Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I could have sworn I saw a picture of the fridges with a gallon of milk in it. Another resort thread says a gallon won't fit. I ordered 2 gallons from Garden Grocer for Saturday, any one know if a gallon will fit?
Thanks

**never mind found the old closed thread with the picture and there is a gallon of milk in the fridge**

I'm here now - and I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed. When we checked into our room, I called housekeeping immediately. The beds were made, but had no purple and gold comforter on them!
When the person came up, they explained that they are no longer using the comforters and just the white sheeting. The room just looks so.... bland.
I hope that they eventually replace them, the room definitely needs the pop of color!

I'm here now - and I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed. When we checked into our room, I called housekeeping immediately. The beds were made, but had no purple and gold comforter on them!
When the person came up, they explained that they are no longer using the comforters and just the white sheeting. The room just looks so.... bland.
I hope that they eventually replace them, the room definitely needs the pop of color!

so just sheets,no comforter or blanket? I know it's warm down there but the AC can make the room chilly.

so just sheets,no comforter or blanket? I know it's warm down there but the AC can make the room chilly.

From what I understand, all of the resorts are changing out their bedding. The bedspreads/comforters are being replaced with a fitted sheet on the bed, a flat sheet, a light blanket and then another sheet on top. I know that they are already doing this at Pop and CBR and possibly others.

From what I understand, all of the resorts are changing out their bedding. The bedspreads/comforters are being replaced with a fitted sheet on the bed, a flat sheet, a light blanket and then another sheet on top. I know that they are already doing this at Pop and CBR and possibly others.

I'd actually be very happy with this as I hate heavy comforters and bedspreads.

But I do understand wanting a bit of color.

I also hate when hotels don't use fitted sheets as I am a leg mover in my sleep and just tucking in a regular sheet on bottom means that I will have clumped up sheets under my legs.

Wow no blanket. That isn't good

Bottom sheet, then sheet/blanket and another sheet on top, kinda like a blanket sandwich. It's actually quite popular at many chains. I've loved it as I sleep warm and often only want a sheet, but when cooler I like the blanket inbetween the sheets as I find the sheet texture to be more comfortable than a blanket.

Would you mind posting a pic?

We always take the comforters off as soon as we get there and have them taken away for the duration of our stay, But I do love the look of them and don't think the room has much character without them.

Hi All!
I've been lurking on the boards for a while but I finally made my reservations for POFQ so I thought I'd post a hello and a thank you for all of the entertaining information I have found here. This will be my children's first trip to Disney and we are going to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday. I've been saving up for years so that I could surprise him. Now that I actually have a date (May 2014!) I am so excited that I can't stand it. I will likely have a ton of questions as the date approches, so I will beg your indulgence in advance.

princess:

You can be sure you will find lots of wonderful info here and otherDIS threads. Half the fun of a trip is in the planning. :)

I could have sworn I saw a picture of the fridges with a gallon of milk in it. Another resort thread says a gallon won't fit. I ordered 2 gallons from Garden Grocer for Saturday, any one know if a gallon will fit?
Thanks

**never mind found the old closed thread with the picture and there is a gallon of milk in the fridge**

We had a gallon of milk- fit easily with room to spare in Oct 2013

I'd actually be very happy with this as I hate heavy comforters and bedspreads.

But I do understand wanting a bit of color.

I also hate when hotels don't use fitted sheets as I am a leg mover in my sleep and just tucking in a regular sheet on bottom means that I will have clumped up sheets under my legs.

I know at the CBR, they took a portion of the bright bedspreads and made a throw type thing at the end of the bed. Okay, so that's not a great description so I'll post a picture:

062_zpse25a8126.jpg

The beds were made, but had no purple and gold comforter on them!

I was told back in August that this was being planned, but that there would still be a coloured band over the foot of the bed instead - have they not done that? Just plain white bed covers? If so, that'll look HORRIBLE when they do it to Alligator Bayou... :(

[Edit: someone beat me to it by a few seconds, the above photo was what I was talking about - and it looks so unfinished doesn't it? Like a motel room]

Andre

I was told back in August that this was being planned, but that there would still be a coloured band over the foot of the bed instead - have they not done that? Just plain white bed covers? If so, that'll look HORRIBLE when they do it to Alligator Bayou... :(

[Edit: someone beat me to it by a few seconds, the above photo was what I was talking about - and it looks so unfinished doesn't it? Like a motel room]

Andre

I agree. It does look a bit unfinished. But, from Disney's standpoint, I am sure it is easier to stick with just the white bedding which can be used at any of their resorts. Still, it takes away from the "theme" of the resorts.

Wwwaaahhh! I am going to be a big crybaby now. i check in tomorrow and I don't want plain white beds. I know that seems silly but I think it will look weird!

Beach Club had the white bedding with the light blue bed scarf (I think that's what they're called - like in the CBR pic) and it looked really nice. POFQ really needs to do that with the purple & gold fabric. I don't mind losing the bedspread, but they need to keep that bit of color/themeing.

i check in tomorrow and I don't want plain white beds. I know that seems silly but I think it will look weird!

I agree it looks rather plain and boring when you're used to the lush deep theming that the room décor was designed to contain.

Plain white bedcovers are for hospitals, dormitories, or cheap motels - or perhaps for modern chic designs - but not for something that is meant to be themed to look like New Orleans from the 1800s.

Looking forward (I think...) to seeing a photo of how it looks at Port Orleans though.

Andre

I agree it looks rather plain and boring when you're used to the lush deep theming that the room décor was designed to contain. Plain white bedcovers are for hospitals, dormitories, or cheap motels - or perhaps for modern chic designs - but not for something that is meant to be themed to look like New Orleans from the 1800s. Looking forward (I think...) to seeing a photo of how it looks at Port Orleans though. Andre

I was just in Alligator Bayou 10/11 - 10/14 and all we had were white bedspreads/sheets. I didn't even know that was "wrong"! I'll see if we took a pic, but it didn't bother me any. Perhaps cause I didn't know any better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter