Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I am very worried about the pool at Riverside being closed now. With that happening, I wonder if people, if TOUR GROUPS, might just migrate over to the French Quarter and use their pool. I know my husband isn't excited about staying here, but if we were to have an extremely crowded resort with tour groups and such, that would just take the cake. Ugghhh, what to do, what to do.

Also, I have stayed at Riverside, but I can't really remember about the bus situation. How does that work with the FQ?

I am very worried about the pool at Riverside being closed now. With that happening, I wonder if people, if TOUR GROUPS, might just migrate over to the French Quarter and use their pool. I know my husband isn't excited about staying here, but if we were to have an extremely crowded resort with tour groups and such, that would just take the cake. Ugghhh, what to do, what to do.

Also, I have stayed at Riverside, but I can't really remember about the bus situation. How does that work with the FQ?

We are staying at FQ in January, and I've also been wondering if the pool will be crowded with the overflow from Riverside. We were there 2 years ago when the FQ pool was being refurbished, and at that time they were running golf carts from FQ to the pool over at Riverside. I'm hoping the quiet pools over there will take up most of the slack, and there won't be a lot of people coming over. The FQ pool just isn't very big.

On the plus side, not that many people are swimming in January. Last January, there were rarely more than 10 people in the pool in the evenings (I'm talking from about 6-8 PM). In fact, we joked that our kids had their own personal lifeguards, as there were often as many lifeguards on duty as there were kids in the pool.

In all our stays at POR we have never come across a Tour Group. And with the amount of people that will actually be swimming while the pool is under construction I can't see it having much, if any, affect on the the POFQ pool.

Everything you needd to know about PoR/POFQ Buses.

http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php

Ok, so as long as the two resorts have separate bus service for every park in the mornings, I am good with that. But I am still concerned about having cheer groups at Riverside that first week into February migrating over to French Quarters.

Oh, well I was using Mousesavers for my numbers, and they still have them listed as cheaper. Only by a dollar or two.

Mousesavers figures are probably based on the prices that Disney first listed when they originally issued the 2016 rates, which were modified a week or two later. To be fair on Mousesavers, Disney almost never change their base prices once they have been issued (they create subsequent offers instead) but this one was an obvious error by Disney. See www.portorleans.org/roomrates.php for the correct rack rates for 2016 (unless Disney have changed them again anyway!).

Andre

Last edited:
Right, this is just an honest mistake on Mousesavers site. They listed the prices when released.

We fell in love with the POFQ when we first visited it in 2012, the manageable size is a big plus, we loved the refurbished rooms and style, the theming and atmosphere really spoke to us as well.. but what gave the resort something special in our memories is the greeter : Arneil. Arneil is really one of the reasons we are coming back to POFQ! We met him in 2012 and were touched by his warm welcome every single day we came back from the parks, he gave us the feeling of coming home and the fact that he was from 'Friesland' a province in the Netherlands (our home country) gave him that extra special thing.. he's my all time favorite cast member and I cannot wait to tell him that in person and give him a big hug and thanks for the wonderful memory he gave us.. we'll be back in July 2016!!

Ok, so as long as the two resorts have separate bus service for every park in the mornings, I am good with that. But I am still concerned about having cheer groups at Riverside that first week into February migrating over to French Quarters.

Don't large tour groups usually stay at value resorts?

Just changed from CSR to POFQ due to the good passholder rate - booked 3 rooms but 2 are garden views and 1 had to be a river view (no more garden rooms available) Since I have 2 different room views I wonder if it would really matter to link all the rooms together. I guess if I link them we could all be in the same building but on different sides, right?

Just changed from CSR to POFQ due to the good passholder rate - booked 3 rooms but 2 are garden views and 1 had to be a river view (no more garden rooms available) Since I have 2 different room views I wonder if it would really matter to link all the rooms together. I guess if I link them we could all be in the same building but on different sides, right?

Yes, link the rooms and ask for them to be as close together as possible, there are plenty of Garden View rooms just around the corner from River View ones. For example, in building 2, the dark blue are River View and the green are Garden View:

upload_2015-10-21_19-23-5.png

Andre

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-21_19-18-24.png
    upload_2015-10-21_19-18-24.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 5
made a reservation for 7 days, my mom walks with a cane and is retired military so we got discounted rate for garden view, they suggested we get a Hearing Accessible with Visual Alarms and Notifications, so that we would have a room close to the bus area. Should i just have them remove that and just send a request for bottom floor room and close to the bus are?

the discounted rate only lets us get garden view so cant remove that part.

The Hearing Accessible rooms are located all over the resort, they are not guaranteed to be especially close to anywhere. Garden View Hearing Accessible rooms are shown in my floorplan layouts in green, with the room number highlighted in red. (Some are also wheelchair accessible, and those are also noted on the floorplan too)

They are normally pre-booked rather than a request item, so unless you actually need that facility I would definitely suggest you request what you want (i.e. ground floor and close to buses & main building, and explain why) rather than trying to second-guess them by making a different request.

Andre

Last edited:
The Hearing Accessible rooms are located all over the resort, they are not guaranteed to be especially close to anywhere. Garden View Hearing Accessible rooms are shown in my floorplan layouts in green, with the room number highlighted in red. (Some are also wheelchair accessible, and those are also noted on the floorplan too)

They are normally pre-booked rather than a request item, so unless you actually need that facility I would definitely suggest you request what you want (i.e. ground floor and close to buses & main building, and explain why) rather than trying to second-guess them by making a different request.

Andre
thanks for the help , going to call and change reservation :)

Does anyone know if you can request a fan for your room at FQ? We like to have the noise while we sleep.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can request a fan for your room at FQ? We like to have the noise while we sleep.

Thanks!
Same here lol but I usually just listen to the air conditioner even though it's not very loud.

Thanks!

Yup. They are first come first serve, but are available.

That's good to know. We always bring a small fan with us for DH, but I'm glad there's one available if we forget. How big are they?

~Cari~ pluto:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter