Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding VWL views, I own at BCV but love VWL and WL very much. I recently stayed at VWL and even though I made my usual request of high floor/Woods View, I arrived very early (11:00 a.m.) with a migraine and asked if ANY room was available. I didn't care. Just wanted to lie down for a few minutes. I was assigned a room that many others consider undesirable. Last room at the end of the hall by the dumpster area to the far left of view (though from the first floor, all you really see is the wall around it). It was wonderfully peaceful and quiet (no neighbors to the left) and I appreciated that room more than words can say.

To summarize: VWL is such a wonderful, relaxing, peaceful, calming, clear-your-head resort, ANY room is terrific.
(I hope if WL adds any new additions/changes, it will stay that way).

P.S. It would be nice, however, to raise up the heat a little in the hallways. I swear I get icicles on my eyelashes walking to the studio.

I know. The only thing constant is..... change...

sad.

wdwkook - I would say that is a good assessment. I understand the Poly water bungalows go for a lot of money, so it appears that DVC is an investment Disney is adding. Only time will tell how the changes will affect the quiet little wonder that I love; Wilderness Lodge

I hear you. I so love the WL and it's surroundings. I also loved the Contemporary before the BLT monster was built. It seems like every time I visit WDW someplace there that I loved - a beautiful place , view, setting, etc. - has been changed to make room for more people. Enough with the DVC construction already or the beauty of WDW is going to give way to a concrete jungle.

There was not an option for any type of water view when I did the online check in for the Villas. It was what floor and if you wanted a woods view.

Just checked the options for a room request for the Villas. Choices are: Ground, Lower, Upper, Woods View, Near Elevator. I think we are going to pick Upper Woods View.

We just came back from a stay at the WL villas and really impressed with the renovations. The rooms are beautiful, a huge upgrade from what it was before.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. My daughter and I will be staying at the WL for the first time May 11-14th. We are both looking forward to a nice dinner at Artist Point and a couple of days at the parks.

Is anyone familiar with the Wilderness Lodge itinerary of Christmas Eve activities from previous years or know where I can view last years itinerary?

How loud is the noise from the Whispering Canyon if you are on the 7th floor CL?

Still trying to get more info on the Honeymoon suite - including people who have stayed there. I've heard a lot of bad things about both the view from the balcony and the noise from the WCC.

How loud is the noise from the Whispering Canyon if you are on the 7th floor CL?

Still trying to get more info on the Honeymoon suite - including people who have stayed there. I've heard a lot of bad things about both the view from the balcony and the noise from the WCC.

We have not stayed CL, but twice had rooms on the 6th floor directly below the South side Honeymon suites and we loved the location. The noise is not bad, and the only time we could hear anything inside the room with the door closed was during the peak of the dinner rush.
The balcony view from the South side is toward the bus stops, which isn't spectacular but is ok. The North side view is towards MK but there are quite a few trees in the way so it is pretty much a woods view.

Whispering Canyon, is it under refurbishment right now as suggested? We have reservations there in June for a breakfast and a dinner during the timeframe, along with staying at the lodge, and I'm hoping not to get an email of cancellation on those dining plans! Anyone there right now see any refurbishment in the cafe at the moment and is it affecting dining?

Thanks for the beautiful photos, WDWKOOK. I'm hopping on my flight tomorrow at noon, can't wait! I still have to pull out my sundresses and pack, haha. Looking forward to some fun in the sun. :smickey: We JUST started getting our beautiful weather here in MA about a week and a half ago. With all the last minute cancellations, I was able to score an ADR for lunch on Wednesday at BOG which should work well with our FP's. :thumbsup2

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, as well as moms to be, no matter your blood ties or gender. We've all been mothered by someone, and many of us have been a mothering influence to another. :flower1::flower::rose::daisy::flower3::butterfly:hug:

We stayed there in December for our 15th anniversary and LOVED 99% of our experience! The ONLY thing I would have changed would be to book a regular club room as the suite simply is not worth it. If you do go the suite route, I will warn you on one thing, there are two suites that are right next to the club lounge and they get loud. We were in one of those rooms the first night and asked to be moved after being woken up to the sound of kids at the coloring table just outside the door. The rooms across the lobby were MUCH more quite. The rooms are quite nice and the jacuzzi tub is a nice touch. As for the view... I am sure that at one time there was a view however as the trees have grown they have taken away what views may have been there. The resort is AMAZING the staff is EXCELLENT, the Kingdom and Parks are WONDERFUL, an I CANNOT wait to go back. Our next trip will be a 10 day trip at the lodge in a deluxe club room.

Happy Mother's Day!! I have so many pages to read in order to catch up, but I am looking forward to it! This time last year, I had a countdown to our first villa stay. This year, countdown to DD's wedding! (proposal was at WDW, but wedding is not)
Wish I could be walking down this hallway to our spacious and comfy 2 BR villa!

image.jpg

We arrived at noon today. I got a text at 10:20 saying our room was not ready yet. They said room was being cleaned when we arrived. Got text while eating lunch at Roaring Fork. We are in a studio in the villas with a very slight view of the villas pool. No bus issues going to MK or back from Epcot. Tomorrow we get to take the boat to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey breakfast.

Thanks for the info hill6. I'm up having breakfast and will be heading to Providence soon for my flight. :banana: My daughter's picking me up at MCO. princess: Can't wait to check out the beautiful lobby. And yes, my magic band is DIS green! :disrocks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter