• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can someone who is there now tell me what the Bounce Back offer is? Hoping when we get there in October there might be something for next April, but have heard that this time of year, it's only for NEXT year at this time. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

This will be our first stay at the BCV, although we have stayed at the BC twice in the past and LOVED it, SAB is AWESOME.:cheer2: It is my understanding that not all of the DVC resorts have dedicated studios.:scratchin Most of our DVC stays have been in 2 BR dedicated villas as we love the extra space when we travel with our two older sons and always book dedicated 2BR's when possible for the 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom, rather than the king and a sleeper sofa. We only stay in studios when it is DS and me, so my knowledge is limited. Post this on the DVC Resorts section of the forum and I bet you will get a very quick response from an expert on dedicated studios and what resorts they are at. ENJOY your vaca!:banana:

This will be our first stay at the BCV, although we have stayed at the BC twice in the past and LOVED it, SAB is AWESOME.:cheer2: It is my understanding that not all of the DVC resorts have dedicated studios.:scratchin Most of our DVC stays have been in 2 BR dedicated villas as we love the extra space when we travel with our two older sons and always book dedicated 2BR's when possible for the 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom, rather than the king and a sleeper sofa. We only stay in studios when it is DS and me, so my knowledge is limited. Post this on the DVC Resorts section of the forum and I bet you will get a very quick response from an expert on dedicated studios and what resorts they are at. ENJOY your vaca!:banana:

Thank you very much!

Our daughter and soon to be son-in-law will soon be honeymooning at BC CL as well. She has had the pleasure in the past but this is their first "on their own" trip without us being the primary planners and in control. They are both looking forward to their stay and I know she has been scouring the boards and trip reports for information. So if you're reading kiddo--:wave:.
:wave:

As my mom just mentioned, we will be honeymooning at BC CL in just a few short weeks. I've been trying to catch up on he thread before posting!

We leave 9/29 and will be spending some time exploring the dark side and staying at Hard Rock until 10/1. We will be checking into BC CL on 10/1-10/8 and are looking so forward to F&W! Can't wait for our magical vacation in just 24 days! :cool1:

Can someone who is there now tell me what the Bounce Back offer is? Hoping when we get there in October there might be something for next April, but have heard that this time of year, it's only for NEXT year at this time. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
We were just there on Monday and Tuesday. Both the free dining bounceback for select dates in 2016 and the room only discount for 2015 were available. The room only discount for 2016 should be available sometime in October along with the free dining for 2016. My sister and I both booked the free dining BB for June 2016, the first time I've seen them include FD for June in the last few years.

image-jpg.112800

We were just there on Monday and Tuesday. Both the free dining bounceback for select dates in 2016 and the room only discount for 2015 were available. The room only discount for 2016 should be available sometime in October along with the free dining for 2016. My sister and I both booked the free dining BB for June 2016, the first time I've seen them include FD for June in the last few years.

image-jpg.112800

Thanks, Sue! Looks like April is still a no-go for BB! Drat!

Come on White Rose best Elsa voice, LET IT GOOOOOOO! Just make sure Dad is having a good time and keep the kids (yours and hers) at arms length from her and all will be well. SAB and a Sunken Treasure or two would also help here.
Katesdad

I took my ride hungry nephews on dinosaur today and we had a blast...dad and SIL brother and nieces went to lion king, loved it...watched flights of wonder with SIL and dad...loved it, even SIL smiled and laughed! My hubby and oldest nephews trekked the trails...Also did Kali, Everest, and Safari...at BC now, heading to SAB....sunken treasure...is it sweet? I am not an alcohol drinker typically....but I need one. Today...I usually get fruity froofroo drinks if anything at all...

Dad is having a great great time...kids are having an awesome time...trip is a success overall, and SIL behaved today...! She road Kilimanjaro safari...no complaints! Had lunch at yak and yeti...she joked she would never call a restaurant...yak...ok..well, she liked it. Lol.

Waiting for hubby to get changed, and I will be floating in the lazy river...pool area looks busy...! Tomorrow is a late start, doing Epcot and HS with the tour guide.

Thanks so much for photographing and posting this. I meant to do it but I kept getting distracted.

:sad2:
Actually, Erika Murphy, not Erika Storm ;), took the picture. She gave me permission to post it on the forums. Our room at POR still had the 2015 room only BB offer. And I forgot to look in the YC folder.

Thanks, Sue! Looks like April is still a no-go for BB! Drat!
There might be a RO discount for April 2016. The 2015 RO BB included most of April.

White Rose: I hope the rest of your stay is wonderful. I also had a family member who was like your SIL. She actually made me cry on a vacation to Arizona (almost 30 years ago. I think I was in my early 20's). If I could go back and do it over, I would have let her sit outside Old Tuscon movie studio all day in the heat.... Well no I wouldn't have, but a few years later I realized I should just be glad someone didn't call the police for leaving a senior citizen alone in the heat for an hour. We actually heard people talking about that poor old lady alone outside because her family came in. We took a great number of very deep breaths to remain calm. May your Dad have a wonderful 80th birthday, may you and your family have fun, and may your SIL realize (someday) that memories with loved ones are priceless and that future opportunities can be gone in an instant. Glad you have had some pixie dust! Have a great day!
Sarah

Thank you for your kind words...it was a better day today. Much better. I got a little teary eyed during wishes and I am kinda glad SIL did not stay for it because I would not have been able to bare her. I just spent a lot of time thinking about my mom who passed in 2012 and could not be there to have fun. My mom was a very serious lady, not big on fun and games...till she got to Disney and it was the only place I saw her other side...and I miss her.

Thank you for your kind words...it was a better day today. Much better. I got a little teary eyed during wishes and I am kinda glad SIL did not stay for it because I would not have been able to bare her. I just spent a lot of time thinking about my mom who passed in 2012 and could not be there to have fun. My mom was a very serious lady, not big on fun and games...till she got to Disney and it was the only place I saw her other side...and I miss her.

We lost Mom April 2008. Our last WDW trip had been in 1998. I get a little weepy sometimes too, easpecially at attractions she loved or new ones I know she would have enjoyed (especially if I'm tired). Glad to hear SIL is a little better. Don't know her so won't judge her- just have fun and hope she joins in. She probably needs more fun than anyone knows.
Sarah

We leave on TUESDAY!! After 499 days of saving and planning, I just don't even know what to do with myself. I am so excited, yet nervous, what if I did not do enough trip planning. Did I over plan, did I not plan enough, did I pick the right dinning, how will the kids deal with the heat,. UGH. Save me from myself. LOL I CAN'T WAIT

Nothing wrong with that!!!

Actually, our friend Robyn (Disneymomx7) posted that the Sunken Treasure is now on the bar menu at the Grand Floridian Pool. It is making the rounds, so to speak. Maybe you can get it rolling at the Poly.

:goodvibes:
I tried explaining it the the bartender at the Poly pool bar. I failed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter