Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

May I join you in the 1 month dance???

:banana::banana::banana:

Are you gonna be there at that time???

A group of friends from the BC/YC FAQ thread are planning on getting together after Teena gets out of work on Sunday August 30. Place and time have not been determined yet because we don’t know how many people will be interested in meeting up. If you will be in the World at that time and think you might join us, please PM me natebenma and we will let you know the details.

:jumping1:

PMed you.

Hello all! Only 18 days until our Yacht Club vacation! I know this information is available somewhere and I really should search for it but......could all you nice people that have stayed at Club Level at the Yacht Club please tell me if it is worth it? I was thinking about surprising my family with the upgrade. Does this give you a bigger room? How about a guarantee for a nice view? Also what kind of food is available during different times of the day? How about beverages (especially adult!)? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically looking to see if it is worth it for my family of four to upgrade to Club Level. Thanks!

- manooly

Hello all! Only 18 days until our Yacht Club vacation! I know this information is available somewhere and I really should search for it but......could all you nice people that have stayed at Club Level at the Yacht Club please tell me if it is worth it? I was thinking about surprising my family with the upgrade. Does this give you a bigger room? How about a guarantee for a nice view? Also what kind of food is available during different times of the day? How about beverages (especially adult!)? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically looking to see if it is worth it for my family of four to upgrade to Club Level. Thanks!

- manooly
Post. 12 has lots of CL info, including offerings (with pictures!) and some "is it worth it?" reviews. Check those out to get you started.

- manooly

Post. 12 has lots of CL info, including offerings (with pictures!) and some "is it worth it?" reviews. Check those out to get you started.

Great suggestion.

Also, if you go back a few pages and look at catho72's posts she has several pictures of the offerings in club level (BC and YC food is the same). Tigrluvspooh's live report also has some pictures. I haven't had a chance to link these reports to Page 12 yet.

The room sizes on the 5th floor are generally the same as the standard rooms and I don't know that the views are any better, except that maybe since they are on a higher floor, you get a more expansive view

What is the cost difference for your family for the stay?

:)

Will I regret not eating at Beaches and Cream. I can't get a table there. I have and ADR for one night but its for 6:20 and we have the Fantasmic dinner (lunch) package . I read that we still need to be there an hour early even with that seating for Fantasmic. Is that true? 41 day to go.

Soooo..... In addition to our upcoming YC stay from Sept 19-26 WITH our kids, DH and I are now thinking about doing 3 nights at BC next April/May WITHOUT our kids. We would also do two nights/days offsite at Universal before switching to Disney for Flower and Garden.

We are highly considering staying club level. We would plan on having breakfast there every day, maybe lunch snack on the way from HS to Epcot and AK to Epcot, plus drinks in the evening on the way to MK if it is feasible. Our loose plan would be to RD HS and AK two mornings, hen do a combo of MK and Epcot for our three afternoon/evenings.

That would be worth staying club level, right? I have been looking, but is there a summary anywhere of the BC club level offerings?

Will I regret not eating at Beaches and Cream. I can't get a table there. I have and ADR for one night but its for 6:20 and we have the Fantasmic dinner (lunch) package . I read that we still need to be there an hour early even with that seating for Fantasmic. Is that true? 41 day to go.
Just there this month and it was a little surprising how easily this event fills up now, since the dining package is not the only method to get in "early" with the introduction of FP+. If you have a special desire to sit in a specific area within the dining package designated area the earlier you arrive the more options available.

Just there this month and it was a little surprising how easily this event fills up now, since the dining package is not the only method to get in "early" with the introduction of FP+. If you have a special desire to sit in a specific area within the dining package designated area the earlier you arrive the more options available.

Thank you. I will keep trying to move beaches n cream

Soooo..... In addition to our upcoming YC stay from Sept 19-26 WITH our kids, DH and I are now thinking about doing 3 nights at BC next April/May WITHOUT our kids. We would also do two nights/days offsite at Universal before switching to Disney for Flower and Garden.

We are highly considering staying club level. We would plan on having breakfast there every day, maybe lunch snack on the way from HS to Epcot and AK to Epcot, plus drinks in the evening on the way to MK if it is feasible. Our loose plan would be to RD HS and AK two mornings, hen do a combo of MK and Epcot for our three afternoon/evenings.

That would be worth staying club level, right? I have been looking, but is there a summary anywhere of the BC club level offerings?

We were there last week. We thought the food was fresher and not as heavy as last year. Erika may have some pictures of the offering this week in her trip report. These are the things we remember from last week:
Morning offerings were oatmeal, grits, fruit,dry cereal, homemade granola, 3 kinds of yogurt, bagels, croissants, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, juices, milk, etc.
Afternoon snacks were 2 kinds of home made chips & dip, yogurt pretzels, trail mix, cookies, hummus and crackers etc.
Appetizers were 2 hot-usually fried, 2 kinds of cold salads, cheese & crackers, bread, pb &j shooters, veggies and dip, another cold app-like seafood salad on cracker, etc.
Desserts were cookies, cupcakes and 2-3 bar type desserts.

We were 4 adults and thought it was worthwhile. We ordered less at dinner because we had the apps in the lounge. Always grabbed a soda for the room, a beer or wine sometimes. Monetary-probably not so much but was a nice experience.

While staying it CL would be awesome it's not in the cards for this trip, I believe what we have booked is a standard room. Having the cribs is a must and I've heard that if you request it that they can remove the desk from the room. Anyone know if this is possible?
Maybe request a King Size room. Then ask them to remove the chair and footstool. This will give more room to put in the two cribs.

Shhhh... Don't tell anyone...

In 4 stays at the Beach Club I have yet to eat at Beaches & Cream

*Ducks* as a whole can of dairy topping is whipped at my head :duck:

I had a reservation there for my upcoming trip, but cancelled it as a result of peer pressure

Not sure about Fantasmic, but I suspect you should be there 45 min to an hour early.

::yes::

43 days to go............nothing left to do but scan, rescan, scan a third time at ADR's (might have to tweak that time by 5 min :rolleyes1) move around my FP+, put items in my GG order, then remove them, then add them, then decide again that you don't need to place an order for this trip.

I'm going crazy.

Trying to keep my mind off the fact that in 3 weeks, I drive my baby off to college :sad:

Honestly, I'm not sure how much you'll be missing. The ice cream is the fun part, and you can get that at the take out window (at least a few selections). It's not like there's anything super special about the actual food, and the long time frame you would need (for burgers and fries) would probably hinder your fantasmic plans to the point of regretting eating there. I'd say cancel it and grab some ice cream at the take-out window.

~Cari~ pluto:

We were there last week. We thought the food was fresher and not as heavy as last year. Erika may have some pictures of the offering this week in her trip report. These are the things we remember from last week:
Morning offerings were oatmeal, grits, fruit,dry cereal, homemade granola, 3 kinds of yogurt, bagels, croissants, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, juices, milk, etc.
Afternoon snacks were 2 kinds of home made chips & dip, yogurt pretzels, trail mix, cookies, hummus and crackers etc.
Appetizers were 2 hot-usually fried, 2 kinds of cold salads, cheese & crackers, bread, pb &j shooters, veggies and dip, another cold app-like seafood salad on cracker, etc.
Desserts were cookies, cupcakes and 2-3 bar type desserts.

We were 4 adults and thought it was worthwhile. We ordered less at dinner because we had the apps in the lounge. Always grabbed a soda for the room, a beer or wine sometimes. Monetary-probably not so much but was a nice experience.

Thank you so much! I showed my DH the pictures of the club level offering Catho72 posted on page 30 and he was very impressed. I tend to eat 6ish small meals a day, so I think the CL offerings could knock out at least 3 of them. Plus get me a caffeine fix. I am really excited by the idea of staying CL. Now DH just needs to talk his parents into sitting for our kids so we can escape!

Edited: Wow I had some horrible typos!!

Last edited:
page 138-139

Anyone know if the frozen treat stand is accessible from outside the pool area? From the picture, it doesn't look like it.

We do day trips to WDW quite often and would love to stop by there.

I don't think so. The former gift shop/current Frozen treat stand is within SAB boundaries. :(

I wonder if you would be able to ask at Hurricane Hanna's?

:)

On a side note, I heard that she started working at WDW when it opened.

I wonder if there will be any special event this November in honor of the 25th anniversary of the BC/YC.

I didn't know that!

I don't know if they will be doing anything for the anniversary. But I would have to be there for that. Right?

:goodvibes:

Did they put a Dole Whip machine in? I tried the Dark Rum Dole Float at AK in January, pretty good!! At Poly I've been known to bring my own Malibu Rum :-).

Yes, ma'am! We just got word earlier this week about this Thanks, Erika! It was pretty stealth. Right Cathy? @catho72

Here is a sign I saw posted on FB this morning. Looks like they are attempting to get the word out now-

Dole Whip sign.jpg

We are staying at BC Aug20-29

Got it! I'll update your listing.

:woohoo:

I just looked at the first page and the 2016 list has grown a lot since we were added :thumbsup2

Yesterday at about 11:40 am I went from Beach Club lobby to Yacht Club Lobby.

beach Club lobby smelled fishy when I got close to Cape May Cafe. But not anywhere else in the lobby.

I did not notice any construction noise. But they were trying to dig up something in the sidewalk area in front of Yacht Club entrance (facing Boardwalk). Not sure what they were doing. it started raining during lunch, so they left.

Bell services guy said he heard that BCV remodel was supposed to start after BC remodel finished. But after the designs were drawn up, somebody apparently decided they needed to be changed. He did not have a timetable.

My room at BCV faced BCV pool. Will post pics when I get home. Only noise came from one very loud adult. Once he left, noise was not an issue. Was on 4th floor.

Thanks so much for these details.

:thumbsup2

So it took me three days, but I finally read through this entire thread and I have to say it's making me even more excited for our BC stay in 64 days! Oct 1st-11th!!

I do have one question that I didn't see the answer to. When we visit we will be bringing our twin boys who at the time of our visit will be 22 months old. At home they sleep in cribs, and while staying other places we've tried pack n plays but they won't sleep in them. So we plan on renting two cribs and my question is will two fit in our room?

Thanks in advance!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1::cool1:

I know you have received some great advice about the two cribs. I hope it works out for you.

BTW- the second t in your screen name did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

party:

My family, DH, DS15 and I will be at the Yacht Club the end of August. This will be our first time at the Yacht Club and are very much looking forward to SAB. We have always loved the pool at the French Quarter, but I'm quite sure there is no comparison!

I am learning so much from all of you reading through these threads!

As opposed to our previous "Commando"style touring all day long. We hope to spend mornings and evening in the parks. The afternoons will be spent relaxing at the pool. My concern is in being able to find a shady spot. Are there any locations at SAB, or would we be better off at the quiet pool?

Any advise is much appreciated.
:thanks:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cheer2:

Others have posted with some suggestions for shady spots at SAB.

:beach:

Shhhh... Don't tell anyone...

In 4 stays at the Beach Club I have yet to eat at Beaches & Cream

*Ducks* as a whole can of dairy topping is whipped at my head :duck:

I had a reservation there for my upcoming trip, but cancelled it as a result of peer pressure

Not sure about Fantasmic, but I suspect you should be there 45 min to an hour early.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much you'll be missing. The ice cream is the fun part, and you can get that at the take out window (at least a few selections). It's not like there's anything super special about the actual food, and the long time frame you would need (for burgers and fries) would probably hinder your fantasmic plans to the point of regretting eating there. I'd say cancel it and grab some ice cream at the take-out window.

~Cari~ pluto:

Thank you both so very much. I am at the crazy over crazy over stressing stage of my planning. I am at the point of wanted to cancel all of it. LOL I am going to cancel Beaches and Cream and hope to pick it up another day. I am glad to hear the good part is the ice cream that we can get at the window. I also sounds like the pool café has good food too. I am hope that we are our of HS by 1:00 in SAB by 1:30 until 7 when we need to go back for Fantasmic. I have not seen Fantasmic in 9 years! I am so excited.

Thank you all so very much for all your help on this board. 40 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe we are staying deluxe and club level on top of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter