Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a dumb question! Does the bus take you directly to each of the parks? Or just to the TTC to switch to a different bus, boat, etc? It's been awhile since I've been and I remember taking a boat to MK. We have an early CP breakfast so I want to be able to plan! Thanks!

Sorry if this is a dumb question! Does the bus take you directly to each of the parks? Or just to the TTC to switch to a different bus, boat, etc? It's been awhile since I've been and I remember taking a boat to MK. We have an early CP breakfast so I want to be able to plan! Thanks!
Directly to the parks. :)

I noticed that you are going at Christmas. :thumbsup2
We were at Pop last Christmas and I have to say, bus service had never been better. :thumbsup2 Sure it was crowded, but they must add additional buses that time of year to keep up with the crowds. One thing I would recommend is to not get on the bus if the seats are already filled. Step aside and let others get on and wait for the next bus. That way you are all guaranteed a seat. And since buses are so plentiful that time of year, hopefully you won't have to wait more then five or ten minutes for the next bus.

Thanks for chiming in about Christmas! :santa: We are planning for it to be crowded--it's good to hear that you felt that Disney was also prepared for the crowds. You reminded me what we saw at the TTC last time we were there that time of the year. We were offsite staying with family, but we saw rows of buses lined up to take people to the MK to relieve some of the burden on the ferry and monorail so I think you are right about them adding extra transportation. We have never been onsite that time of year though so it's hard for us to know what to expect at the resorts. It's good to hear your experience.

Good suggestion about waiting for the next bus. If buses are plentiful, that seems doable! :thumbsup2

I talked to my brother and SIL and they are going to plan on bringing both of their cars (they only live an hour away). That way we will have transportation for all of us available if the buses don't seem to be working well for us. We are trying to add lots of flexibility into our plans for that time of the year just in case. Our preference is to use WDW transportation, but it's good to have options!

Only 210 days! We are all so excited!! We have a family get together for those of us in the Northwest and are doing some Disney planning this weekend! Yay! :cheer2:

Hello all! We're returning for our 4th or 5th POP stay in November and are quite excited! We love it there! Just wondering if anyone has boarded at the best friends facility and how far away it was from Pop? We're driving down with our dog this trip and would like to visit daily on our midday break.

Hello all! We're returning for our 4th or 5th POP stay in November and are quite excited! We love it there! Just wondering if anyone has boarded at the best friends facility and how far away it was from Pop? We're driving down with our dog this trip and would like to visit daily on our midday break.

We haven't boarded with Best Friends, but I know it is right across from POR. Probably just a few miles from Pop. I would think it would be easy enough to make that detour between park and resort.

PS. You will have to post a review about Best Friends. It looks like the Taj Mahal of kennels!

Hello everyone! My family will be staying at POP for the first time in November. This is our second trip to WDW and I was thankful to be able to go back this year.... free dining helped make the dream a reality. It has been three years since we last visited and I am looking forward to the new Fantasyland (have not seen it since they added BOG and other portions) and Christmas decorations in the parks. Are Christmas decorations up at the resorts by mid-month? What is everyone's favorite thing about POP?

Hello everyone! My family will be staying at POP for the first time in November. This is our second trip to WDW and I was thankful to be able to go back this year.... free dining helped make the dream a reality. It has been three years since we last visited and I am looking forward to the new Fantasyland (have not seen it since they added BOG and other portions) and Christmas decorations in the parks. Are Christmas decorations up at the resorts by mid-month? What is everyone's favorite thing about POP?

Christmas decorations will start going up on November 1. They strart transforming from the Halloween decorations to Christmas literally overnight as soon as the last MNSSHP is over. Disney World in it's entirety will be completely transformed, including The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at HS, by the first MVMCP on November 8, 2015. Christmas time at Disney is magnificent! It is our favorite time of year at Disney for our family.

I am not a good one to ask about what I love about POP. We have stayed at almost all of the moderates and the values (no Deluxe for us), but once POP opened on December 14, 2003 (we actually checked in at POP on December 14, 2003) , we have been staying at POP and have never thought of staying anywhere else. This will be our 9th stay at POP this November! :cloud9: We love everything about POP!

We haven't boarded with Best Friends, but I know it is right across from POR. Probably just a few miles from Pop. I would think it would be easy enough to make that detour between park and resort.

PS. You will have to post a review about Best Friends. It looks like the Taj Mahal of kennels!

We were booked at POR for September but we decided we wanted to see the Christmas decorations and POR isn't included so we happily went back to Pop (though it would have been so nice to be right across the street from the kennel!) I will do a review of it when we're done, it looks amazing and I hope he enjoys it. He's getting old and we're feeling too guilty leaving him, the spoiled boy!

I love how small the resort is, the mods are huge! I love how great the buses have always been, we seem to have perfect luck for timing our arrival to the bus stop and the bus pulling up within minutes. I love the little kids pool, it's perfect for letting my son play without me having to get in with him. I love the food court, a lot of great options including fresh healthy choices. We've done all the mods (except french quarter) a few times but always keep coming back to pop because it's always our best experience.

I love how small the resort is, the mods are huge! I love how great the buses have always been, we seem to have perfect luck for timing our arrival to the bus stop and the bus pulling up within minutes. I love the little kids pool, it's perfect for letting my son play without me having to get in with him. I love the food court, a lot of great options including fresh healthy choices. We've done all the mods (except french quarter) a few times but always keep coming back to pop because it's always our best experience.
I usually stay at POP in the first two weeks of Nov & I haven't seen the Christmas decorations up at the resort. Perhaps others can tell you if they are starting by mid Nov. However, the parks definitely get into the Christmas decorating by the first week of Nov. In fact, within a day or two of Halloween, the Christmas decorating season begins in the parks and Downtown Disney. So . . . even if the decorations aren't up at the POP for your stay, they are definitely up front and present in the parks & Downtown Disney by early November. Have a great vacation!

I agree we love pop and we prefer the QSDP so it works for us. This will be our 6th year straight. We have stayed at all levels the only moderate we haven't stayed is CBR. But right now Pop fits our needs.

Looks like we'll be staying at Pop the first night of our November trip! Have never stayed here before, but I am excited to check it out! :D Lots of fantastic info here, thanks everyone!

Just got back from the POP. Consistently good Value resort. I'm at a point where I can only stay if it is just the wife and me...my kids are too old to stay in the same room. If it is the four of us then we stay at AoA.

They don't start decorating the resorts for Christmas until right before Thanksgiving. And many years there is a MNSSHP on Nov 1 so they don't take the Halloween decor down until the 2nd but it will all be undecorated in less than 24 hours. And the Christmas decor will go up in about 2 days. It is utterly AMAZING!!

This is what is posted on mouse savers about the Christmas decorations.
"Christmas decorations at the Walt Disney World Resort usually begin going up around the first of November. The decorations are gradually added at night and are substantially complete at Magic Kingdom by the time of the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (in 2015, that will be November 8), with the resorts and other parks completed by the day after Thanksgiving. The decorations usually start coming down about January 3."

Touring Plans also shows the same as well as The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights starting on November 6, 2015 thru January 3, 2016.

Not sure exactly how accurate this is but I think this would be close.

Can I ask about the laundry? When using the credit card, do you just swipe and go, or do you need to enter your pin or anything? When we come from Canada, I hate getting self serve gas in the States because it always asks for a ZIPcode and I have to go inside because it doesn't accept Canadian postal codes. :)

Can I ask about the laundry? When using the credit card, do you just swipe and go, or do you need to enter your pin or anything? When we come from Canada, I hate getting self serve gas in the States because it always asks for a ZIPcode and I have to go inside because it doesn't accept Canadian postal codes. :)

Swipe and Go. :thumbsup2

You know that in many cases you can enter pretty much any zipcode, right? We've done the drive down a few times so we're used to the american gas stations :drive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter