Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!! Question for the WL vets.....

We are booked for 3 nights at POFQ in December. Always wanted to stay at WL during the holidays, but there were no discounts available during our dates. Now, however, there is a PH rate on a CL room for our arrival night, only. As we are arriving early in the day and will be doing MVMCP that night, thinking the club would be the perfect place to relax if our room is not ready when we check in.

I also thought the boat would be a better option for getting to MK than the bus from POFQ (or driving to TTC). But I've read a few things here that make me think otherwise....so looking for honest opinions on the boat transportation to MK, particularly on party nights? Any better if we were to boat to CR and walk?

My 2 concerns about arrival day are the kids getting a nap before the party and ease of transportation to the party....so hopeful I can accomplish both here....and I can also get my WL Christmas fix! :)

Thanks so much!!

The boat service to MK is one of the best parts of staying at WL. We never had a long wait for a boat at any time.

Anybody have the direct front desk number?? The person who's answering the number I'm dialing isn't there and will NOT ask them the question I'm trying to get answered!! She just keeps saying "well, I assume" and "probably" and "you can check back...."

Anybody have the direct front desk number?? The person who's answering the number I'm dialing isn't there and will NOT ask them the question I'm trying to get answered!! She just keeps saying "well, I assume" and "probably" and "you can check back...."
For anyone who's there NOW, would you mind asking at the front desk if there will be any Photopass photographers at the resort next week (and when) AND if the Wonders of the Lodge tour will run on Thanksgiving Day. Would appreciate this so much!! Thanks!!!

The Christmas decorations will be going up in the WL on Sunday. We asked at the front desk tonight as we leave tomorrow so unfortunately we will miss them.

Aww, sorry you will miss them! We are there in just about two weeks, so yea!!

Love your avatar by the way! :dumbo:

Yeah I checked all my internal forms and they all refer to hitting the FRONT DESK button on the room phones on all listings.

Aww, sorry you will miss them! We are there in just about two weeks, so yea!!

Love your avatar by the way! :dumbo:
Sorry to hear that :( If you are leaving just a day before, Id say try to stick around another day if you're able to.

Is it right that the tree has gone up the Sunday evening before thanksgiving 3 years in a row now? If so, I might have to be a little skeptical about the lottery for Christmas decorations (p.s. I mean that in the nicest way dansdad)

Last edited:
Okay, the days do appear to differ though I still thought a pattern was forming from the last 3 years. I know they wouldn't want that though because so many people would probably show up to watch it.
In an old thread I found it went up on November 24th just before Thanksgiving in 2014 (monday or sunday night I'm not sure)
and in this thread for 2015, it says it was up by the morning of November 24th just before Thanksgiving again. Grand Floridian's
also appears to have gone up the same exact night (monday) And this year it will possibly be up by Monday morning November 21st just before Thanksgiving.

I've talked way too much about the tree, I'll let this thread go back to other things now. :)

Hello. I'm considering booking the Wilderness Lodge for late March. It was be a Garden view room. How is the construction going these days?

Sorry to hear that :( If you are leaving just a day before, Id say try to stick around another day if you're able to.

Is it right that the tree has gone up the Sunday evening before thanksgiving 3 years in a row now? If so, I might have to be a little skeptical about the lottery for Christmas decorations (p.s. I mean that in the nicest way dansdad)

Last year it went up Monday night/Tuesday morning...and it was quite an experience getting to see the "magic" happen! :santa: :tink:

Hello. I'm considering booking the Wilderness Lodge for late March. It was be a Garden view room. How is the construction going these days?
There are a lot of pictures and reports of the status of construction if you read through the last few months of pages on this thread. There is also a thread dedicated to the construction, but this thread has some good information, too.

We will be there the end of March and I am expecting the construction to be pretty similar to what it is now. The south wing isn't going to be finished until 2018, so the resort will still be half full. The main pool will be open as well as all of the food services. We expect to have a wonderful time and don't expect the construction to bother us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter