Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yep... Just checked MDE and my tickets are "Convention 8 Day w/PH, FUN +1 FUN pre arrival"
Some convention tickets are only valid after 2pm or 4pm (I've purchased convention tickets while actually attending conventions at WDW and the only option I was given was the 4pm) Are your tickets full day tickets?

Just completed my online check in. VERY excited to be returning to the BC in 18 days!!!

Is this where you put in your preference that can't be changed (as mentioned in the quote below?) Or does this happen earlier in the reservation process? I rented through a DVC member so not exactly sure when this occurs. I just want to be sure to request the large balcony and if this is something I can do with online check-in before arrival then I don't have to bug the DVC member to take care of this for me.

One word of caution - once you make and save your original selections, you will not be able to change them. So only choose the options you REALLY REALLY know you want, cause you can't change your mind later.

Some convention tickets are only valid after 2pm or 4pm (I've purchased convention tickets while actually attending conventions at WDW and the only option I was given was the 4pm) Are your tickets full day tickets?
They are all day convention tickets.
Your tickets were limited because your group booker requested that. Many groups find folks skip meetings with more generous tickets. :) (And the limited hours tickets are cheaper for the group, too.)

Is this where you put in your preference that can't be changed (as mentioned in the quote below?) Or does this happen earlier in the reservation process? I rented through a DVC member so not exactly sure when this occurs. I just want to be sure to request the large balcony and if this is something I can do with online check-in before arrival then I don't have to bug the DVC member to take care of this for me.
Yes, they are referring to the online check in options. Once you click the radio buttons you can't change them. But if you are staying in the villas building you don't have to request a full balcony. All of the studios and the villas have a full balcony. It is only at the Beach Club resort that has the smaller standing balconies. :)

Yes, they are referring to the online check in options. Once you click the radio buttons you can't change them. But if you are staying in the villas building you don't have to request a full balcony. All of the studios and the villas have a full balcony. It is only at the Beach Club resort that has the smaller standing balconies. :)

Thank you so much! I'm going to be so on top of it from the fabulous advice from all you Disney friends!
:thanks: :jumping1: :disrocks:

Yes, they are referring to the online check in options. Once you click the radio buttons you can't change them. But if you are staying in the villas building you don't have to request a full balcony. All of the studios and the villas have a full balcony.
I'm not sure if the online check-in process for BCV is different than for the BC or YC, but even after you do online-check-in for rooms, you can go back in and click on "Modify Check-in" to change your preferences. It's probably a good idea, however, to do so at least five days, prior to arrival, as the room assigners will be working on the reservation at about that time.

Later this morning we are headed about 3 hours north, on the coldest day of the year, to check out the University of Maine campus in Orono.

:cold::cold::cold::cold:

Hope you stayed warm up in Maine. My daughter headed up the Methuen today. She brought all her cold weather gear.

They are all day convention tickets.
Your tickets were limited because your group booker requested that. Many groups find folks skip meetings with more generous tickets. :) (And the limited hours tickets are cheaper for the group, too.)

I didn't have a group booker. I bought the ticket myself from the hotel concierge and skipped an evening event :). No free time at my conventions.

Glad to hear they are all day tickets - certainly makes sense given so many of us bring partners and kids when the meetings are at Disney. Too bad my firm doesn't do this.

I'm not sure if the online check-in process for BCV is different than for the BC or YC, but even after you do online-check-in for rooms, you can go back in and click on "Modify Check-in" to change your preferences. It's probably a good idea, however, to do so at least five days, prior to arrival, as the room assigners will be working on the reservation at about that time.

Actually, unless there has been a "fix" lately, modifying the online check-in doesn't work. At least it didn't for my two trips in Oct and Dec of 2015. At that time it was a known bug, and even the IT folks couldn't reset the selections (I called several times). It would be nice if they fixed it,

And even when I called in and my TA called in (and I also faxed using the Touring Plans feature) to change my reserve requests, we still were given the selections originally requested on the on-line check in. They were able to move us once we got to the resort check in desk, but it was a hassle.

I hope they did fix the online check in so they can be modified.

Actually, unless there has been a "fix" lately, modifying the online check-in doesn't work. At least it didn't for my two trips in Oct and Dec of 2015. At that time it was a known bug, and even the IT folks couldn't reset the selections (I called several times). It would be nice if they fixed it,

And even when I called in and my TA called in (and I also faxed using the Touring Plans feature) to change my reserve requests, we still were given the selections originally requested on the on-line check in. They were able to move us once we got to the resort check in desk, but it was a hassle.

I hope they did fix the online check in so they can be modified.
I just made minor changes online, which were confirmed immediately. I can't say for sure if the changes will take priority, however, on the other end, but everything looks okay, now.

did online check in, made some Fast passes now we countdown from 60 till we are at the Beach club for the first time! last 2 Aprils we were at BWV so we are interested to see how we like the other side of the crescent lake! Tweeking our ADR's and trying to decide on keeping Trattoria, switching to Captains grill, or another resort completely for dinner.

did online check in, made some Fast passes now we countdown from 60 till we are at the Beach club for the first time! last 2 Aprils we were at BWV so we are interested to see how we like the other side of the crescent lake! Tweeking our ADR's and trying to decide on keeping Trattoria, switching to Captains grill, or another resort completely for dinner.
They recently changed the menu at Trattoria. They took my favorite shrimp dish off the menu. :(

Last edited:
Just back from lunch out with the MiL for her birthday. I was allowed a glass of wine everytime she made a rude comment about another diner hic. My apologies to the families with babies to whom she loudly commented give that child a dummy (translation - pacifier). Some people you could just never take to Disney.

Bring her to Disney and turn her over to me, curmudgeons are my specialty!

On day 1, for every rude comment or 'misbehavin', I'll make her ride It's a Small World over and over again... and that's without a fast pass so she has to wait in line with the rest of us unwashed masses. Maybe if we get lucky, a teething baby will suffer a diaper blowout while riding in our boat. It doesn't get much better than that, but if she's a good curmudgeon, she won't be tamed so easily. Good ol' Ninja Mom relishes the challenge.

On day 2, for every grumpy old lady transgression, I'll make her ride Splash Mountain repeatedly and I'll ask the CM's to turn the fire hoses that they squirt people with on high.. That should loosen her hair weave and blow off a few of her extensions. But still, if she's worth her 4 star _itch rating she'll take it and continue to whine.

Now when we get to day 3 she'll be waiting for me. But she won't see me coming at 6am to drag her off to Extra Magic Hours and Space Mountain. If she wears dentures she better load up on the Poly Grip EXTRA STRENGTH because after we ride Space Mountain over and over again as punishment she might be missing an upper AND a lower plate. She'll be three inches shorter and in desperate need of a Chiropractor.

Usually the Space Mountain punishment is enough to turn any whiner into a blubbering puddle of cooperation. However, there have been a few instances of the rare breakthrough whinge. When she starts to tremor before her next eruption I simply sidle up to her and whisper in her ear
"Rock and Roller Coaster" .

That's usually enough to get her to behave permanently. Heck! after all that you could even take her to Chef Mickey's and she would enjoy it, which is quite the accomplishment because no human over the age of 13 has ever enjoyed the enormous din and plethora of prepubescents roaming the buffet line unfettered by adult intervention.

The next time MIL wants to come to Disney and ruin everybody's trip you call Ninja Mom on the hot line and let her know. I'll be waiting in the lobby next to the cases of Boxed Wine that I brought for you and the husband. My arms and legs will be covered with every single magic band I have ever acquired, which will be pre-loaded with fast passes for every single Disney ride that can strike fear in the cold black heart of a malcontent.

~NM

Bring her to Disney and turn her over to me, curmudgeons are my specialty!

On day 1, for every rude comment or 'misbehavin', I'll make her ride It's a Small World over and over again... and that's without a fast pass so she has to wait in line with the rest of us unwashed masses. Maybe if we get lucky, a teething baby will suffer a diaper blowout while riding in our boat. It doesn't get much better than that, but if she's a good curmudgeon, she won't be tamed so easily. Good ol' Ninja Mom relishes the challenge.

On day 2, for every grumpy old lady transgression, I'll make her ride Splash Mountain repeatedly and I'll ask the CM's to turn the fire hoses that they squirt people with on high.. That should loosen her hair weave and blow off a few of her extensions. But still, if she's worth her 4 star _itch rating she'll take it and continue to whine.

Now when we get to day 3 she'll be waiting for me. But she won't see me coming at 6am to drag her off to Extra Magic Hours and Space Mountain. If she wears dentures she better load up on the Poly Grip EXTRA STRENGTH because after we ride Space Mountain over and over again as punishment she might be missing an upper AND a lower plate. She'll be three inches shorter and in desperate need of a Chiropractor.

Usually the Space Mountain punishment is enough to turn any whiner into a blubbering puddle of cooperation. However, there have been a few instances of the rare breakthrough whinge. When she starts to tremor before her next eruption I simply sidle up to her and whisper in her ear
"Rock and Roller Coaster" .

That's usually enough to get her to behave permanently. Heck! after all that you could even take her to Chef Mickey's and she would enjoy it, which is quite the accomplishment because no human over the age of 13 has ever enjoyed the enormous din and plethora of prepubescents roaming the buffet line unfettered by adult intervention.

The next time MIL wants to come to Disney and ruin everybody's trip you call Ninja Mom on the hot line and let her know. I'll be waiting in the lobby next to the cases of Boxed Wine that I brought for you and the husband. My arms and legs will be covered with every single magic band I have ever acquired, which will be pre-loaded with fast passes for every single Disney ride that can strike fear in the cold black heart of a malcontent.

~NM
Omg bwahahaha, I'm still laughing :rotfl:

Just back from lunch out with the MiL for her birthday. I was allowed a glass of wine everytime she made a rude comment about another diner hic. My apologies to the families with babies to whom she loudly commented give that child a dummy (translation - pacifier). Some people you could just never take to Disney.
:drinking1So how many glasses of wine did it take? Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter