Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the uick response, I'm glad to hear this. According to Touringplans.com, there are no ground floor pool view rooms but I think their info may be out of date?

You're welcome. Yes, I too have found the info in the Touring Plans room finder tool to be extremely inaccurate. So much so I have stopped using it.

I am so excited I had to post on here. lol I just booked a quick 3 night stay arriving 45 days from today! First stay at French Quarter and I am beyond excited! DH is going to the Orange County Convention Center for work and I asked to tag along!

Then we will be staying at Riverside in October for our family trip :)

Saw a rumor on FB that they said they saw on a "foodies" site. They said there are new resort mugs with no handles. Any sightings of these mugs? My only thought is that if they are truly switching to freestyle machines that mugs with no handles will fit in the machines better. So is anyone there now who has seen mugs without handles?? Photos would be nice!

Saw a rumor on FB that they said they saw on a "foodies" site. They said there are new resort mugs with no handles. Any sightings of these mugs? My only thought is that if they are truly switching to freestyle machines that mugs with no handles will fit in the machines better. So is anyone there now who has seen mugs without handles?? Photos would be nice!

Go over to the rumors page and check the recent postings in the news thread - someone posted a pic of the new cups. They look identical size-wise and the lid is the same....just no handle on them at all.

@dansdad --Thanks for posting the link to the room maps - I didn't realize the maps on the site were interactive...it's also telling why there always seems to be more availability for garden view rooms!

Go over to the rumors page and check the recent postings in the news thread - someone posted a pic of the new cups. They look identical size-wise and the lid is the same....just no handle on them at all.

They're also talking about it on the refillable mugs sticky on the Restaurant forum.

I've booked a standard room for November, does anyone know if it's possible to request an upgrade to a king? And if so what are the odds of that? Thanks!

I've booked a standard room for November, does anyone know if it's possible to request an upgrade to a king? And if so what are the odds of that? Thanks!

Since the resort runs at pretty close to capacity all the time, it might not be possible to request a change to another category and pay the difference in $$. If you want to switch to a king, and there's availability, I would do it now.

We just returned from a 5 night stay at POFQ. Here are my observations.
- the food court is crazy crowded. The Coke machines need to be better manned. I waited behind a little boy who repeatedly filled, tasted, dumped. The line as completely backed up. I gentle asked him to notice the line of people and about that time his mother walked up and apologized to the crowd. This happened over and over. There is no chip reader on the machine.
- The resort was very empty during our stay. Rows and rows of empty rooms. The cast member at the front desk said that people changed resorts when learning about the food court situation.
- Buses. This was the worst bus service we've ever had. We shared buses with Riverside during the busiest times of the day. Leaving Magic Kingdom after Wishes they had 1 bus between the 2 resorts.
- resort is lovely and peaceful. Room was not in my opinion cleaned to Disney standards I'm used to.

We just returned from a 5 night stay at POFQ. Here are my observations.
- the food court is crazy crowded. The Coke machines need to be better manned. I waited behind a little boy who repeatedly filled, tasted, dumped. The line as completely backed up. I gentle asked him to notice the line of people and about that time his mother walked up and apologized to the crowd. This happened over and over. There is no chip reader on the machine.
- The resort was very empty during our stay. Rows and rows of empty rooms. The cast member at the front desk said that people changed resorts when learning about the food court situation.
- Buses. This was the worst bus service we've ever had. We shared buses with Riverside during the busiest times of the day. Leaving Magic Kingdom after Wishes they had 1 bus between the 2 resorts.
- resort is lovely and peaceful. Room was not in my opinion cleaned to Disney standards I'm used to.

I too felt that the resort was oddly empty. We noticed the parking lot was always empty--every night, we'd return at 11pm and still get like spot 3 or 4 from the sidewalk. It didn't even dawn on me that it could be guests rebooking due to the food court.

wow...if the food court is that crowded with the resort feeling empty, that is an issue...I guess it's really hard to do a refurb without inconvenience of some kind, but this seems pretty extreme. Hope they get it finished quickly! We arrive right after Thanksgiving and are looking forward to staying in our FAVORITE moderate!

Here's a link to the thread in case anyone wants to see the new mugs
Thanks for the link. I hate this option. We usually leave resort with drinks in mug. By the time we get to park they're finished and after a rinse they get clipped to our purses with A caribiener. We travel light and use small purses in the park. We don't need to be weighed down with back packs in August heat. My daughters are adults.
Added benefit is I can fill mug with ice water at parks and also have mug when we return to resort to refill on the way back to room.
I can see not having a handle for families with young children will be difficult to manage too. What is WDW thinking?

Thanks for the uick response, I'm glad to hear this. According to Touringplans.com, there are no ground floor pool view rooms but I think their info may be out of date?

A few ground floor rooms in building 2 were recently re-classified as Pool View now that the children's aquatic play area is open. Previously there was a hedge in the way which restricted the view so they only classed the upper two floors as having a proper view of the pool area. See my building floorplan maps for full details.

upload_2016-7-29_8-4-54.png

So is anyone there now who has seen mugs without handles?? Photos would be nice!

They've got some at the Riverside food court ow, mixed in with the regular type. I prefer handles too, much easier to carry around with you when empty.

Andre

Hello all! I am planning a "top secret" trip to Disney in December (8th-11th) to propose to my girlfriend. I am still working out details, but I am hoping to lock down a package reservation in the next week. At this point I am strongly leaning towards a 3 night stay at Port Orleans French Quarter along with 2 day park tickets (Magic Kingdom and EPCOT). I am going with Port Orleans because moderate resort pricing works for right now and I like the smaller look (on a map). Others have commented on the intimate feel, which I think would be perfect for a weekend proposal trip.

I have been to Disney over 10 times, last in January 2016 with a stay at Art of Animation. However, this will only be my 3rd stay in a Disney resort.

At this point, does anyone have any thoughts, tips, or tricks? I am going to book a king room. The choices are garden and courtyard views. Any recommendations on requests when I make the reservation?

Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter