotel itself. We really only used the hotel for sleep since we were out at the parks each entire day. While we didn't mind splurging for a beautiful deluxe resort for our honeymoon, it was in the back of our minds how much money we paid just to sleep at night! Unless we want to go broke from continuing to visit Disney we may need a new resort plan. This is where you all come in!

I'm sure many of you have loves for other (less expensive) resorts and I would love to hear from anyone. To help out with your suggestions, here is what my wife and I care about the most. The biggest thing we liked about the yacht club was it's location as I said before. We enjoyed the quick trips over to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. More so Epcot since waiting and riding the boat to HS still took a good amount of time. We don't want to rent a car so we will be using Disney's transportation to the park. When we pick a new resort we will be relying on bus service for all parks this time so it would be nice to pick a resort that has a good reputation with it's bus service. We also don't care much about Disney Springs so being close to that doesn't really matter. Same thing goes for Animal Kingdom. AK was fun but our loves for MK/Epcot/HS is what really matters!

I think we are just worried, after being spoiled our first time in Disney, that we will have a bit of disappointment if we choose a value or moderate resort. We can't justify though spending $400+ a night just to sleep. I'm sure you Disney pros will have some great suggestions. Thank you!

As others have said - it's tough to compare anything to the amazing location at Epcot's back door, and being able to walk to two parks (where we spend most of our time) make it hard to consider any other location.

Renting DVC points can be a less expensive way to enjoy the area - both Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas are lovely. We have also stayed at Swan and Dolphin - and love both of those resorts as well.

With careful planning we've been able to either rent points or book Swan/Dolphin for prices comparable to the moderates. In fact - one trip - we had annual passes and didn't need park admission and were able to book an amazing deal (less than All Star!!) for the Dolphin. On packages, when booking Disney resorts, we learned that admission was required. Not so with Swan and Dolphin, and those are both beautiful hotels with just enough Disney, great food options and walking distance to our favorite places.

It can make it very reasonable to do "annual" trips - one starts the annual pass, the other just before it expires, and we can enjoy our favorite place and keep it in the budget.

Having a super time at Anna Maria Island. Weather has been perfect. Unfortunately on Saturday morning on the way to Port Canaveral, we will pass WDW and I think I will get very emotional ....driving on the same road I took to get to work. I think I will be fine when I come in September with Lily...my first experience on Magical Express since it will be a new experience. I miss you all!!!!!

Having a super time at Anna Maria Island. Weather has been perfect. Unfortunately on Saturday morning on the way to Port Canaveral, we will pass WDW and I think I will get very emotional ....driving on the same road I took to get to work. I think I will be fine when I come in September with Lily...my first experience on Magical Express since it will be a new experience. I miss you all!!!!!
I bet Lily is looking forward to the Magical Express. :) Do you plan to stop by the Beach club in September?

:welcome: back!

Disney has not announced when the YC room renovations will start.

The Beach Club room renovation took about 10 months. So depending on when they start, there may be some work being done next July.

The past renovations of the BC and YC have all been done from the 5th (CL) floor first, then the work proceeded floor by floor ending on the ground floor. But the recent renovations at the BCV were done wing by wing. I'm not sure if that was something specific to the villas or if that is the new construction procedure.

As soon as we have reportable news, we will announce it here and post on Page 1.

:thumbsup2
Thank you, YC/CL is our second home but I can't see paying that price for the condition of those rooms. We were there last year and they really needed renovated. Really hoping they do those first. We skipped Florida this year and went to NYC for a change of pace. Boy does everyone miss YC! Won't make that mistake again. Can't break from our norm!!

Ach Teena- I have no words :hug:
Glad you are having a lovely time at Anna Maria Island and I shall be thinking of you on Saturday morning x

For anyone who has gone to the BC in Aug/Sept with the magical deal. The rooms are standard. Do you think they give you the worst views/locations because of the great deal the rooms are? Wonder if you get a better location when you book with Disney directly?
We booked standard last summer on this deal and got a room on the 3rd floor right above th main entrance. I thought the view was nice looking down at the entrance/ walkway and water. I really don't care at all about view that's why I book standard. I don't care about balcony either as we rarely use it, my request is always as close as possible to the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter