Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked out stay!!! It will be both my husband and mine first time staying in POFQ, and our first moderate resort!!!!! And to top it all off our first time staying on Disney in 10 years!!!! :dance3:

We had the exact experience as you when we went to his show in late August. I agree that his singing and song selections were pleasant, but absolutely no audience interaction - not even a nod or a smile when we tried to show some enthusiasm for his show. And he seemed to be on break more than he was on stage. Hope that POFQ can come up with some better entertainment in the future.

I wandered by Scat Cats one night when I was there a couple weeks ago and I agree with you both. No personality, no interaction. I thought the song selections were a little strange, too. He reminded me of a lounge singer stereotype on a sitcom. I liked that the previous musician pretty much stuck to the theme of the resort with jazz. It made sense in the POFQ Universe. Neil Diamond songs do not. :rotfl2:

I wandered by Scat Cats one night when I was there a couple weeks ago and I agree with you both. No personality, no interaction. I thought the song selections were a little strange, too. He reminded me of a lounge singer stereotype on a sitcom. I liked that the previous musician pretty much stuck to the theme of the resort with jazz. It made sense in the POFQ Universe. Neil Diamond songs do not. :rotfl2:

Ugh that stinks I guess we will skip him and go to riverside that night. Miss you Elliot

Though that was interesting but I think the US form is easier to read as you normally say month day year when reading a date. Or do you read it as day of month?

But now to the real reason I'm posting. We were at Disney the beginning of the month and went to see the new musician at Scat Cats. We were very disappointed. He did sing and play well but there was no personality. You could have been listening to recorded music. He certainly did not have the Disney spirit. He seemed very cold and a little rude- when someone requested a song but got the name wrong, he rudely corrected them. When we asked for a certain song, he told us to write it on the list - a little strange since there was only us and another table all evening. We stopped by for a second night just to see if he was having a bad night. Same experience! When he took his break,he hurried out - no stopping to say hello or thank us for coming. It's not like the place was packed and he would have missed his break talking to people.

We had the exact experience as you when we went to his show in late August. I agree that his singing and song selections were pleasant, but absolutely no audience interaction - not even a nod or a smile when we tried to show some enthusiasm for his show. And he seemed to be on break more than he was on stage. Hope that POFQ can come up with some better entertainment in the future.

This is so disappointing! I was looking forward to seeing the new guy, and hoped he was engaging like Bob Jackson. Ugh. We always go watch Bob anyway when we stay at FQ or POR. I have watched part of Elliott's show, he seemed like a lovely man, although his show seemed to appeal mostly to older couples. I think Disney may have been trying to find someone with a broader appeal, too bad it sounds like they fell short :sad1:

T I have watched part of Elliott's show, he seemed like a lovely man, although his show seemed to appeal mostly to older couples. I think Disney may have been trying to find someone with a broader appeal, too bad it sounds like they fell short :sad1:

My daughter really enjoyed the sing along evenings and his music, even the songs that were way before her time ;) She was 8,9 and 10 on each of those respective trips. He had a lovely gentle way about him but was so engaging and made a point of making sure the kids didn't feel it was only for 'big people'. I'm still a bit heartsore that he's not there anymore

PS. I'm not THAT old ;)

My daughter really enjoyed the sing along evenings and his music, even the songs that were way before her time ;) She was 8,9 and 10 on each of those respective trips. He had a lovely gentle way about him but was so engaging and made a point of making sure the kids didn't feel it was only for 'big people'. I'm still a bit heartsore that he's not there anymore

PS. I'm not THAT old ;)

Yes, I agree he is a lovely man, and engaged his audience. It's a shame the new guy doesn't sound like he has much going for him in the personality department. Very surprising of Disney.

PS. I'm not THAT old ;)

He gave us a cd one year and signed I to my brother and sista Dave and Jodi lol

Hi All!
I've been lurking on the boards for a while but I finally made my reservations for POFQ so I thought I'd post a hello and a thank you for all of the entertaining information I have found here. This will be my children's first trip to Disney and we are going to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday. I've been saving up for years so that I could surprise him. Now that I actually have a date (May 2014!) I am so excited that I can't stand it. I will likely have a ton of questions as the date approches, so I will beg your indulgence in advance.

princess:

Wahooo!! It's so exciting, isn't it. It will be our first POFQ trip next year - can't wait! This is definitely the place for information, I've learned so much already.

Hello and welcome! x

Hi All!
I've been lurking on the boards for a while but I finally made my reservations for POFQ so I thought I'd post a hello and a thank you for all of the entertaining information I have found here. This will be my children's first trip to Disney and we are going to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday. I've been saving up for years so that I could surprise him. Now that I actually have a date (May 2014!) I am so excited that I can't stand it. I will likely have a ton of questions as the date approches, so I will beg your indulgence in advance.

princess:

Sounds great. You will have a great time. And your dad will too. We travel 3 generations and I love it. We are going next month...me, my husband, our son, our daughter and her 2 sons. Whatever questions you have you can get answers for on the Disboards so ask away.

This is so disappointing! I was looking forward to seeing the new guy, and hoped he was engaging like Bob Jackson. Ugh. We always go watch Bob anyway when we stay at FQ or POR. I have watched part of Elliott's show, he seemed like a lovely man, although his show seemed to appeal mostly to older couples. I think Disney may have been trying to find someone with a broader appeal, too bad it sounds like they fell short :sad1:
My granddaughters loved seeing Elliot (now 7 &10 but have been going to see him for the past 3 years). He always made them feel special. In fact when they heard about his last night, they asked their mom if they could make a trip up to see him (my DIL like him too so she and the grandkids came with us to catch his last night - my son was disappointed he couldn't get off work on that short notice to be able to make the trip with us).
We (including the grandkids) didn't care for Yee-haw Bob so it looks like it will either be early nights or more night-time in the parks for us in the future - unless Elliot ends up playing somewhere else in Orlando in the evenings.

The picture on portorleans.org shows a TV at Mardi Grogs pool, is it still there? Arriving Saturday and the kids want to use the pool but our beloved Boston Red Sox may be playing at 4PM; hoping there is a TV and we can get the bartender to put the game on.

The picture on portorleans.org shows a TV at Mardi Grogs pool, is it still there? Arriving Saturday and the kids want to use the pool but our beloved Boston Red Sox may be playing at 4PM; hoping there is a TV and we can get the bartender to put the game on.

The tv is still there

scard192 said:

Even if he won't put it on, it will probably be way more fun to watch the kids swim and enjoy themselves, than the baseball game would be!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Even if he won't put it on, it will probably be way more fun to watch the kids swim and enjoy themselves, than the baseball game would be!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

just want to check on the score from time to time :)

just want to check on the score from time to time :)

They have 2 TVs . The bartenders are very friendly so ask them to put it on. Unless they have people already there watching 2 different college football games I am sure they will put the Red Sox / Tigers game on one of the TVs.

If there are four of us, two adults, 2yr old,1yr old. Which building do you think we will be put in without a request alligator bayou or mansions? We have a garden view reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter