Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked the Pop for October 9-13. I've wanted to try it for a long time, but I have to admit I'm an All Star fan. I'm hoping the Pop will be a new fave too!! I'm a bit nervous, because the last time I stepped out of my Disney resort comfort zone, I didn't really care for the resort.

I have one question: Can someone tell me how wide the doorway between the room and the sink is? I'd like to bring some black cloth to attach to the curtain, to make it a bit more light blocking.

Last edited:
A few questions as I am staying at POP for the first time...

If I want a lakeview, upper floor room in the 60's section, what are my 2 best options to pick when it comes to online check-in? Lakeview and 60's? Is there a 'write in' section that will allow me to be state my 3rd request?
-OR would 70's section lakeview, upper floor, building 6 be better and closer to transportation and main building?
-Ahh I can't decide which section I want! I just know i want a lakeview, upper floor, close to main building! It would probably help to know that im in a standard room.
I have looked at room views on touringplans and just can't decide.

Also can someone tell me how we'll get from Pop to the Poly using the Disney transportation? Am i correct in assuming we will take the bus to MK and hop on the resort monorail from there? And what about DTD to the POLY, (incase we spend to much time there and need to leave from DTD instead of Pop)?

Last question I promise (at least for now)... Using your magic band, do pp pictures, ride photos, and ride videos still get added and can be viewed on your MDE account, even if you don't purchase memory maker?

Thanks so much in advance!

Just wanted to chime in on the MM. I did a short trip last Sept without MM and a longer one in Dec with MM. As long as someone in my friends/family was wearing the MB, the pictured showed up (without MM) and I was able to download digital images for $15 each. The only thing I was not able to download was the ride videos--I could see them but they are only available to download with MM.

Can anyone who is currently there/or has been recently let me know if they have the King Cupcake in the food court at the moment? I understand it is an item that they rotate in and out and would love to be able to try one when I get there in 2 weeks!

Can anyone who is currently there/or has been recently let me know if they have the King Cupcake in the food court at the moment? I understand it is an item that they rotate in and out and would love to be able to try one when I get there in 2 weeks!
I'm not there now. But every time we are there they are in the bakery/ice-cream section. Sometime just ask. A lot of times I find if they run out they haven't had time to restock the case.

T
Just wanted to chime in on the MM. I did a short trip last Sept without MM and a longer one in Dec with MM. As long as someone in my friends/family was wearing the MB, the pictured showed up (without MM) and I was able to download digital images for $15 each. The only thing I was not able to download was the ride videos--I could see them but they are only available to download with MM.
Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear. I won't really want to download them or purchase any photos. But just knowing I can watch / see them is fun and great news!

I just booked the Pop for October 9-13. I've wanted to try it for a long time, but I have to admit I'm an All Star fan. I'm hoping the Pop will be a new fave too!! I'm a bit nervous, because the last time I stepped out of my Disney resort comfort zone, I didn't really care for the resort.

I have one question: Can someone tell me how wide the doorway between the room and the sink is? I'd like to bring some black cloth to attach to the curtain, to make it a bit more light blocking.

I've stayed at all three All Stars. I understand the love! I've also stayed at Pop Century, 3 times and I will wake up there in 3 weeks time. :) I love it. I think it has a special feel for me because it was my very first resort.

I went through my pictures and the opening looks to be the same at the All Stars as it does at Pop, but I don't have measurements, sorry.

Pop Century:

from raw-9115 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

(Wow! That was blue, I guess I forgot to adjust the white balance. Oops)

All Star Sports:

from raw-6290 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I can't seem to upload my All Star Movies picture, and I'm too lazy to do it on Flickr. Sorry. It was before there was a curtain anyways. I hope these two pictures help a little though. :)

I think you'll probably find the experience at Pop to be quite similar to that at the All-Star resorts. You can also take advantage of visiting Art of Animation, which is fun to see.

I'm now 24 days out from my first stay at POP and after creeping this board for awhile have seen a lot of comments about people decorating their rooms/windows at POP. Is this fairly common at that resort in particular? Or do people more often do it when they're staying with kids?

Just an FYI Bldg 10 is not in the 80's. It is in the 70's. And some of the rooms in bldg 10 are preferred rooms. Bldg 10 is not far from the food court at all... I am in bldg 10 as I speak.

Sorry, I meant to say that they moved us to building 10, the 70's building. We had a fun stay at POP.

We will be staying at Pop in 11 days. Does anyone know if laundry requires quarters or credit card? Thanks.

I saw King Cupcakes in the food court yesterday. I recommend getting one first. I did not care for it...too many flavors mixed together .

I'm now 24 days out from my first stay at POP and after creeping this board for awhile have seen a lot of comments about people decorating their rooms/windows at POP. Is this fairly common at that resort in particular? Or do people more often do it when they're staying with kids?
I did not see one decorated window this trip. Thinking this might be something that is not so common anymore unless it is a special trip or a holiday.

If my only real room request is a king bed room, should I not do online check-in? I know there are a small number of king bed rooms, but I don't want to muddle my requests if that's the thing I'm shooting for the most. I noticed it's not even an option for requests when you do online check-in.

Would you all suggest doing regular check-in when I arrive if I really want a king bed room?

If my only real room request is a king bed room, should I not do online check-in? I know there are a small number of king bed rooms, but I don't want to muddle my requests if that's the thing I'm shooting for the most. I noticed it's not even an option for requests when you do online check-in.

Would you all suggest doing regular check-in when I arrive if I really want a king bed room?

Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on whether you'll get your requested king. You can still do online check in, just skip the room request section. It's what we do every time as what we want to request are not options in the online check in process.

Personally, I would make sure that you have "king bed" as your one and only request on your reservation. If it is not on your reservation, I would call a CM and add it. I would do on line check in but not make any other requests. When you get to POP, go on into the Classic Hall, a CM will greet you holding an iPad, simple ask him/her if your room that you were assigned is a king room. If they say no, kindly ask them if they can check to see if they have one available. You are correct that there are very few king rooms and some of the king rooms are specifically set assigned and designed handicap accessible. But if they are not all booked at the time you check in they will happily check for you. If you do on line check in and leave your cell number they will text you your room # when it's available and this map of the types of rooms at POP may help you determine if the room you get assigned has a king bed and then you would know if you need to even go into Classic Hall or if you could go straight to your room:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1329/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg

Hope this helps :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter