Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Today is my 60 day mark for online check in. I requested ground floor and close to transportation. My standard room reservation would put me at building 4, right? Now I'm worried about the noise since the building is so close to food court. Which room should I request that will be somewhat away? 4103? Or any room in row where 4116 is located?

So excited to be staying at POFQ in 10 short days! When we stayed at POR we noticed that the boat driver, when loading at POR, would cut the line off to leave a few empty spots in the boat for POFQ folks to board. Do you guys know if this is the usual method? About how many spots do they reserve for POFQ? Do people often have to wait for the next boat? We have a group of 9 and I am a little worried about all of us being able to ride on the same boat. Thank you

Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the boat dock in DTD to Raglan Road?
THE POR boat was arriving at the dock by Saratoga on the side of the Rainforest cafe so you will have to either take another boat from there to go to another boat dock or walk over to Raglan Road. It took about 5 minutes across the new bridge the other night.

Thanks Ali! I didn't know there was a new bridge. Last time we had to walk around a big circle it seems to get from the Rainforest cafe area to the Disney Quest area. That should help a lot.

Today is my 60 day mark for online check in. I requested ground floor and close to transportation. My standard room reservation would put me at building 4, right? Now I'm worried about the noise since the building is so close to food court. Which room should I request that will be somewhat away? 4103? Or any room in row where 4116 is located?
Standard rooms are all over, not just in bldg 4. What makes you think you will be in building 4? I stayed in a ground floor corner room in 4 once, don't remember the room number. It was the closest room to the food court, no more than 10 steps away. We never had a problem with noise. We did have a lot of people walk by looking in our room though.

All of the building 4 Standard View rooms face towards the parking lot, not the food court. If you ask for an upper floor room then you won't get so much passing foot-traffic near your room, and no noise from rooms above you of course. See http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for maps of where all of the Standard View rooms are located (they are the ones coloured white on the plans).

Andre

Hello,
I've been a lurker for years, but finally decided to start posting!
My husband is taking me on this trip to celebrate my 50th birthday! We are staying at POFQ May 2-5 and YC May 6-9.
This is our first time for a split stay and the first time we will be back in Disney without our 3 daughters, since our honeymoon 27 years ago. I am so excited! :tigger:
Our last trip was for our daughter's hs graduation, 2 years ago. We have stayed off site 3 other times. Haven't stayed on site since Nov 2001 (CR) with our then 5 year old and 2 year old daughters. I just couldn't get into that stay, so soon after 9/11. However our oldest daughter became an official Disney princess that trip (if only in her mind)! princess: Our middle daughter is already planning her hs graduation trip- 3 years ahead of time- and wants to run a Disney marathon as part of that celebration. We're definitely hooked on the magic in this house!

Now for my question: Can you get just hot water out of the pod coffee maker? My husband must have his instant oatmeal in the morning and we are rope-drop people, so spending time in the food court in the morning is a no-no for us!
Thanks!

Standard rooms are all over, not just in bldg 4. What makes you think you will be in building 4? I stayed in a ground floor corner room in 4 once, don't remember the room number. It was the closest room to the food court, no more than 10 steps away. We never had a problem with noise. We did have a lot of people walk by looking in our room though.

I think we stayed in the exact same room last time. It was facing the courtyard/towards the river, rather than the bus depot...and it was SUPER quiet; we never had noise issues.

All of the building 4 Standard View rooms face towards the parking lot, not the food court. If you ask for an upper floor room then you won't get so much passing foot-traffic near your room, and no noise from rooms above you of course. See http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for maps of where all of the Standard View rooms are located (they are the ones coloured white on the plans).

Andre
I checked the room number when we were only steps away from the food court. We had 4127 and 4128. We had only paid for Standard so I guess we were upgraded to Garden View. The CM never mentioned that it was an upgrade. This was in February 2014.

I'm assuming I will be in building 4 because it is the one closest to the bus stop (according to the map). During online check in, I requested "close to transportation".
It would be nice to get upgraded but I highly doubt it since Memorial Day Weekend has high crowds, I believe.

I will be arriving at POFQ tomorrow, faxed my request for a room in building 4 (paid for standard view) so I could be close tot he lobby. I called Disney yesterday to check on something and the CM told me I had a riverview room. I don't want riverview, I want close to lobby which is why requested it. I always get building 1, no matter when I stay and what room I pay for. Would like something new sometime.

Just wanted to pop in and say that Sorcerer's Radio has the Port Orleans resorts music on their station right now. I don't know if it's their "normal" loop of songs but it brings back memories of our one night stay there in 2013.

My second trip I was in Building 4 standard. I was on the second floor right next to the middle stairway in the wing the points to the food court. I faced the parking lot and the little courtyard fountain/planter that led to the lot. The only noise I really heard was the street cleaner/lot sweeper one morning (like 7ish). I never really heard the buses (could see them from my door) or the food trucks (could see the shrubs that blocked that area).

I loved this area as I walked out my door, down the stairs, to the lot and cut through the shrubs right to the bus stop. Like 60 seconds, tops easily could do it in 30.

I will be arriving at POFQ tomorrow, faxed my request for a room in building 4 (paid for standard view) so I could be close tot he lobby. I called Disney yesterday to check on something and the CM told me I had a riverview room. I don't want riverview, I want close to lobby which is why requested it.

Just out of curiosity, did you specifically request "close to the lobby", or did you just request the building number without telling them why? If not, maybe they thought they were doing you a favour by upgrading you for free? A river view room in 2 or 5 could still be quite close to the lobby though (about as close as some of the further rooms in building 4 anyway).

Andre

I'm assuming I will be in building 4 because it is the one closest to the bus stop (according to the map). During online check in, I requested "close to transportation".

If they do manage to accommodate your request, I guess that could mean buildings 3 or 4 - or even parts of 2, 5 or 6.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter