Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

The bathrooms and I think maybe the telephones are on the opposite side, on the left side of the porte-cochère. I am positive the bathrooms are, though, because I changed back into my cold weather clothes in there before getting on DME last week. :)

Miranda is right, the bathrooms are the left side of the lobby near Scat Cat's & where Bonfamille's was

Oh yeah, that's right, now I remember. It's been a few years since I was at POFQ, so was getting confused with other lobbies. Darn...I was thinking that the left-most (on the map) building of building 3 would be perfect...

Thanks, everyone....back to trying to figure it out...

Darn...I was thinking that the left-most (on the map) building of building 3 would be perfect...

Don't worry, it is pretty much perfect anyway. The walk to the food court from the end of building 3 is shorter by going past the end of the shop anyway (the walk is a whole 68 yards, versus about 90 yards if you could enter the lobby via that back entrance door). Really, stop worrying! :)

upload_2015-11-22_13-29-41.png

Andre

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-22_13-21-32.png
    upload_2015-11-22_13-21-32.png
    635.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My next trip I'm going with my mom and her ECV, so I am curious about how mom will maneuver in the elevators and upper walkways with the ECV if we're assigned to a 2nd or 3rd floor room

She'll be fine, the walkways are amply wide enough for regular ECVs, and the lifts are big enough too. There are a number of official Accessible Rooms located on the upper floors in fact, all fairly close to the elevators. The room entrances even have a bit of an alcove off the main walkway, which makes turning an EVC even easier (except for rooms with fully accessible 'roll in' bathrooms).

POFQ-Grounds-2009-0612_forum.jpg

POFQ-Grounds-2013-0486_forum.jpg

Andre

In case anyone is travelling around Christmas time and was hoping to see the new children's water play area near the Doubloon Lagoon pool, construction work is running slightly behind schedule due to some permitting issues and it is now scheduled to open on 19 January 2016.

Andre

She'll be fine, the walkways are amply wide enough for regular ECVs, and the lifts are big enough too. There are a number of official Accessible Rooms located on the upper floors in fact, all fairly close to the elevators. The room entrances even have a bit of an alcove off the main walkway, which makes turning an EVC even easier (except for rooms with fully accessible 'roll in' bathrooms).

Thanks for the photos, Andre! We're booked in a Standard view accessible room with a tub, and from looking at your great floor plans, I know that there is the definite possibility of us getting an upper floor accessible room. Standard view accessible rooms seem to be just in Buildings 1 and 3, with some Garden view accessible rooms spread out among 2, 4, and 5, though Garden view accessible with tub wasn't a bookable category when I tried (not sold out, just totally not on the website). I'm still hoping for a room in 2 or 5 (my favorite buildings), and will be faxing in my requests when we get closer to the date. I'm pretty much just hoping that we don't get one of the rooms in building 1, which I fear is a good possibility, since it has the most standard accessible with tub rooms. Even though I know how tiny the resort is, I still like to be even closer to all the action of the pool and main building! I feel a little silly asking for buildings 2, 3, 4, or 5, since those are pretty much all of the building possibilities except for building 1, but I hope it makes the point in a gentle way!

Just realized I'm at the 60 day mark, so I can do online check-in now! What requests to choose... what to choose...

I have two questions about the current breakfast options at Sassagoula Floatworks. I was just reading the menu on portorleans.org and noting changes since my last trip.

On the "breakfast sandwich" with egg, bacon & cheese that has replaced the Croissant sandwich - what is the bread now used? That croissant sandwich was my go-to breakfast a lot this last trip.

Also, I see a "create your own breakfast platter" - any specifics on the available choices? If I could get something that included bacon and eggs and a small Mickey waffle and didn't make me take potatoes, that would be awesome.

I have two questions about the current breakfast options at Sassagoula Floatworks. I was just reading the menu on portorleans.org and noting changes since my last trip.

On the "breakfast sandwich" with egg, bacon & cheese that has replaced the Croissant sandwich - what is the bread now used? That croissant sandwich was my go-to breakfast a lot this last trip.

Also, I see a "create your own breakfast platter" - any specifics on the available choices? If I could get something that included bacon and eggs and a small Mickey waffle and didn't make me take potatoes, that would be awesome.
I had the create your own platter.the other morning. It was egg, 1 meat (bacon or sausage )& choice of 3 dides. They had at least 5 side options including mini Mickey waffles. The potato was 1 of the other options along with fruit.

I had the create your own platter.the other morning. It was egg, 1 meat (bacon or sausage )& choice of 3 dides. They had at least 5 side options including mini Mickey waffles. The potato was 1 of the other options along with fruit.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear they have fruit as an option. Can you "repeat" sides, eg get 2 mini waffles as 2 of your sides? Eggs, bacon, 2 little Mickey waffles and fruit would be perfect.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear they have fruit as an option. Can you "repeat" sides, eg get 2 mini waffles as 2 of your sides? Eggs, bacon, 2 little Mickey waffles and fruit would be perfect.
Didn't ask but can't see why not. In fact I believe the one photo on the display had 2 waffles along with a potato side.

You can always ask for them to replace the potatoes with something else anyway (and they do hash brown potatoes now) but the new option allows you choose what you want anyway:

upload_2015-11-23_2-7-9.png

upload_2015-11-23_2-7-56.png

Andre

Would you happen to know if there are wheelchairs available at POFQ? I am also staying here with my mom next trip, and I think I read somewhere that free wheelchairs are available upon arrival at the front desk.

My mom uses only a rollator at home but would feel better knowing she'll have more support on a Disney trip. We tried an electric mobility scooter last time and it was a disaster; never again!

We'd also like to be as far away from the pool as possible -- which building would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

I like this website for info on POFQ - http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php
Based on the map I would say BLDG 7 would seem to be farthest away from the pool.

Thanks, link is very helpful. I learned quite a bit more and even saw pictures of the accessible rooms. I now also think we might just rent a wheelchair from an approved vendor ahead of time, since those available at Disney are not reservable.

Building 7 does look the furthest away; I guess I was really asking about which accessible rooms would be the furthest away. Now I realize there are probably accessible rooms in each building.

230 days to go! I reserved the roll-in shower room when I booked but will add more detail when it comes time for online check-in.

Would you happen to know if there are wheelchairs available at POFQ? I am also staying here with my mom next trip, and I think I read somewhere that free wheelchairs are available upon arrival at the front desk.

My mom uses only a rollator at home but would feel better knowing she'll have more support on a Disney trip. We tried an electric mobility scooter last time and it was a disaster; never again!

We'd also like to be as far away from the pool as possible -- which building would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give.
Buildings 1 and 7 are the furthest from the pool. For what it is worth we had building 2 overlooking the pool and the noise from the pool wasn't an issue . Same with our room in building 5 which overlooked the river but still was close to the pool.

Buildings 1 and 7 are the furthest from the pool. For what it is worth we had building 2 overlooking the pool and the noise from the pool wasn't an issue . Same with our room in building 5 which overlooked the river but still was close to the pool.
Good to know -- thank you. I love the pool activities (a fond part of our memories from when DD was younger) but want to keep them separate from my room experience! This will be my first time here (obviously) but from everything I've read, POFQ is small and intimate without being noisy and cramped. I'm so excited!

Have you thought about bringing her rollator on the trip? My mom brought hers for our trip last week and it worked wonderfully. In fact, she bought it specifically FOR our trip and doesn't use it regularly at home. But she knew we'd be doing much more walking than normal and she's got some knee problems and balance issues. Three hours into day 1 and she was already raving about how she never could have done the trip without it. (We considered a wheelchair, but she refused to have me push her around.) I had to slow my personal walking pace a bit, but other than that, it worked great for us! Something to think about...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter