Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

How is Port Orleans French Quarter for someone who is bringing a Senior Citizen (Late 70's)? She is going to have an ECV for the parks, but can get around without it. I know she would want to take a break in the afternoon to help her have the energy. It seems to have less to do than PO Riverside, so i'm not sure whether to include in a quote request with TA in the next week or so.

Just booked 3 nights in March during Spring Break - am I crazy ? :-) Son is playing tennis in Altamonte Springs first part of week - how can I not go to WDW when I am right there??? First time solo but looking forward to it (son in college and has to go back with the team). Whirlwind but know it will be worth it.

How long is that construction lasting?

Until 24 Dec, and it only impacts the children's wading pool area, everything else is open as normal. Work is on schedule and they are due to start on some major concrete pours next week apparently.

Andre

How is Port Orleans French Quarter for someone who is bringing a Senior Citizen (Late 70's)? She is going to have an ECV for the parks, but can get around without it. I know she would want to take a break in the afternoon to help her have the energy. It seems to have less to do than PO Riverside, so i'm not sure whether to include in a quote request with TA in the next week or so.

I think that this little resort is one of the best choices for anyone who may have limited mobility. I would request a building closer to the food court and bus stop, but that's the only concession you would need to make. I think the building furthest from the food court is not even a 7 minute walk, so you know how compact this resort is.

I think that you could also look at a bldg that is near the boat dock. The water taxi is a lovely ride to POR.

There are plenty if benches throughout the grounds to relax outdoors, and the Lobby is bright and inviting.

Until 24 Dec, and it only impacts the children's wading pool area, everything else is open as normal. Work is on schedule and they are due to start on some major concrete pours next week apparently.

Andre

Oh man and i didn't choose Wilderness Lodge because of the construction -_-

6 Days until check in! I am so excited. I have never stayed at PORFQ, and am really looking forward to it. I have a random question, years ago (probably 20 or more) on a trip with my parents we stayed at a Disney Resort called Dixie Landings. Is that the same resort as French Quarter?

6 Days until check in! I am so excited. I have never stayed at PORFQ, and am really looking forward to it. I have a random question, years ago (probably 20 or more) on a trip with my parents we stayed at a Disney Resort called Dixie Landings. Is that the same resort as French Quarter?
No that is Riverside now. :)

Does anyone know if there will be construction going on here in January 2016? Thanks for tips! Making sure!

At Riverside the main pool will be closed. Nothing specific announced for French Quarter, but at that time of year there could well be minor work going on. Nothing that should cause you any problems though.

Andre

I just booked our May 8 - 15, 2015 trip to POFQ. We stayed at POFQ for the first time last May and absolutely loved it. We usually stay at POR, which is also great, but French Quarter has now become my favorite. I love the smaller size, which makes walking to different parts of the resort more pleasant. POFQ's one bus stop is also a huge bonus in my book. I never had any long waits for buses and they were never too crowded, except leaving MK at closing time. I recommend POFQ to anyone, even if they don't offer a discount, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a May discount.

I just booked our May 8 - 15, 2015 trip to POFQ. We stayed at POFQ for the first time last May and absolutely loved it. We usually stay at POR, which is also great, but French Quarter has now become my favorite. I love the smaller size, which makes walking to different parts of the resort more pleasant. POFQ's one bus stop is also a huge bonus in my book. I never had any long waits for buses and they were never too crowded, except leaving MK at closing time. I recommend POFQ to anyone, even if they don't offer a discount, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a May discount.

Hey...don't give our secret away! LOL I've been a POFQ lover for many years now...so I absolutely agree with all you said...except telling everyone about it...HA HA HA

We are staying in FQ for the very first time in Jan 2016 (59 days!) and we are very excited. We have always camped in the Fort up until this trip. We have also never been in January before.

Anyway, can someone either answer my question or direct to a link that might?

We arrived at our online check in date, and I am wondering what are the advantages to doing online checkin? Are there any disadvantages, especially if this is our first time staying in a resort?

Thanks for any help.

Just booked 3 nights in March during Spring Break - am I crazy ? :-) Son is playing tennis in Altamonte Springs first part of week - how can I not go to WDW when I am right there??? First time solo but looking forward to it (son in college and has to go back with the team). Whirlwind but know it will be worth it.

Been there a couple of spring breaks - not ideal, but doable. Just the normal advice. Get there early, take a mid day break, this time to escape the crowds. Crowds tend to thin out late as well. You can do the morning EMH in one park and after a break finish the day in another park. And pack your patience just in case lines are long - use the app or Lines to check the wait times before you cross the park.

We are staying in FQ for the very first time in Jan 2016 (59 days!) and we are very excited. We have always camped in the Fort up until this trip. We have also never been in January before.

Anyway, can someone either answer my question or direct to a link that might?

We arrived at our online check in date, and I am wondering what are the advantages to doing online checkin? Are there any disadvantages, especially if this is our first time staying in a resort?

Thanks for any help.
We have done the online checkin with no problems. This year we got a text saying our room was ready while on the Magical Express bus so we just went with our magic bands and dropped off our carryon bags before getting lunch. It is such a compact resort (for Disney) unless you have special needs or requests I would do online and stop by the front desk for a resort map .They included a map in our text but it wouldn't download . Since it was our 9th visit we knew where to go for our room. Our only request is a corner room but we select room as soon as possible as the higher priority. We have stayed on all floors with various views and can't say one was much different noise or traffic wise

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter