• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Looking forward to our first WL stay this summer :) I read that itinerary planning would email....they havent. Its been maybe 2 weeks since I booked. I booked on Orbitz tho. I recently read on DIS that reservations booked thru Orbitz get lowest priority :-/ Im a little worried we will wind up with the dumpster view and looked down upon haha for getting a nice deal. I also booked my GF stay thru Orbitz however and received an iPO greeting email within 48 hourss of that booking. (so not sure about the validity of the comment I read regarding Orbitz bookings receiving bottom barrel attention). Im low maintenance. Really all id want is to request a courtyard view but I dont want to even do that if it will be frowned upon due to my use of Orbitz.

The room assigners do not know, nor care, how you booked your reservation.

Is it common not to receive an ipo email?

It is common for a reservation or two to slip through the cracks. I would suggest sending an email to IPO introducing yourself. Make sure you include your dates and your confirmation number.

Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

A new coffee shop offering is currently being tested inside the Territory Lounge, a themed bar located inside Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The shop will operate daily between 7–11 a.m. Guests will be able to choose a variety of items from regular coffee to a Wilderness Bark Latte and much more. As this is a test offering, The Walt Disney World Resort will re-evaluate the offerings and style of service each day and adjust as necessary.

Where is the "Like times 50" button??

LOVE the menu and hope it sticks around awhile!

Our party of seven will be checking in for 10 days into a 2 bedroom villa it is a cash reservation three weeks from today. Every one is really excited especially my two grandchildren. Some time ago I called and asked them to note on the reservation that we prefer a dedicated two bedroom. When I did the on line check I requested a high floor and woods view. I now realize that since my first priority is the dedicated two bedroom that I probably should not have added both the other requests. There does not seem to be a way to remove those requests on line. What number should I call to clarify my requests since it is cash WLV reservation? Lucky for us that we will be happy no matter which villa we get, but I want to at least make the request. We have put in two resort days this trip to really enjoy the resort and relax a little. (7 park days and two resort days and then a week at the beach)
I appreciate all the great information on this thread. Thank you.

Our party of seven will be checking in for 10 days into a 2 bedroom villa it is a cash reservation three weeks from today. Every one is really excited especially my two grandchildren. Some time ago I called and asked them to note on the reservation that we prefer a dedicated two bedroom. When I did the on line check I requested a high floor and woods view. I now realize that since my first priority is the dedicated two bedroom that I probably should not have added both the other requests. There does not seem to be a way to remove those requests on line. What number should I call to clarify my requests since it is cash WLV reservation? Lucky for us that we will be happy no matter which villa we get, but I want to at least make the request. We have put in two resort days this trip to really enjoy the resort and relax a little. (7 park days and two resort days and then a week at the beach)
I appreciate all the great information on this thread. Thank you.

If you're staying on cash then you're going to get a dedicated 2 bedroom.

Our trip is almost here and I'm so excited I could pop!! We're having high temps and high humidity here in southeastern Kentucky right now so I'm getting in some "practice" for Disney weather. :thumbsup2
Can't wait for OFC at the beautiful Lodge!!

Have a magical stay at the OFC!

A new coffee shop offering is currently being tested inside the Territory Lounge, a themed bar located inside Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The shop will operate daily between 7–11 a.m. Guests will be able to choose a variety of items from regular coffee to a Wilderness Bark Latte and much more. As this is a test offering, The Walt Disney World Resort will re-evaluate the offerings and style of service each day and adjust as necessary.
Here is the complete menu that Guests will find at the coffee shop (subject to change at any time):
EIt6ph7.jpg

Guests are encouraged to come and try this new location, which will be available for a limited time.

Thank you for posting the menu for everyone! I think this would be popular if open all day, at least until TL opens at 4. I wonder if this is being tested at any other resorts?

I have to give major kudos to all the WL CMs. They have been so super to us. Just this evening I went to the front desk after our room phone wouldn't work. I told them about the phone and also asked if they could give us a bedrail. We returned to our room an 1 1/2 later to see both things were taken care of. The front desk CM wasn't even sure we could get us a bedrail this late since the resort is virtually sold out.

We also had a blast at Whispering Canyon. Our waitress was fully into the shtick which added to the experience.

This place is just amazing. Our first deluxe stay has been a hit so far.

Sounds like you're having a magical time and don't forget the COBBLER!

Arriving tomorrow! It's been 10 years since our first stay at WL. Looking forward to it!!

Kerry

Ten years is a really long time - enjoy every minute back at the Lodge.

Hi all. Looking forward to our first WL stay this summer :) I read that itinerary planning would email....they havent. Its been maybe 2 weeks since I booked. I booked on Orbitz tho. I recently read on DIS that reservations booked thru Orbitz get lowest priority :-/ Im a little worried we will wind up with the dumpster view and looked down upon haha for getting a nice deal. I also booked my GF stay thru Orbitz however and received an iPO greeting email within 48 hourss of that booking. (so not sure about the validity of the comment I read regarding Orbitz bookings receiving bottom barrel attention). Im low maintenance. Really all id want is to request a courtyard view but I dont want to even do that if it will be frowned upon due to my use of Orbitz.

Is it common not to receive an ipo email? Anyone else book thru Orbitz and what was your experience?

dansdad is right, it doesn't matter with whom you book. There is an automatic trigger now that determines when CL guests are contacted by the IPO. This pretty much started when FP+ and MDX came about. It used to be, years ago, that guests were contacted just shortly after booking. Now, it depends how far out from ADR/FP+ eligibility you are. So you might be contacted just prior to the 180-day mark or just before 90, it all depends on your arrival and when you book. Feel free to contact them anytime and include your last name and reservation number in the subject.

We booked a standard view at WL. We are traveling with our 5-year-old son. Where/which floor should we request to stay (if given the chance)?

Is it common not to receive an ipo email? Anyone else book thru Orbitz and what was your experience?
Hi!

I use orbitz often without any problems. Did you book standard club level? If yes, then you can request courtyard view. Half the rooms are court and half face out so you have decent chances.

I had to contact IPO in January myself. If you have not yet , make sure to link your 6 digit (mix # and letters) confirmation number in your MDE account. You also need to change the address from orbitz to yours when you customize MBs and do online check in.

Relax and enjoy! Soon you'll be there and have a wonderful vaca:)

Hi..yes I booked a standard club level room and the resv. numbers worked fine in my mde and I have magic bands coming to my own home address. All good Thanks. Thanks for the orbitz feedback too. I got a great rate on orbitz which was much better than my AP rate so I went with it :)

If I dont request a courtyard view, what other view might I wind up with?

Hi..yes I booked a standard club level room and the resv. numbers worked fine in my mde and I have magic bands coming to my own home address. All good Thanks. Thanks for the orbitz feedback too. I got a great rate on orbitz which was much better than my AP rate so I went with it :)

If I dont request a courtyard view, what other view might I wind up with?
There is basically 4 sections.
One faces CR/MK, 2 face the courtyard and the last faces the VWL.

In January we got the side facing MK and I enjoyed watching wishes from our balcony. Please note: you have to stand to see them due to the enclosed balcony.

However I would have liked the courtyard as well. I don't really think any would have been bad.

My daughter was impressed with my knowledge. Make sure you know where all the elevators are. I kept showing her shortcuts! For example to the pool or RR we used a different one vs the main ones near the lounge. It is a fun resort to explore! Make time to find all the nooks and crannies and rock cases :)

I found a lot of useful info here. See the white map from the lodgelady. It helps!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...nformation-thread-2015.3372315/#post-52944255

I booked a standard room through Expedia, I called and requested bunk beds and got them. I was prepared to get the worst of the worst based on how we booked (and the extreme deal we got) but I was pleasantly surprised. We could even see fireworks from our room.

Courtyard may be asking for a lot seeing that that's one of the highest booking category, but woods view might happen.

In January we got the side facing MK and I enjoyed watching wishes from our balcony. Please note: you have to stand to see them due to the enclosed balcony.
Could you hear the noise from the service area below? I've been considering the idea of booking a club level room, but the closed balcony and the possibility of a room over this service are a couple of negatives.

Just made the last payment on our July WDW trip! So excited to be all paid up! Can't wait to stay at WL for the first time. It looks like a beautiful resort and so close to our favorite park MK. 46 days to go and it will be so sweet being back in the World.

We booked a standard view at WL. We are traveling with our 5-year-old son. Where/which floor should we request to stay (if given the chance)?

First of all, congratulations! getting to stay at WL should be great. We always book standard rooms, and there are two main locations for them, either on the North side of the North wing or on the South side of the Lobby. Here's a map of locations. This doesn't mean you won't be upgraded by chance to a different location, but if you wind up with standard view those are the choices. Some people find that the noise from the lobby (especially during the dinner rush at WCC) is a reason to avoid the rooms that open to the lobby, but others (like us) feel that having such a beautiful view just outside your room door is worth it. The rooms down the wing are probably quieter from inside noise, but there is a service area on the North side of the resort from which you can hear trucks backing up. In general, either way it is probably preferable to request as high a floor as possible to get a better view and be slightly further from any noise.
With all the talk of location requests though you really can't go to wrong at WL. Take a look at the resort map, figure out where the elevators are, and do some exploring. Roaring Forks (the Quick Service restaurant and mug refill station) is on the first floor near the elevators in the middle of the North wing. The boat dock is near the end of the North wing, and the Bus stops are South of the lobby, but overall the resort isn't huge and is all under one roof, so you can get anywhere without going outside. Happy planning and enjoy your trip.

Just hit single digits. 9 days to go!! 5 days, 4 nights, courtyard view. I'm READY!!!
Congratulations! It is so close!

Just made the last payment on our July WDW trip! So excited to be all paid up! Can't wait to stay at WL for the first time. It looks like a beautiful resort and so close to our favorite park MK. 46 days to go and it will be so sweet being back in the World.

Congratulations on being paid in full! I'll bring in PIF dancer guy to celebrate::dancer:

You should love the proximity to MK and being on beautiful Bay Lake. We love the boat rides to MK or the CR and FW, and you'll be there in just over a month. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter