• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if you can get hard boiled eggs at breakfast in the food court? If so, what time? 6:00am or do you have to wait until 7am?

Remember that Florida has a large Nutria population. It's a water rodent and does have a rat like appearance and size but technically not a rat.

http://nutria.com/site.php

Not saying there are not rats, I mean it's the swamp, there is more wildlife than can reasonable by 'relocated', and they remove the snakes that would eat the rodents so there will be rodents.

Just saying it might not have been an actual rat.

I booked a bounceback offer (30% off) when I left AKL last month. We are booked at POFQ for our MNSSHP trip in October. We've never stayed at any of the moderate resorts before. I'm both excited and nervous to try it out.

I booked a bounceback offer (30% off) when I left AKL last month. We are booked at POFQ for our MNSSHP trip in October. We've never stayed at any of the moderate resorts before. I'm both excited and nervous to try it out.

How do you get a bounce back offer? Does it always happen when you stay at the resort?

How do you get a bounce back offer? Does it always happen when you stay at the resort?

As the PP noted ext 8844, but mousekeeping is suppose to leave a a small folder with the resort information in, and inside should be the "Be Our Guest Guide". Inside the guide is where you will find the BB offer.

Last edited:
We will be at POFQ in less than 2 weeks. I have a DD4 and DS 9 and my husband's 2nd trip since he was 6. I'm nervous about the resort... as I've read some horrible stories about food. Should I be worried? What do you love about this resort?

We were there recently. The resort is nice, the food at the food court is awful. Personally I would try to plan to not eat there as much as possible. Riverside is I think a fairly short walk. They have a table service restaurant and a larger food court ( we didn't eat there this trip, so I don't know if it's much better).

We will be at POFQ in less than 2 weeks. I have a DD4 and DS 9 and my husband's 2nd trip since he was 6. I'm nervous about the resort... as I've read some horrible stories about food. Should I be worried? What do you love about this resort?
We only eat breakfast at the resort and have no complaints. For lunch and dinner we eat at the parks or DTD other than some TS meals at other resorts near the parks. ( Yacht and Beach, BW or GF). We love the boat to DTD plus the fact you can walk up to POR to use their pool and eat at the resort.

I just returned home yesterday the only breakfast items that I liked were the Mickey waffle and the yogurt bar. Yogurt bar and a bottled drink is a quick serves meal on the dining plan.

We had a great visit.

We were there recently. The resort is nice, the food at the food court is awful. Personally I would try to plan to not eat there as much as possible. Riverside is I think a fairly short walk. They have a table service restaurant and a larger food court ( we didn't eat there this trip, so I don't know if it's much better).

I thought the food was fine. I just returned from a 10 day stay, and ate in the food court nearly every day. My only complaint was that the food wasn't as hot as I'd like, but a quick zap in the microwave took care of that. Was it as good as a TS restaurant? No, but it's not supposed to be.

My only issue was with transportation - not really an "issue" but it was confusing. The buses never seemed to do the stops in the same order. Sometimes we would stop at FQ first on the way back from the parks, sometimes last. Nearly every time there was a swap in how the RS stops were visited - sometimes South Depot first, sometimes last, etc.. Fortunately, we were never in a rush to get anywhere (the one day we were, we drove our car anyway), but it would have been nice to have a little more consistency in how the route was handled. We hadn't stayed at FQ for many years, but when we did stay there, the stops were always in the same order (FQ, South, West, North East) when the two resorts shared buses.

If the bus is making its first stops at POR and I want to get off and walk back to POFQ should I get off at the East stop? It looks like it's closest to the Main Building and the shortest walk to POFQ. When you're on the bus what do they call the stop by the Main Building?

If the bus is making its first stops at POR and I want to get off and walk back to POFQ should I get off at the East stop?

I'd suggest getting off at the South Depot, which is the stop for the main building at POR, and would be the shortest walk to French Quarter.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter