Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kook, thanks for all of the great information! I have our first stay booked at WL from 9/1-9/6. I have stayed at the Poly twice and CR once, so decided to try something new. It's a mother/son surprise trip for my soon to be 10 yr old DS. Double digits call for a special surprise! I am soooo excited.
I do mom and me trips as well. For my sons alone ones we did Pop(9) Asm/CSR (10)and POR(13) However one Easter I did a quick weekend down with both kids without my dh so my in-laws could see them for the holiday. I let ds (11)choose the resort that trip and he picked WL.

He loved WL! Those rock cases and hidden upper fireplaces are fun to explore.

Enjoy this time alone with ds10! After his 13 trip my ds no longer wished to go :(

dd however has been happy to pick up the slack and we go every year and sometimes twice! She wasn't fond of WL that first time there I think because she was 13. I twisted her arm and booked us CL this past January and she had to admit it was a beautiful resort and we loved the quickness of the bus to/from MK.

Good morning WDWKook! Can you add me to the Lodgers Log from a VWL studio 12/6-8? I'm trying for the 5th as well, but they're not kidding when they say the 1st week of December is the busiest DVC time. I'm there for a week & have each night covered in a DVC studio - 4 different ones! Waitlisting & stalking the Availability Tool constantly!

Enjoying our stay here! Really like our 4th floor room off the lobby...no view on the outside but great view on the inside. Enjoyed the pool a couple of days. Got one of the old signature drinks at the Trout Pass Bar called the Lodge Fizz. The bartenders (very nice) could not remember the ingredients for the Lumberjack lol. Used the Territory Lounge a couple of mornings for coffee, fruit and croissants. We talked to David who asked us what we thought of this morning option. He was open to suggestions and was great to talk to. We also stopped in there our first night for appetizers and drinks.

I don't want to leave tomorrow!!

Kerry

Hey Kook, just because I'm down here now, the laundry room in the resort is not key card locked (anyone can open the door.). The machines are all now credit/debit only and $2.50 per load.

Just booked our trip today! This is the shortest time I have ever had to prepare, so I am trying to book ADRs, FP+, stroller rental, etc. asap! Fun and exciting. We won't tell the kids until the Magic Bands show up this week or next! Our dates are 6/24-6/29. It's me, DH, DS6, and DD2. We loved WL so much last year and I got the unique code for 30% off and free park hopers. This year we have a Woods View (requested near Roaring Forks). So, now I have to go back and catch up on the WL since June of last year! Anybody want to fill me in on how the pool area is for the kids? Excited to be going back! (Guess with the new boards I need to update myself!)

I'm so excited to get to stay at WL 6/26-6/29! While the rest of my family has stayed here, I have not yet had the oppurtunity. I'm joining my mom, dad, and baby sister (adult sister, but always the baby ;)) at the end of their vacation. I'm going down in December with my other sister, her husband and three daughters so this was all I could swing off from work. They will be driving down and spending the first half at POR. I asked if they wanted to combine the costs of two rooms at POR and head over to WL, so I could stay at this awesome resort. To sweeten the pot I chipped in a little more so we could do CL in a Deluxe room. They thought it would be great! Can't wait to be checking out the majesty that is WL and nom noming on some CL offerings :)
So excited!!!

Staying for the first time at WL in early July. Can't wait it looks so beautiful and so close to our favorite park MK. I am wondering we have two early morning ADR's 8:15am at Kona and Chef Mickey's. Was wondering what time we should leave WL to make these ADR's? Does anyone know what time the boat/buses run? I am thinking catch a boat or bus to MK then take the monorail. Would leaving at 7:30am be enough time? Thanks.

Please add us 7/2 - 7/6/15 for my birthday.
We are in a woods view bunk bed room. We requested near lobby. Any special floor recommendations for OCI? Have a 5 and 2 year old. Thank you!!

We will be at VWL from 11/19-11/25. Super excited to see the resort all decorated for Christmas!!!

Enjoying our stay here! Really like our 4th floor room off the lobby...no view on the outside but great view on the inside.
We had a room off the lobby in January and we really liked that location. :)

Anybody want to fill me in on how the pool area is for the kids? Excited to be going back! (Guess with the new boards I need to update myself!)
The new splash pad is awesome. There is a height restriction of 48 inches, but our 7 yr old grandson was able to play there. :) The pool slide is fun, too.

Staying for the first time at WL in early July. Can't wait it looks so beautiful and so close to our favorite park MK. I am wondering we have two early morning ADR's 8:15am at Kona and Chef Mickey's. Was wondering what time we should leave WL to make these ADR's? Does anyone know what time the boat/buses run? I am thinking catch a boat or bus to MK then take the monorail. Would leaving at 7:30am be enough time? Thanks.
You can take the boat from WL to Contemporary for Chef Mickey. The boat ride is about 5 minutes long but you need to add at least twenty minutes wait time for the boat. I think the resort boat starts running at 6:30am.

You could also take the boat to CR and then the monorail from there for Kona, or the bus to MK then the monorail or boat to the Poly. Or the boat to MK then the boat or monorail to the Poly. With an 8:15 reservation you have quite a few options. :) I would give yourself 40 minutes to get to the Poly using any of these options, although I think a boat from MK to the Poly would take the longest, since the boat docks at GF first before going to the Poly.

We are in a woods view bunk bed room. We requested near lobby. Any special floor recommendations for OCI? Have a 5 and 2 year old. Thank you!!
The only floor to avoid would be the 6th floor. It has dormer balconies which are enclosed and the kids can't see out without standing on a chair or the table, as I found my 3 year old granddaughter doing. :eek: The dormer rooms also have a sloped ceiling near the outside wall, which makes the room feel a little smaller. Other than those rooms, anywhere else should be fine. :)

WDWKOOK or anyone who can answer, we are coming up on just under two weeks for arrival and are trying to finalize some last second things. We are arriving on June 5, and will be checking out on June 11. Do you know if they have posted an entertainment schedule for WL for June yet? Also we placed our Garden Grocer order, but instead of being able to schedule a two hour block it only allowed a 4 hour block, which we selected as the 12 to 4 block. We don't get to the airport until noon and my guess is we won't get to WL until 2 or 2:30. Will WL store the cold items, or should I change the GG order to a later block, even though we will be in the Park? Lastly do you know what kind of coffee maker the rooms have? Is it a Keurig type pod, or just a regular old fashion coffee filter? Thanks for your help in answering these questions.

Any news on schedules for the lodge outdoor movies for June?

The month's Recreation Calendar doesn't get posted online until around the first week of each month. Check the hyperlink in POST 1 again the first week of June.

Greetings all! So after numerous trips, all previously at PoP Century, I now have 11 nights at the WL August 25-Sept 5! I am beyond excited as I've always wanted to stay here. So, I have a Courtyard View reserved but need to know what exactly I should request to attempt to get the best room possible. I know that I don't want a room facing the Villas. OTher than that, my research takes me in all different directions. Do I want a 5th floor inner courtyard room? I need help knowing exactly what I should request.

YIPPEE!! Love the 5th Floor Inner CY room request and I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log.

I have a silly question- Anyone know if WL has a helium tank to inflate balloons? I always decorate for :bday: DDs birthday and last year was pleasantly surprised that YC inflated balloons ( i supplied some and they added more) for me. Wandering if I should just order from Disney Floral & gifts or party: not.
Thanks

If there was one it would be at the Mercantile, but I don't recall ever seeing one there.

Stumbled across this neat little 360 degree photo of the WL on google maps the other day.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.409...3m5!1e1!3m3!1sG9W76ulTDtEAAAQfDQEuZw!2e0!3e11

Great link - thank you! Love all the other 360s at the bottom of the page, too.

Hi all! I stayed at the Lodge for the first time last year and I loved it so much, I booked it again (CL for the first time!) for my Halloween trip, Oct.27th-Nov.3rd!

It's not too early to be REALLY excited, is it? :flower1:

Congratulations! You're going to love the OFC. I'll log your dates and happy planning!

Kook, thanks for all of the great information! I have our first stay booked at WL from 9/1-9/6. I have stayed at the Poly twice and CR once, so decided to try something new. It's a mother/son surprise trip for my soon to be 10 yr old DS. Double digits call for a special surprise! I am soooo excited.

You're welcome and I think DS will love WL - what a neat surprise. Where does he think you're staying? Or is the whole trip a surprise? I'll add your dates to the Log.

Good morning WDWKook! Can you add me to the Lodgers Log from a VWL studio 12/6-8? I'm trying for the 5th as well, but they're not kidding when they say the 1st week of December is the busiest DVC time. I'm there for a week & have each night covered in a DVC studio - 4 different ones! Waitlisting & stalking the Availability Tool constantly!

:wave:

Never stop stalking:tiptoe: - stalking can pay off. People cancel and change reservations all the time, so don't give up. I'll log your dates and let me know when you get the 5th;)

Three weeks from today we'll be checking in for 8 days! I can't wait to get back, 10 + yrs since our last visit to the lodge!

You're going to have such a big smile when you walk into the lobby!

Enjoying our stay here! Really like our 4th floor room off the lobby...no view on the outside but great view on the inside. Enjoyed the pool a couple of days. Got one of the old signature drinks at the Trout Pass Bar called the Lodge Fizz. The bartenders (very nice) could not remember the ingredients for the Lumberjack lol. Used the Territory Lounge a couple of mornings for coffee, fruit and croissants. We talked to David who asked us what we thought of this morning option. He was open to suggestions and was great to talk to. We also stopped in there our first night for appetizers and drinks.

I don't want to leave tomorrow!!

Kerry

Thank you for your update and I hope you had a safe trip home.

Hey Kook, just because I'm down here now, the laundry room in the resort is not key card locked (anyone can open the door.). The machines are all now credit/debit only and $2.50 per load.

Thank you and I hope you're having a great stay. They were converting to the credit card machines when I was there in April and I couldn't take photos because they were closed. But, I did post the CR laundry photos here since they had already been converted. The only locked laundry rooms are the DVC ones, although sometimes even they aren't locked:upsidedow

Kook can you add 20 year anniversary to us on the list. Aug 7

Thanks!

I sure can - congrats!

Just booked our trip today! This is the shortest time I have ever had to prepare, so I am trying to book ADRs, FP+, stroller rental, etc. asap! Fun and exciting. We won't tell the kids until the Magic Bands show up this week or next! Our dates are 6/24-6/29. It's me, DH, DS6, and DD2. We loved WL so much last year and I got the unique code for 30% off and free park hopers. This year we have a Woods View (requested near Roaring Forks). So, now I have to go back and catch up on the WL since June of last year! Anybody want to fill me in on how the pool area is for the kids? Excited to be going back! (Guess with the new boards I need to update myself!)

Welcome back! Have you got everything squared away? Did you book bunks? I'll log your dates:)

I'm so excited to get to stay at WL 6/26-6/29! While the rest of my family has stayed here, I have not yet had the oppurtunity. I'm joining my mom, dad, and baby sister (adult sister, but always the baby ;)) at the end of their vacation. I'm going down in December with my other sister, her husband and three daughters so this was all I could swing off from work. They will be driving down and spending the first half at POR. I asked if they wanted to combine the costs of two rooms at POR and head over to WL, so I could stay at this awesome resort. To sweeten the pot I chipped in a little more so we could do CL in a Deluxe room. They thought it would be great! Can't wait to be checking out the majesty that is WL and nom noming on some CL offerings :)
So excited!!!

So nice of you to upgrade to the Deluxe room. You probably already know that those rooms are only on floors 1-6, none are on the CL floor. So much tasty goodness to nom-nom on:). I'll add your dates to the Log.

Please add us 7/2 - 7/6/15 for my birthday.

Congratulations on booking and I'll add your dates. Some like to request a higher North Wing room so that you can see some of Wishes. You'll have to call in that request as OCI room request choices are very limited.

We will be at VWL from 11/19-11/25. Super excited to see the resort all decorated for Christmas!!!

Have you checked out the CHRISTMASTIME chapter of the thread? I'll log your dates and happy planning:)

WDWKOOK or anyone who can answer, we are coming up on just under two weeks for arrival and are trying to finalize some last second things. We are arriving on June 5, and will be checking out on June 11. Do you know if they have posted an entertainment schedule for WL for June yet? Also we placed our Garden Grocer order, but instead of being able to schedule a two hour block it only allowed a 4 hour block, which we selected as the 12 to 4 block. We don't get to the airport until noon and my guess is we won't get to WL until 2 or 2:30. Will WL store the cold items, or should I change the GG order to a later block, even though we will be in the Park? Lastly do you know what kind of coffee maker the rooms have? Is it a Keurig type pod, or just a regular old fashion coffee filter? Thanks for your help in answering these questions.

:wave:

The new recreation calendar is available online the first week of each month. The hyperlink is in POST 1.

Though I've never personally ordered, I've read that Bell Services will store your perishables in the fridge so I wouldn't change your time.

WL rooms have a Cuisinart Pod coffee maker, (DVC villas use a filter).
From the ROOM chapter:
IMG_0098_2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Did both last fall and just caught the boat from the WL to the CR for both. Of course, Chef Mickey's is right there at the CR but to get to the Poly to go to Kona you just have to go upstairs a few flights and catch the monorail. It will stop at the TTC first then at the Poly. When you hop off you will be on the level where Kona is located.

Both are very easy from the WL. It's one reason we love staying there: easy acces to the MK resort restaurants!

At 50 days out now and not excited to be having rotator cuff surgery this week. Wasn't part of our original plan lol. BUT, on the bright side, I am very much looking forward to long afternoon breaks and utilizing CL to really make the most of our first WL stay. :sunny:

24 days!!!!!!:jumping1: We just upgraded to CL for our June Trip!!!!!! SO EXCITED! We've never done CL at WL before. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!:cheer2::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter