• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you hear the noise from the service area below? I've been considering the idea of booking a club level room, but the closed balcony and the possibility of a room over this service are a couple of negatives.
I had a std non CL room before and didn't like it all! This is better because 7th floor your eyes look "out" not down. Our view down was mostly a service area and a view of the cooking shed.

Still to see CR and the castle was a nice surprise and we enjoyed that view!

Could you hear the noise from the service area below? I've been considering the idea of booking a club level room, but the closed balcony and the possibility of a room over this service are a couple of negatives.

We in a standard room on the 5th floor right over the service area. We have had no issue at all with noise. We do have an air purifier we brought with us for white noise at night, but we haven't even heard much when it wasn't on. We have enjoyed the Wishes view on a couple of nights.

Just made the last payment on our July WDW trip! So excited to be all paid up! Can't wait to stay at WL for the first time. It looks like a beautiful resort and so close to our favorite park MK. 46 days to go and it will be so sweet being back in the World.

Nice! That must be an amazing feeling. I'm not going to be paid up, our trip is right around the corner in June.

Greetings all! So after numerous trips, all previously at PoP Century, I now have 11 nights at the WL August 25-Sept 5! I am beyond excited as I've always wanted to stay here. So, I have a Courtyard View reserved but need to know what exactly I should request to attempt to get the best room possible. I know that I don't want a room facing the Villas. OTher than that, my research takes me in all different directions. Do I want a 5th floor inner courtyard room? I need help knowing exactly what I should request.

I have a silly question- Anyone know if WL has a helium tank to inflate balloons? I always decorate for :bday: DDs birthday and last year was pleasantly surprised that YC inflated balloons ( i supplied some and they added more) for me. Wandering if I should just order from Disney Floral & gifts or party: not.
Thanks

Greetings all! So after numerous trips, all previously at PoP Century, I now have 11 nights at the WL August 25-Sept 5! I am beyond excited as I've always wanted to stay here. So, I have a Courtyard View reserved but need to know what exactly I should request to attempt to get the best room possible. I know that I don't want a room facing the Villas. OTher than that, my research takes me in all different directions. Do I want a 5th floor inner courtyard room? I need help knowing exactly what I should request.
We had a fifth floor inner courtyard room and it was a great location. :) It had an open balcony and you could see Bay Lake and the geyser.

There is basically 4 sections.
One faces CR/MK, 2 face the courtyard and the last faces the VWL.

In January we got the side facing MK and I enjoyed watching wishes from our balcony. Please note: you have to stand to see them due to the enclosed balcony.

However I would have liked the courtyard as well. I don't really think any would have been bad.

My daughter was impressed with my knowledge. Make sure you know where all the elevators are. I kept showing her shortcuts! For example to the pool or RR we used a different one vs the main ones near the lounge. It is a fun resort to explore! Make time to find all the nooks and crannies and rock cases :)

I found a lot of useful info here. See the white map from the lodgelady. It helps!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...nformation-thread-2015.3372315/#post-52944255

Thank you for taking the time to answer - I know this question gets asked a lot (as I of course want to know too, so that's why I read this thread so often, and I have to say, the more I read, the more confused I've become!)

So thank you, the bottom line I like is "I don't really think any would've been bad" and that's when I chuckled and thought "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!" :banana::banana: so even if its a "service truck" area, its still in Disney, we're still Club Level (first time)...

love that you took time to post the link too! :) and I can assure you I've read it more than once... :rainbow:
(its what I do when I dream of the upcoming trip!!)

thank you trishadono for the beautiful pics and the view info.

and thanks to the poster who mentioned booking thru expedia :)

Last edited:
thank you trishadono for the beautiful pics and the view info.

and thanks to the poster who mentioned booking thru expedia :)
You are welcome. Dd at 19 and I had a great trip ! Please pm me if you have any CL questions:)

I check back here once in a while because I want to give back since so many helped me plan MY trip:)

Thank you for taking the time to answer - I know this question gets asked a lot (as I of course want to know too, so that's why I read this thread so often, and I have to say, the more I read, the more confused I've become!)

So thank you, the bottom line I like is "I don't really think any would've been bad" and that's when I chuckled and thought "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!" :banana::banana: so even if its a "service truck" area, its still in Disney, we're still Club Level (first time)...

love that you took time to post the link too! :) and I can assure you I've read it more than once... :rainbow:
(its what I do when I dream of the upcoming trip!!)
Yes! I feel that way too! Going to disney!!! I am a half glass full person. I try to find the good in any resort or room.

I have stayed now at gf in RPC and SL, cr in atrium club and poly both TPV and GV and have to say that WL cl was equally as good!!! It didn't have the monorail but it had more food than cr and poly. We found the bus to MK super fast!! I do enjoy the boats for the view when not in a hurry.

For the price I find WL CL a great and fun value at Disney. The CMs were so truly friendly too!

I am still missing that cobbler, YUM!!

Oh , the reason we are staying at gf CL in August??? I loved WL but gf CL was the same price on orbitz as I paid in January at WL!!! Ya never know the discount so I go where the best deal is!!!

A new coffee shop offering is currently being tested inside the Territory Lounge, a themed bar located inside Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The shop will operate daily between 7–11 a.m. Guests will be able to choose a variety of items from regular coffee to a Wilderness Bark Latte and much more. As this is a test offering, The Walt Disney World Resort will re-evaluate the offerings and style of service each day and adjust as necessary.
Here is the complete menu that Guests will find at the coffee shop (subject to change at any time):
EIt6ph7.jpg

Guests are encouraged to come and try this new location, which will be available for a limited time.

I am really looking forward to checking this out in July! Thank you so much, LodgeLady!

Hi all! I stayed at the Lodge for the first time last year and I loved it so much, I booked it again (CL for the first time!) for my Halloween trip, Oct.27th-Nov.3rd!

It's not too early to be REALLY excited, is it? :flower1:

Kook, thanks for all of the great information! I have our first stay booked at WL from 9/1-9/6. I have stayed at the Poly twice and CR once, so decided to try something new. It's a mother/son surprise trip for my soon to be 10 yr old DS. Double digits call for a special surprise! I am soooo excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter