Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We just stayed June 23-July 3 and requested a 'near transportation' room. Other than being near the bus, we're not super picky. We ended up on the 3rd floor of building 3 and really enjoyed the location. The trip before this one we needed an adjoining room since we were traveling with extended family. We had rooms in building 2 that were also close to food & transportation.

I'm happy to see the food area looking so good (thanks for the photos!). A close friend switched her reservation from WL to PORFQ based on my recommendation- before the announcement about the food court closing. I was worried that it would be a problem for them since they are going in October but this looks just fine. We would have been totally good with it during our stay too.

A note about the menu .... it looks like they have removed the items that used to make the line back up - namely the "choose your own" items (breakfast platter, salads, wraps, etc). Between our most recent trips we found the bounty platter had been removed and shifted to a "pick 3, choose your own" breakfast platter. My experience from June/July this year is that having people choose their own items really made that line longer and slower than I've experienced on previous trips. So, hooray for the return of the standard bounty platter. I hope they keep it that way.

I think this might have been asked, but I can't find it at the minute. Does the rapid refill cups work in the new coke machines?

Also, if you have been over to Riverside, are the QS/TS areas much busier?

I stopped by today since my family is set to stay next week and my mug from BWI last week worked on the Freestyle Machine which was not activated for mugs. The line to order food at POFQ was nearly out the door with two registers so I snapped some pictures (same ones as what were already posted) and went to Riverside to get lunch.

Riverside had a sign up near the River Roost saying that they are offering an express breakfast too. Not sure if this is new or not but said "baked goods, pastries, fruit and hot/cold drinks from 8am-10am." The food court didn't seem very busy at all for 1:30pm on a Wednesday. The Pizza area was the busiest it seemed. Speaking of drinks, one of their drink machines were turned off. There were guests there using mugs from a year of a million dreams lol.

Just for the record, I usually request 'near transportation' and do online check in. We book standard rooms. So far, I have gotten buildings 3, 4, 5 & 5 (last two rooms were GV even though I booked std).

We just booked last night for November! :yay::dogdance: What are the preference options that come up when doing online check in? I think the initial post said they're "limited," but I wasn't sure if anyone had posted specifically what they are. Thanks!

A few more temporary food court photos:

PO.org-Guest-NCDisneyMom-20160713_144719_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-NCDisneyMom-20160713_144639_forum.jpg
PO.org-Guest-NCDisneyMom-20160713_144832_forum.jpg

Andre

There were guests there using mugs from a year of a million dreams lol.
I always take back an old mug for me, although mine are not quite that old. I drink ice water, and take my own teabags for tea. That' it, unless I buy a kids meal and get a drink of milk. Hubby on the other hand buys a new mug for his zillions of cups of soft drinks.

We just booked last night for November! :yay::dogdance: What are the preference options that come up when doing online check in? I think the initial post said they're "limited," but I wasn't sure if anyone had posted specifically what they are. Thanks!

Hi, just did online check-in for our upcoming stay. Room Request Options are the following (you may select 2 requests):
- Corner Room
- Second Floor
- Lower Floor
- Near Transportation
- Ground Floor
- Upper Floor
- Near Elevator

You may want to fax a request to the resort a few days prior to your check-in if you'd like to request something more specific than the options above - I have had good luck with that approach for our stays. Building 4 is a good option for being close to the bus stop, but the resort is compact so nothing is really very far.

It really is a small resort and no building is 'bad'. I usually limit my request to 'near transportation' so they prioritize that over floor or corner.

I always take back an old mug for me, although mine are not quite that old. I drink ice water, and take my own teabags for tea. That' it, unless I buy a kids meal and get a drink of milk. Hubby on the other hand buys a new mug for his zillions of cups of soft drinks.

I don't get the mugs myself, as I only ever drink still cold beverages, and the two choices in the refill stations at Port Orleans are not very nice at all. Now if I could have seven flavours of Still Fanta to choose from, I'd definitely buy a mug every visit!

Andre

Just for the record, I usually request 'near transportation' and do online check in. We book standard rooms. So far, I have gotten buildings 3, 4, 5 & 5 (last two rooms were GV even though I booked std).

I've booked GV already, maybe I'll get an upgrade!!

Got a little CM chuckle today. I am booked for a trip at the end of July-early August. I called to add a day to the reservation. The CM mentioned the refurb of the food court and said "it should be completed by the time you arrive, but if not..." and explained they'd have the alternative food area. Thought it was funny that she said it was supposed to be done, when everyone here is saying November. Guess they are trying not to upset the apple cart! On the plus side, I had no problem adding a day which I was a bit worried about as I have a special rate!

Photos look good for the alternative food area. I'm glad because even though we don't eat at the resort much, it is still nice to be able to pick something up when we want. My biggest concern was for POR food court because when we were at POFQ in May, both times we tried to eat at POR the food court was slammed and we just decided to head back to POFQ instead of waiting in the long line.

They wont give me a hard time about requesting LOTS of coffee pods for our room will they? I don't mind Joffrey's coffee pods.. Just debating if I should go searching for other ones to bring with us or not.

I need to go back and read this in depth since we are def set on getting a reservation here for 2017. But quick question before we make our reservations next week. Our original plan was to arrive the Saturday after thanksgiving we are now tossing around the idea of arriving the Friday after thanksgiving instead.

if we book with a Friday arrival and see that we need to change to a Saturday arrival would that be a pain to do? I would rather add the room now and cancel 1 night if needed vs. reserving a Saturday arrival, trying to add a night on and not being able to. hope that makes sense and any advice welcome! thanks!

They wont give me a hard time about requesting LOTS of coffee pods for our room will they? I don't mind Joffrey's coffee pods.. Just debating if I should go searching for other ones to bring with us or not.

They won't mind or give you a hard time at all. As soon as we get into our room, I call housekeeping and ask for a couple extra pods to be delivered then so we're set for the next AM. While I have them on the phone I also ask for extras to be left every day when they service the room. Never had a problem.

They wont give me a hard time about requesting LOTS of coffee pods for our room will they?

No, they'll be fine.

if we book with a Friday arrival and see that we need to change to a Saturday arrival would that be a pain to do? I would rather add the room now and cancel 1 night if needed vs. reserving a Saturday arrival, trying to add a night on and not being able to.

No, you can modify bookings whenever you like. It's definitely easier to book more than you need and then trim it back later. Doing it the other way around runs the risk of there being no extra availability at busy times.

Andre

Thank you for the pictures! That really helps and put our minds at ease. I am so very looking forward to this resort. My mom and sister both love this resort and we've never stayed :)

It really is a small resort and no building is 'bad'. I usually limit my request to 'near transportation' so they prioritize that over floor or corner.

Thank you! (And thanks for quoting the other person's post with the online check in options!) You're right about the size of the resort, it's one of our favorite aspects of it! You don't have to worry about your room being in the middle of nowhere :D

We have found that if you go at peak meal times it can be a little crowded. But no matter what we've always been able to get a table and it's never been horrible. And we've been there during Spring Break and Christmas time.

We had a different experience. Our last stay at POR was 3 summers ago and we found it to be horribly crowded no matter when we went (except maybe later at night.) The food area is more in a V shape than a wide U like other resorts and the cashier areas are more within that area as opposed to on the outskirts, so when the lines get long they intertwine with each other and it's really difficult to get through. You never know where the line you want ends or which line it is. There is pretty ample seating, but we had more than one occasion in which we made a few laps with a full tray before we were able to find something (and there are only 2 of us!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter