• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Is it easier to take the boat to DTD to transfer to hotels (animal kingdom) for dinner or a bus to Epcot.

Why not take a bus to Studios or AK (if it is open when you want to go) and then transfer to AK Lodge? Might be a bit less doubling back that way (although the AK bus might stop off at Blizzard Beach on the way). Whichever, I think you'd probably be better going via a park rather than DTD.

Andre

Last edited:
Bounce Back offers ....

Just thought I'd ask here as I'm not sure if the offers change based on where you are staying, but in terms of the bounce back offers we've never really looked into them and I'm going to this year, as we want to return next year and not wait the 2 years like we have these past few years.

Any how weather they change per resort or not does anyone know the current bounce back offers that are provided to the guests of Port Orleans Riverside?
The same bounceback offer is available for all resort guests regardless of which resort they currently are staying in. So a guest at the Grand Floridian receives the same BB that someone at Pop Century gets. There are usually two types of BB offers, a room only discount that is available for most of the year, and a free dining BB that is usually only available for a limited time in late summer and fall.
A room only BB usually gives the same discount for each category - for instance, all deluxe resorts could get a 35% room only discount and all moderate resorts would get a 30% discount. There is usually a room only discount for value resorts but you have to call to ask about it.

Here is the current BB which first came out in October of 2014:

Save 35% off the non-discounted price at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts. Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts offer Disney charm, service and magic plus the cozy comfort of a picture-perfect home with a kitchen or kitchenette and daily housekeeping. Expecting more Guests? Some accommodate up to 8.
Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.

Save 35% off the non-discounted price at Select Disney Deluxe Resorts. Disney Deluxe Resorts are the crown jewels of our hotels, offering spectacular settings with the closest proximity to Disney theme Parks, meticulous service, award winning cuisine and - at select hotels- monorail service.
Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.

Save 30% off the non-discounted price at select Disney Moderate Resorts. Disney Moderate Resorts are elaborately designed hotels at remarkable rates, surrounding you in exotic locales every bit as immersive as Disney Theme Parks, featuring full-service restaurants and delightful pool areas. Offer valid for stays most nights:1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16- 4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15,7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15 and 12/11-12/23/15.

All resorts will be included in the BB offer but certain room types, like LM rooms and 3 BR villas, are usually excluded. Availability is limited and you may not be able to book the room type you want. But the BB offer is a great way to get discounts at resorts like POFQ, which are often excluded from general public discounts.

Doing my planning for my September trip (only 64 more days)!

Is it easier to take the boat to DTD to transfer to hotels (animal kingdom) for dinner or a bus to Epcot.

I plan to take a taxi back but was trying to figure out how to get there

That is the only think I dislike about Disney transportation. No easy way to get to resorts without stopping at a theme park.

well, you can thank all the people who parked at DTD and took a bus to the parks, to avoid tha parking fee, for that!!!
in your case, ytou want the quickest way to get to AKL (I assume, the resort, not the park). with all the construction going on now at DTD, I think I would avoid that for tranfer reasons. you could take a bus to epcot, and then take the AKL bus from there.

or, if your ADRis early enough, you could take a bus from POR to animal kingdom park, and then take theAKL. bus from there.

Arriving in 10 days for our stay in a garden view RR. Getting very excited!!! :D Any recommendations for special room requests I should make in advance, or are all rooms in this category fairly similar in terms of location to bus stops/food court? TIA

The same bounceback offer is available for all resort guests regardless of which resort they currently are staying in.

Great thanks for the info! Was not sure if it changed at all!

Well's here's to hoping when I go in 40 days there is a BB for Free Dining :)

well, you can thank all the people who parked at DTD and took a bus to the parks, to avoid tha parking fee, for that!!!
in your case, ytou want the quickest way to get to AKL (I assume, the resort, not the park). with all the construction going on now at DTD, I think I would avoid that for tranfer reasons. you could take a bus to epcot, and then take the AKL bus from there.

or, if your ADRis early enough, you could take a bus from POR to animal kingdom park, and then take theAKL. bus from there.

Thanks. The issue is AK will already be closed which is why I'm trying to figure it out. I might just taxi both ways. Cost me a little but saves alit of time.

Thanks. The issue is AK will already be closed which is why I'm trying to figure it out. I might just taxi both ways. Cost me a little but saves alit of time.
If Epcot or DHS is open, it is easier to transfer there rather than DTD. But coming back take the bus from AKL to DTD, and hop on the POR boat to return! It's so pretty at night.

Arriving in 10 days for our stay in a garden view RR. Getting very excited!!! :D Any recommendations for special room requests I should make in advance, or are all rooms in this category fairly similar in terms of location to bus stops/food court? TIA

Have a GREAT trip. When we stayed there, we requested Oak Manor. It was a little closer to the bridge to the busses and food court and it was a really nice view. We requested second floor as well...we ended up with a corner...very nice. Beware that the RRs are a bit dark. They are very cool, but most of the decor is heavy drapery and dark tones. Have a wonderful time!

I requested Oak Manor, river side courtyard, 2nd floor close to foot bridge, got all requests! POR room assignors are the best!

Andre- have you heard anything from Venomhatch? Odd he hasn't been around. Hope he's ok.

Hi, we will be staying in a pool view Royal Room this October. Any advice on room requests? I would like a corner room for the additional light and whatever location is closer to the main areas? Also we will have a car, have those that stayed at POR found it is faster to drive even with parking etc than the busses?

Hi, we will be staying in a pool view Royal Room this October. Any advice on room requests? I would like a corner room for the additional light and whatever location is closer to the main areas?

I would word your request "corner room" and "close to food court" in the order of preference.

Also we will have a car, have those that stayed at POR found it is faster to drive even with parking etc than the busses?

We have found it's definitely not faster to drive to MK over the bus. The other parks may be slightly faster to drive, but we've never felt the couple of minutes saved to be worth the hassle of driving. That's just our opinion though.

Hi, we will be staying in a pool view Royal Room this October. Any advice on room requests? I would like a corner room for the additional light and whatever location is closer to the main areas? Also we will have a car, have those that stayed at POR found it is faster to drive even with parking etc than the busses?
If you have a pool view RR you'll be in either side of the pool between Oak Manor & Parterre Pl. there is a foot bridge between the 2 as well. I personally prefer Oak Manor. I'd request a location close to foot bridge & river path. Prob the same idea as dansdad just different wording. We had a GV room in Oak Manor in January. Had a room in river side of building, great location. The pool view rooms were right behind us.

I don't drive in WDW so have no comparison but it's true about driving to MK. Bus is way better, it lets you off in front of park. If you drive you have to park at the TTC, take parking lot tram, then transfer to boat or monorail to MK

Andre- have you heard anything from Venomhatch? Odd he hasn't been around. Hope he's ok.

I was wondering the same thing. His thread for the POFQ/POR official dates has not been updated since February 2015.

I was wondering the same thing. His thread for the POFQ/POR official dates has not been updated since February 2015.

@Venomhatch last post on the DIS was Feb 17, and he was last seen online here on March 12. I've not heard a thing from him since, apart from that fact that I know he was at POR in April as someone working there told me that they spoke to him at the time.

Andre

I would word your request "corner room" and "close to food court" in the order of preference.

We have found it's definitely not faster to drive to MK over the bus. The other parks may be slightly faster to drive, but we've never felt the couple of minutes saved to be worth the hassle of driving. That's just our opinion though.

We only drive when we have ADR's at other resorts. Otherwise for the parks we take the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter