Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay anyone care to join us in a double digit dance?:yay::tiptoe::yay: We hit 99 days last night and are really looking forward to our stay now. We have a few days unplanned at the moment where we just want to "wing it" and decide the day before where we want to go and what to do. All the meals are organised so we won't be going hungry. May even get around to trying a round of mini golf this year who knows !!
44 days! We were singing Wishes this morning!!!:rockband::rockband:

We are here now and so happy with our choice! Less than 7 hours in but we have felt so relaxed vs. the one night stay at AOA last night. No problems there but a totally different vibe...
WL is so amazingly relaxing. My family really misses it. We are thinking of getting one more stay in before our little guy turns 3 and makes us exceed capacity as a family of five.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa last october and absolutely loved it. Our room request was close to the elevator and upper floor. We ended up with a room matching both of the requests, and thought it was an ideal location. Good view of woods and walking path, and extremely quiet. We never heard anyone in the hallway or waiting for the elevator. I seem to remember the closet being good size, walk in style, but not huge. There are big closets in the foyer when you first walk in that can hold a lot. We are staying in a studio this October so will have to adjust to not having a big full kitchen. Enjoy the extra space, it is very nice.

We arrive at VWL on May26. Can we request a room now? Also, what is considered an "awesome view"? View of the woods or the lake?

The reason the WL rooms cost less than most deluxe rooms is because they only sleep four. They are small, but not as small as a moderate resort room. I think they are big enough.

The resort rooms were refurbished in Sept of 2012. They are really nice rooms with fantastic themes, double sinks and balconies. The resort is gorgeous.

In my opinion they are far nicer than the VWL studios. :)

Well, there's only my husband and I so I think I may book one of these. Besides, I really want to stay here before the holidays! Thanks for the help!

We arrive at VWL on May26. Can we request a room now? Also, what is considered an "awesome view"? View of the woods or the lake?

You can request a high or low floor, close to an elevator or early check in time (but still not guaranteed). Your view will be based on which type of room you booked; Standard, Woods or Courtyard. I always request high floor for some reason. You can make your requests on your MDE profile. I also called and requested two queen beds since I didn't see that option online. Hope this helps.

You can request a high or low floor, close to an elevator or early check in time (but still not guaranteed). Your view will be based on which type of room you booked; Standard, Woods or Courtyard. I always request high floor for some reason. You can make your requests on your MDE profile. I also called and requested two queen beds since I didn't see that option online. Hope this helps.

It was booked for us by a DVC Member who is letting us use her points. It's for a one bedroom villa.
So can I still request a certain room/view?

It was booked for us by a DVC Member who is letting us use her points. It's for a one bedroom villa. So can I still request a certain room/view?

You can definitely request a certain room/view now. Unfortunately I can't help as to which view to choose because I've only stayed in a standard view room. I booked a courtyard view for this next trip and I'm really looking forward to it. Enjoy your trip and the Lodge.

Any thoughts on the rumor that some of the WL resort will be converted to DVC? Extensive permits recently pulled seem like this is a real possibility.

Any thoughts on the rumor that some of the WL resort will be converted to DVC? Extensive permits recently pulled seem like this is a real possibility.
Here are my comments from 10 APRIL:

Now for the (potentially) bad news. Some major changes will be coming soon to WL. DVC is a huge and fast income generator for Disney. Some Poly Longhouses were just converted to DVC Studios and I mentioned a while back that it was rumored by WDW1974, on another forum, that WL was next. WDW1974 seems to confirm his own suspicions HERE. The link is within a link that jh91 posted recently on this thread, thank you!

To summarize WDW1974's post linked above, he confirms (but, I don't know his source), that in-water "WL-themed bungalows" will be added along with a DVC CL lounge, another WL CL lounge (?) and an Artist Point rehab. I wonder if the WL CL lounge is more of an expansion than addition? I did talk to a CM who confirmed that the CL manager's office was going to be converted into a bathroom, which the CL floor currently does not have. The CM wouldn't confirm nor deny the DVC conversion.

Another member of the forum linked above, posted that he was told by two WL managers, (I can't confirm this), that two floors of the south wing will be converted into DVC. This would match with the mysterious gutting of two ground floor south wing rooms observed by JnKinVA. A while back, JnKinVA posted a couple of photos on this thread of two ground floor rooms in the south wing being stripped. I suspect this was a model DVC Studio that was being built, but I have no confirmation of this. I went to those two rooms last week, but the sliding glass doors were completely covered - blimey!

I know. The only thing constant is..... change...

sad.

wdwkook - I would say that is a good assessment. I understand the Poly water bungalows go for a lot of money, so it appears that DVC is an investment Disney is adding. Only time will tell how the changes will affect the quiet little wonder that I love; Wilderness Lodge

I'm not sure any of the villas rooms would be considered "awesome". You don't have the different booking level view options that the main resort has. Most villas are woods view rooms, with very little if any options for seeing the bay. So at least for me, the view request is not that important at the villas. You can go through the person you rented points from to ask them to make any specific room requests on your behalf, otherwise you just select from Disney's options when you do online checkin which worked out good for us.

I'm not sure any of the villas rooms would be considered "awesome". You don't have the different booking level view options that the main resort has. Most villas are woods view rooms, with very little if any options for seeing the bay. So at least for me, the view request is not that important at the villas. You can go through the person you rented points from to ask them to make any specific room requests on your behalf, otherwise you just select from Disney's options when you do online checkin which worked out good for us.

There was not an option for any type of water view when I did the online check in for the Villas. It was what floor and if you wanted a woods view.

Leaving for the airport in two and a half hours. Got my nails Disneyfied.

Disney nails are so exciting!! I get mine done on the 27th after work and we leave for the airport on the 28th. I can't believe our trip is almost here. Only 3 more weeks until OFC at the beautiful Lodge!! :banana:

Carla

Here are my comments from 10 APRIL:

Now for the (potentially) bad news. Some major changes will be coming soon to WL. DVC is a huge and fast income generator for Disney. Some Poly Longhouses were just converted to DVC Studios and I mentioned a while back that it was rumored by WDW1974, on another forum, that WL was next. WDW1974 seems to confirm his own suspicions HERE. The link is within a link that jh91 posted recently on this thread, thank you!

To summarize WDW1974's post linked above, he confirms (but, I don't know his source), that in-water "WL-themed bungalows" will be added along with a DVC CL lounge, another WL CL lounge (?) and an Artist Point rehab. I wonder if the WL CL lounge is more of an expansion than addition? I did talk to a CM who confirmed that the CL manager's office was going to be converted into a bathroom, which the CL floor currently does not have. The CM wouldn't confirm nor deny the DVC conversion.

Another member of the forum linked above, posted that he was told by two WL managers, (I can't confirm this), that two floors of the south wing will be converted into DVC. This would match with the mysterious gutting of two ground floor south wing rooms observed by JnKinVA. A while back, JnKinVA posted a couple of photos on this thread of two ground floor rooms in the south wing being stripped. I suspect this was a model DVC Studio that was being built, but I have no confirmation of this. I went to those two rooms last week, but the sliding glass doors were completely covered - blimey!

Is there an estimated date this will begin? We're coming in November and I already have my reservations about staying here as is (never stayed here before, so fear of the unknown...lol) - but if they're going to start ripping things apart again, I'm not going to be happy. =(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter