Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

this is a silly question for my child. How is the arcade at FQ in comparison to Riverside? And does the pool have fun activities for the children at FQ as well?

We didn't go to the arcade at the Riverside when we stayed there so I can't compare but my kids (6 &11) had fun the FQ arcade. Didn't spent a lot of time there but probably about and hour, twice.

They LOVED the pool games!

The pool games are great for the kids. I confess to enjoying lying on a lounger an a slothful state, sipping a cold drink and trying to answer the Trivia questions on my mind as they play :)

It's great because they can swim in between during any games or activities they are less interested in and then run back around to join in for what they like. :thumbsup2

The pool games are great for the kids. I confess to enjoying lying on a lounger an a slothful state, sipping a cold drink and trying to answer the Trivia questions on my mind as they play :)

It's great because they can swim in between during any games or activities they are less interested in and then run back around to join in for what they like. :thumbsup2

I saw your ticker before, and just wanted to say Congrats on kicking the smokes! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info on the arcade and pool games. it rained a lot but we spent an hour one day at the por arcade. we loved our stay at Riverside but have an opportunity to stay at FQ with a good discount. Just wasn't sure if we would wish we were over at riverside. We did eat at FQ and thought it was nice. The kiddo would probably prefer the slide at riverside though and I know we want to rent a sea raycers and maybe a surry bike so maybe it's silly to stay at FQ! So confused!!!!

I guess my question is: what makes FQ special and appealing for kids ? I have a boy in second grade. Thanks!
And do they have the pitch burst water balloon game at the pool- we love that silly game!

Not as far as I know, I don't think any have stopped completely, but some are trialling giving out bands only to some guests.

Andre

hey Andre
just wanted to let you know i have been viewing your portorleans.org site for years. Nice info page you have created there

I guess my question is: what makes FQ special and appealing for kids ? I have a boy in second grade. Thanks!
And do they have the pitch burst water balloon game at the pool- we love that silly game!

if you go to Andres site Portorleans.org you can see the november schedule showing all the activities

I guess I would say that you can still go over and enjoy the amenities of POR any time you want. But I absolutely loved the small size of POFQ. One bus stop instead of 4. Easy walk from any room to the arcade, pool, food court, gift shop, etc. No hike to refill the mugs. Easy walk from the bus stop after a long day at the parks.

Lots of activities, nightly movies, campfire, boat ride to DTD. And you get gold doubloons or beads in the lobby!

I guess I would say that you can still go over and enjoy the amenities of POR any time you want. But I absolutely loved the small size of POFQ. One bus stop instead of 4. Easy walk from any room to the arcade, pool, food court, gift shop, etc. No hike to refill the mugs. Easy walk from the bus stop after a long day at the parks. Lots of activities, nightly movies, campfire, boat ride to DTD. And you get gold doubloons or beads in the lobby!

I agree with all of the above. I personally prefer the decor at riverside but the smallness of FQ out ways that for us. Our kids are 5 and 2 this next trip. Having everything so close is very important for us. We have stayed at POR a few times and love it. This last trip was with a 1 and 4 year old and I didn't like it as much. Everything felt to far apart for a family who doesn't always want to do the same things at once. Distance was also rough after a long day at the park no one wants to walk for 5-7min for a drink...

I booked a standard view room at FQ. Would a request for building 7 or 4 allow closer proximity to walking over to Riverside for their pool and/or food court while still be close to the FQ bus stop, food court and pool? Is one building better than another?? Looks like the views in 4 might be better for the standard rooms??

How often does FQ share buses with Riverside so I can mentally prepare myself!

This is getting real again!!!!

I booked a standard view room at FQ. Would a request for building 7 or 4 allow closer proximity to walking over to Riverside for their pool and/or food court while still be close to the FQ bus stop, food court and pool? Is one building better than another?? Looks like the views in 4 might be better for the standard rooms??

Either 4 or 7 would be great. Can't go wrong with either.

As for sharing buses, maybe others have more details. But during our trip the last week of August, we had to pick up at POR exactly one time the whole week. After making that loop of 4 additional stops, I realized I really preferred the size of POFQ. We came and went at all different times of day, all 4 parks and DTD, Blizzard Beach. Only shared that one time.

Now, I do know on several of our trips back to POFQ from a park, we were sharing. But POFQ is always dropped off first, so it didn't make a difference to us at all.

Either 4 or 7 would be great. Can't go wrong with either.

As for sharing buses, maybe others have more details. But during our trip the last week of August, we had to pick up at POR exactly one time the whole week. After making that loop of 4 additional stops, I realized I really preferred the size of POFQ. We came and went at all different times of day, all 4 parks and DTD, Blizzard Beach. Only shared that one time.

Now, I do know on several of our trips back to POFQ from a park, we were sharing. But POFQ is always dropped off first, so it didn't make a difference to us at all.

we were in Building 4 which we loved because it was so close to the food court, pool and bus stop. We got off the bus and were our rooms in about 3 minutes.

We shared buses to/from DHS, EPCOT and AK. Was not at EPCOT or AK at park closing so don't know if each had its own bus. POR was my second choice and after having go to all their bus stops on the way to the parks I was glad we were able to stay at FQ.

I have stayed at POR and didn't mind the multiple bus stops. I actually quite liked it as there wasn't a lot of peole standing/sitting around waiting for the bus.

Now, before my stay at POR, I had only stayed at values which have a bus stop (same area) for each park which I really liked.

So, the one bus stop at POFQ kinda scares me. Not looking forward to the possible chaos.

One of the nice things about POFQ is the relative small size. I have never experienced chaos at the bus stop.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°

I have stayed at POR and didn't mind the multiple bus stops. I actually quite liked it as there wasn't a lot of peole standing/sitting around waiting for the bus.

Now, before my stay at POR, I had only stayed at values which have a bus stop (same area) for each park which I really liked.

So, the one bus stop at POFQ kinda scares me. Not looking forward to the possible chaos.

Not sure what chaos you're worried about. We didn't see any at all. There are actually two "stops", two separate canopies. Parks split between the two. But much nicer waiting space than the values!

Sooooo super excited to be heading to POFQ for the first time ever! :banana:
I've stayed everywhere from GF to All Stars, but I love the renovations and themeing at POFQ, so I'm excited to check it out. I stayed at Dixie Landings forever ago ('97!!) so I'm looking forward to checking out the updates at POR.

Sooooo super excited to be heading to POFQ for the first time ever! :banana:
I've stayed everywhere from GF to All Stars, but I love the renovations and themeing at POFQ, so I'm excited to check it out. I stayed at Dixie Landings forever ago ('97!!) so I'm looking forward to checking out the updates at POR.

staying at POFQ was my dream; we had the best trip 10/19-26. Loved the resort so pretty and compact. Sadly we splurged and this was likely our only stay at a MOD. 3-4 years before we can afford to go back. Next trip will be ASMu or ASMo, any recommendation?

have a great trip!

My view from a Standard room in building 4 beyond the vehicles you can see in the parking lot is where the bus stops are. We enjoyed it so much booked again for next year.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Edinlass/media/72be5fd830aea4b12a5403aec4badd58_zpscb3c705b.jpg.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter