• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here now. Rooms are absolutely beautiful. Check in was kind of chaotic. Didn't get a text so didn't get into our rooms until 4:45. However, when we did our luggage was there and so was my son's custom gift basket. He still thinks it came from Mickey and carried his Pluto gift around all night! It was totally worth it. Dinner at crystal Palace was yummy and timed fast pass just right so got fireworks while on 7DMT. Today was awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow! image.jpg

I had made a last minute decision to change our trip last weekend from 3 nights at POR to two nights POR and one night YC (BC wasn't available with the passholder discount). I called the day before our check in day and was able to make the switch. There have been reports that people were unable to add, subtract or change resorts but I was very glad that I was able to do it. The hurricane warnings at the time were the main reason for the switch. As it turned out, we had very little rain, but then that is another story. ;)

We checked into the YC last Monday morning. We had a very nice brand new CM, Gabriel from Brazil, who was just learning his new registration job. We gave him plenty of practice. I had booked a garden view room but since the resort had lots of availability due to cancellations, I asked if they had a lagoon room available, which they did. So Gabriel learned how to make sure we had fully checked out of POR, he had to look for an available room that fit our requests and make that switch, and he had to make sure our MB's were linked to our room. And he did a great job because our MB's worked perfectly for both of our reservations. We were given room 3157 which is located at the end of the wing closest to the lake side YC entrance.

86575bf4-e453-429c-8935-0c68c38ef0d5_zps1z4msix4.jpg

IMG_2349_zpsdaa93c38.jpg

IMG_2350_zpsd171c6e8.jpg

ETA: I'm having the worst time getting the right size images. Photobucket seems to have a mind of its own.

IMG_2347_zps5cfb8ec5.jpg

Last edited:
I had made a last minute decision to change our trip last weekend from 3 nights at POR to two nights POR and one night YC (BC wasn't available with the passholder discount). I called the day before our check in day and was able to get make the switch. There have been reports that people were unable to add, subtract or change resorts but I was very glad that I was able to do it. The hurricane warnings at the time were the main reason for the switch. As it turned out, we had very little rain, but then that is another story. ;)

We checked into the YC last Monday morning. We had a very nice brand new CM, Gabriel from Brazil, who was just learning his new registration job. We gave him plenty of practice. I had booked a garden view room but since the resort had lots of availability due to cancellations, I asked if they had a lagoon room available, which they did. So Gabriel learned how to make sure we had fully checked out of POR, he had to look for an available room that fit our requests and make that switch, and he had to make sure our MB's were linked to our room. And he did a great job because our MB's worked perfectly for both of our reservations. We were given room 3157 which is located at the end of the wing closest to the lake side YC entrance.

IMG_2349_zpsdaa93c38.jpg

IMG_2350_zpsd171c6e8.jpg

ETA: I'm having the worst time getting the right size images. Photobucket seems to have a mind of its own.

IMG_2347_zps5cfb8ec5.jpg

Nice view!

I just returned last night from 7 days at the Beach Club and wanted to provide a mini-review/report here.

But first, to Teena, I want to say how sorry I am to hear of your loss. We've never met but from keeping up with this thread I feel like so many others that I "know" you in some way, and I can't imagine how difficult this has been for you. Your tribute to Bob here was beautiful. I am wishing peace and comfort for you and your family.

We spent our first few nights in Orlando on the Dark Side at Cabana Bay which we really enjoyed a lot, despite it being a "value" resort. We had a family suite, which was really nice for our party of 3 adults and 2 kids (myself, my husband, my Mom, and my 6 yo and 9 yo sons). The price for the suite was comparable to a room at a moderate Disney resort, and the pools at Cabana Bay were really great. They were much less crowded than SAB and I may be in trouble for saying this, but I thought the lazy river was far superior to the SAB lazy river. It moved a little faster, was shallow enough for my 6 yo son to go without a life jacket, and it felt secluded and relaxing with waterfalls and greenery throughout. LOVED it. The only downside to Cabana Bay was no Express Pass, but it was ok since we were mostly there to visit the Wizarding World of HP which doesn't use EP for the most part anyway.

On to the BC! We arrived on Saturday the 29th around 11 AM and every CM we talked to was so enthusiastically friendly and helpful I was very impressed. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge on our other trip to WDW and I have to say the BC CM's were a step above. Our room was ready when we checked in, and like so many others we were upgraded from a Garden View to a Lagoon View. It was really the best room I could have asked for short of being upgraded to a suite. I got the text that our room was ready while we were at the online check in desk, so it all happened simultaneously, and I didn't see my reservation change from GV to LV until that point. We went to our room and the luggage we had just left with bell services followed us up there within about 5 minutes.

The room was 4615 and if I could request this specific room again I most definitely would. It had a daybed, a larger than average full balcony (no dormer like the other 4th floor balconies I saw in this area) and it was a very short walk to the elevators. Here are some photos.

view_of_room_from_outside.png
roomview_last_morning.png

An "artsy" one my husband took:

room_view_storm_clouds.png

Great view of Frozen Fireworks! (this was a cloudy night so they didn't look so great here).

fireworks_balcony1.png

Interior shots before we made a mess:

inside_room1.png
inside_room2.png

On our check in day we ate the Beach Club Marketplace, and I have to say it was my least favorite part of the resort. It seemed really chaotic and the choices were very limited. This was the only time we ate there. We also ate at Cape May for both dinner and breakfast, and enjoyed both, and had dinner at the Captain's Grille one night which we also really liked.

The kids and I spent plenty of time at SAB and my only complaint is that there aren't many areas shallow enough for my 2 sons to go without life jackets, aside from the kiddie pool over on the YC side. (WHY is the lazy river so deep???). Since it was usually just the kids and I down there (my Mom and husband aren't pool people) I didn't enjoy being stuck in the kiddie pool and my kids hate wearing life jackets. We did manage to explore all of the areas and go down the slide several times though :)

I love World Showcase so it was awesome to be so close. We spent three nights there and got more than our share of Agent P, which my 6 yo loved. We ate several meals there and got to do lots of shopping and whatnot. We also used the "secret" entrance near room 1501 several times, although it did take some trial and error trying to find it the first time! Those hallways are like a maze, and the little elevator on that side kind of reminds me of the Tower of Terror.

The bus and boat service was really great. The longest we waited for a bus was after Wishes one night, which is to be expected, and I think we might have stood there exhausted at the bus stop for about 45 minutes. This was mainly because we refused entry to the extremely crowded standing room only bus because I had a sleeping 6 year old and a stroller to deal with. Yes, I rented a stroller for a 6 year old and I'm GLAD I did!

All in all I really loved the BC and would love to stay again. I do always have an urge to try different things though and my sisters and I are talking about renting DVC points at AK for a trip in two years, so we'll see. All of your help and tips here on this board have been excellent and very much appreciated. I don't think we would have had such a great time without them!

Here I am with my husband and kids in front (back?) of the BC yesterday after we checked out:

us_beach_club_last_day.png

Last edited:
What are some potential downsides to a room by the quiet pool at BC other than distance from the lobby? And is the distance a big deal? I've read lots of posts about the hallways being a maze. Would it be a major pain? No kids in our group.

I had made a last minute decision to change our trip last weekend from 3 nights at POR to two nights POR and one night YC (BC wasn't available with the passholder discount). I called the day before our check in day and was able to get make the switch. There have been reports that people were unable to add, subtract or change resorts but I was very glad that I was able to do it. The hurricane warnings at the time were the main reason for the switch. As it turned out, we had very little rain, but then that is another story. ;)

IMG_2349_zpsdaa93c38.jpg

IMG_2350_zpsd171c6e8.jpg

IMG_2347_zps5cfb8ec5.jpg
Gorgeous! Nice change!

What are some potential downsides to a room by the quiet pool at BC other than distance from the lobby? And is the distance a big deal? I've read lots of posts about the hallways being a maze. Would it be a major pain? No kids in our group.
Take a look at the room chart - I think it's referenced on the first page or so - although the hallways are long, it's really not complicated...simply a zig-zag. We have had rooms by the quiet pool and loved the convenience of EPCOT.

The length of the BC halls isn't that bad, if you are adults with no mobility issues. It is a bit of a walk, so if you had trouble with walking distances, a room far from the elevator would not be good after a long day at the park, but if you have no mobility issues the length of the halls are fine. It can just feel long because as jlundeen says, it is a bit of a zig zag so you feel like you are turning corner after corner after corner.

On our last trip we had the furthest room from the elevator and it was just fine. The walk wasn't a problem at all.

Last edited:
Wood Nymph - we were in the almost exact same room but on the first floor. 1159. Wasn't that a fabulous view! We had an extra large patio too
It was a fantastic view. :goodvibes
I really like how close the rooms are in that wing to the lobby, boats, buses, SAB - everything. Last year we were in room 1148 - same hallway, just not that great view. I just wish we had been able to enjoy it longer.

A room by the BC quiet pool isn't a bad location at all. We've had two rooms that were close to it and found both of them very convenient to going to and from Epcot, to and from the restaurants at the Boardwalks, and very convenient for swimming. We find that it is much easier to swim in the quiet pool than to go SAB when we are in that area. And then is an elevator right there, too. And most of the rooms that face the quiet pool also face the lagoon, although the lower floors might not have the best views.

The BC quiet pool doesn't usually get very many people in it, either, so it should be quiet most of the time. I would think the only disadvantage would be the lack of privacy from people at the pool being able to see in your room.

Omg it is over! The trip with my SIL and 5 nieces/nephews, brother, hubby and dad is winding down. So, the BC is amazing, room, amazing, location...amazing. Pool...guess....amazing!

I was really in a horrible mood all day today. No need to go into details, I am sure your imagination can fill in the blanks. Rode lots of rides. Lots of smiles from dad and kids. SIL....let it gooo let it gooooo...

Anyway...we went back to the resort around 8:30 and went to our respective rooms. I made a statement earlier today saying to my patient hubby that my SIL nearly killed disney for me, and it lost its magic...because at one point I was on a ride and did not enjoy it because I knew when I got off it, she would be there, making some sort of a complaint.

So...we went to MK, just the two of us. Yea we should have been packing.... I got 3 FPs, big thunder, Winnie and jungle cruise. We got on thunder and rode twice, 5 min wait for the second ride....and the fireworks were going off at the castle. And I nearly cried. Big bursts of color as we went up over the hills, booms and cracks of fireworks....The magic came back. We walked back to Winnie and I was back to being me. We then went to the people mover, and had ice cream near the plaza, right as the second MSEP went by....and..IT WAS AMAZING. We have our traditions...people mover, MSEP, Winnie the Pooh, and we got to do them finally!

We never got to the jungle cruise, and that is okay...we will be back...just never again with my SIL. Now time to dream about OUR vacation....ABD in October, Disneyland! (This trip to WDW was unplanned back when we put our deposit down for ABD!)

Thank you all for your well wishes, cheers and support. The likes to my posts made my day better...hugs all around!

Omg it is over! The trip with my SIL and 5 nieces/nephews, brother, hubby and dad is winding down. So, the BC is amazing, room, amazing, location...amazing. Pool...guess....amazing!

I was really in a horrible mood all day today. No need to go into details, I am sure your imagination can fill in the blanks. Rode lots of rides. Lots of smiles from dad and kids. SIL....let it gooo let it gooooo...

Anyway...we went back to the resort around 8:30 and went to our respective rooms. I made a statement earlier today saying to my patient hubby that my SIL nearly killed disney for me, and it lost its magic...because at one point I was on a ride and did not enjoy it because I knew when I got off it, she would be there, making some sort of a complaint.

So...we went to MK, just the two of us. Yea we should have been packing.... I got 3 FPs, big thunder, Winnie and jungle cruise. We got on thunder and rode twice, 5 min wait for the second ride....and the fireworks were going off at the castle. And I nearly cried. Big bursts of color as we went up over the hills, booms and cracks of fireworks....The magic came back. We walked back to Winnie and I was back to being me. We then went to the people mover, and had ice cream near the plaza, right as the second MSEP went by....and..IT WAS AMAZING. We have our traditions...people mover, MSEP, Winnie the Pooh, and we got to do them finally!

We never got to the jungle cruise, and that is okay...we will be back...just never again with my SIL. Now time to dream about OUR vacation....ABD in October, Disneyland! (This trip to WDW was unplanned back when we put our deposit down for ABD!)

Thank you all for your well wishes, cheers and support. The likes to my posts made my day better...hugs all around!
So very glad to hear that you had a magical last night. I'm sorry you had so many struggles along the way and I hope you have a wonderful time in Disneyland.

:sunny:

HAPPY for you that your last night was SO MEMORABLE!:thumbsup2 THINK about the lasting wonderful birthday memories that you made for your family and DAD! party:There are some people in life that can never be happy. Many of us unfortunately know them; it is there loss to be so unhappy!:sad2: ENJOY Disneyland!:sunny:

Omg it is over! The trip with my SIL and 5 nieces/nephews, brother, hubby and dad is winding down. So, the BC is amazing, room, amazing, location...amazing. Pool...guess....amazing! Thank you all for your well wishes, cheers and support. The likes to my posts made my day better...hugs all around!
Thank you for taking us along on the "long" journey. From the very beginning we could sense that you weren't going to let the journey be scarred by one person and that your Dad was the focus of the efforts. I'm willing to wager that when your nieces/nephews get older they will plan their own journey back to the Mouse and let you know how special this trip was to them. Best to you and your Dad.
Katesdad

Monkey Bat Signal.jpg
Monkey-Bat Signal

What do you do when you are hopelessly behind on all of the trip reports you are reading and writing? You start a 4th one! This report is dedicated to a great man and special family in our lives. Humor and writing are very therapeutic to me and I fervently believe in the healing power of a smile and laughter.

May I present to you "Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys"

Very happy you ended with a nice evening and your hubby sounds amazing. I'm sorry I wasn't around to "listen" and help in anyway I could. Perhaps next time we will meet up in the lobby.

OMG, I got tears in my eyes while reading this...I know EXACTLY what you mean about the magic not being there, and suddenly overtaking you again!! That means it was never really gone, just waiting for you to be ready to feel it again. I'm so glad you did! And what you did for your Dad, well, he will ALWAYS know the Disney Magic, and have wonderful memories. The other "THINGS" just don't matter!

Congratulations on a job well done!! :love2:

Edited to add: There's an old saying that popped into my head every time I read about the antics of your SIL: "If your friend is in a mud puddle, and you can't get her out, you have to get away from her or she will splash the mud on you, and even pull you in." Maybe someday, she will figure out a way to climb out herself. In the meantime, don't get splashed! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter