Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

The West Depot is the first pick up, so buildings 34, 35, 24, and 25 look like good requests.

West indeed the first pickup, but that means your ride will take about ten minutes longer than if you use the South Depot (more if there are any wheelchairs/ECVs to load) which isn't especially useful if you are trying to make rope-drop. For rope-droppers, use the South Depot if you can.

Andre

It's also possible more buses will show up to South Depot than the other stops. We were at POFQ for a week last month, and on our last day we boarded an MK bus around 7:05am (7:30 EE). The bus wasn't that full so it went over to South Depot to pick up more people but didn't do the outer loop. This only happened once our entire stay, though.

West indeed the first pickup, but that means your ride will take about ten minutes longer than if you use the South Depot (more if there are any wheelchairs/ECVs to load) which isn't especially useful if you are trying to make rope-drop. For rope-droppers, use the South Depot if you can.

Andre

yeah but... Other than the rare example romanr27 mentioned... if you're at the south depot you're just waiting for that same bus that started at the west depot to make the loop, no? So you're either on the bus for an extra 10 minutes or sitting at the bus stop for an extra 10 minutes.

Anyone know what if any New Years Eve celebrations they will have? We arrive NYE afternoon so not planning to brave the park!

Anyone know what if any New Years Eve celebrations they will have? We arrive NYE afternoon so not planning to brave the park!
I can't speak on this year specifically, but I have stayed at POR several times over NYE. They often had a DJ in the courtyard who really sets a fun vybe. People can dance, and they usually have crafts/games for kids. There's usually a Disney character there for pictures. Bob Jackson does an extra fun show that night. We've always had a fun time.

Just got back from an 8 night stay at Riverside, stayed in AB Building 25. Had a great time, absolutley love this resort. Any questions let me know. I was worried, one of the first nights, someone other than YeeHaw Bob was performing, but he was back at the end!

Wireless Chargers Embedded Into Nightstands Being Tested at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Guest staying in rooms 9001-9040 of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside may notice that their room is now equipped with a wireless charger that's embedded within one of their nightstands. This new feature is currently being tested at a limited number of resorts, so Guests experiencing challenges with the device are encouraged to report them to the Front Desk for troubleshooting purposes.

If the test is successful, this new feature may be rolled out to more resorts in the coming months.

Any update on how these tests are doing? I would love to see these chargers (especially from a solid company like Otterbox) in every Disney hotel room!

Does anyone know if there are preferred rooms with the pull down bed? If so, how do you get one of those rooms? I only see "standard" and "woods" listed as bookable room types with the pull down bed on the WDW site. Thanks for any help and insight!

I was in a preferred room last May and it had the pull down bed. It was just me, so definitely didn't need it, but I think maybe the handicapped rooms are the only ones that don't have the pull down. At least that is what I gathered from the Touring Plans website.

Does anyone know if there are preferred rooms with the pull down bed? If so, how do you get one of those rooms? I only see "standard" and "woods" listed as bookable room types with the pull down bed on the WDW site. Thanks for any help and insight!
The Preferred rooms buildings are in the Bayou section ( per www.portorleans.org ). Bayou rooms, except for accessibility room, have a pull down bed .

Does anyone know if there are preferred rooms with the pull down bed?

Yes, all of the Preferred Location Rooms (in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27) have fold-down beds. The only exception to this are a few modified Accessible rooms, which would normally only be assigned to guests with a specific need for them.

Andre

I was in a preferred room last May and it had the pull down bed. It was just me, so definitely didn't need it, but I think maybe the handicapped rooms are the only ones that don't have the pull down. At least that is what I gathered from the Touring Plans website.

The Preferred rooms buildings are in the Bayou section ( per www.portorleans.org ). Bayou rooms, except for accessibility room, have a pull down bed .

Yes, all of the Preferred Location Rooms (in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27) have fold-down beds. The only exception to this are a few modified Accessible rooms, which would normally only be assigned to guests with a specific need for them.

Andre
Thank you all for the information! So helpful.

To go off the above question - are ALL 5th Sleeper Rooms 'Preferred Rooms' then? I also wasn't able to choose a Preferred 5th Sleeper. There was no option to choose this.

To go off the above question - are ALL 5th Sleeper Rooms 'Preferred Rooms' then? I also wasn't able to choose a Preferred 5th Sleeper. There was no option to choose this.
All Preferred Rooms here are 5th Sleepers, but not all 5th Sleepers are Preferred. In other words, if you get a preferred room, it's a 5th sleeper, except the modified accessible rooms.

We have a royal room booked for April

I think I have building 90 requested to be closest to the foot bridge leading to the main lobby

Wondering what the experts think in here: is building 90 or 95 nicer. Nicer as in more scenic views. I’d love a fountain view and a view if beautiful trees/courtyard…

Are the dogs usually placed in building 95? I thought I read this here somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter