Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. I will consider submitting a fax request when I'm closer to 5 days before I get there. I was just asking about the option in general for how it could be interpreted, especially considering only the mansion buildings have the elevators.

I hear ya. Your idea is clever. It's just in my experience ( and I am by no means an expert:rolleyes1 ) I have heard that sending a fax to the Room Assignment Team is helpful in trying to get a little pixy dust.

Dan

Just returned home from our 6 night stay at POR, and it was amazing! Thanks so much to andre & venomhatch for the tips. Faxed in a request to stay in either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace (top floor, corner room), and all of our requests were met. We kept commenting on how quiet this resort is, it's just so lovely and relaxing. My bf especially loved the boat ride to DTD (we utilized this 2 or 3 times throughout our stay), and we really enjoyed the create your own pasta. That was a great pre-race meal last Saturday night! Even though the line was long, it was well worth the wait.

We had an early flight, so we checked in at 10:30am, and then headed to the Half Marathon Expo at WWoS, and got the room text while we were on the bus back to the resort. Perfect timing! And Brian at the front desk was so kind and sweet - kudos to him for the warm welcome!

I just returned Tuesday from a 6 night stay at POR. I absolutely loved it! We had a great room location. Pool view room (quiet pool), close to laundry, close to the bus stop in one direction, and close to the feature pool and lobby/food court. I made no room requests. My 8 year old wanted Alligator Bayou and I wanted a Mansion, so I left it to chance. :) We got our text that our room was ready right after we boarded the Magical Express and went straight to our room. We had a great time and I will stay there again someday, after I've stayed at all the other resorts!

So since last week when I thought we would be a CBR(now sold out) Riverside is the only available for our group. Never thought of staying here so really reading everything on this great thread. But a ? or 2
So Preferred just gets closer location? No other change in style of room?
And with 5 we would need to be in Alligator Bayou? I prefer the look of Mansions but I don't think they have the trundle in there?

booked June 29-July 7 woohoo didn't want to risk missing another hotel. I can always change should a discount come out.......

returning to WDW first time since 2010. Staying here april 21-26 with a group of 5 really looking forward to seeing the resort as the pictures look very nice!

returning to WDW first time since 2010. Staying here april 21-26 with a group of 5 really looking forward to seeing the resort as the pictures look very nice!
Same here! We'll be there April 21-28, returning for the first time since 2011. This will be our 4th stay at POR - can't wait to get back!

So since last week when I thought we would be a CBR(now sold out) Riverside is the only available for our group. Never thought of staying here so really reading everything on this great thread. But a ? or 2
So Preferred just gets closer location? No other change in style of room?
And with 5 we would need to be in Alligator Bayou? I prefer the look of Mansions but I don't think they have the trundle in there?

The Preferred locations are Alligator Bayou lodges Buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 . These are located the closest to the main building and the South Depot bus stop. All of the Alligator Bayou rooms (except for the wheelchair accessible ones) have an additional fold-down Murphy bed. The Murphy beds are not available in the Mansions.

i will be staying here for the first time next week. i arrive on saturday. i stayed at FQ and loved it, hope i love riverside just as much

Will be here in 11 days - celebrating our younger son's 9th birthday at The World, along with the grandparents - have stayed at FQ a few times in the past and very, very excited to stay at Riverside!!

I got the hat by calling the merchandise phone number but now I want the pin!

We are going back in May for our first adults only trip and staying at the Wilderness. I'm excited, but POR is my home and I feel like I'm cheating on it :)

Just booked two nights before our Fantasy Cruise in May. Stayed at POR in 2013 with our daughter ~ we were upgraded to a Royal Room and it was a great experience. This trip it's just DH and me so I think I'll leave it to the Disney Gods as far as where we are assigned this time. We don't plan on spending time at the parks this trip but rather will do some resort hopping (want to walk around Art of Animation and Wilderness Lodge this time ~ and will probably make our usual trek to Animal Kingdom to see the animals). Between that and Downtown Disney we should have a good mixture of fun and relaxation before our cruise.

Does anyone know if there is a mini golf course near POR or Downtown Disney that is fun?

I really like the new Larry Dotson art. The pricing seems reasonable too. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter