Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went last December, had a "preferred" room booked. By the time I checked in, around 6pm, they said there weren't any preferred rooms left, so they gave me a pool-view room.
The pool view rooms look like a good location, so either way, I think it will be good. Just getting excited to get there. This is a surprise for my kids and I can hardly stand keeping the secret

We were at epcot yesterday ...guess we have different opinions...we went in 2013 at same time and crowds were lower
Then again it was our ninth day .... we were very tired and left at three and went to boardwalk
Maybe we went different directions :) we have never been this time of year but we were her last September and it seemed more crowded than now. We are really appreciating our first few days because today it is a madhouse! Thank goodness we did rope drop this morning at AK back to the resort now and HS later. Crowds trying to get into AK are CRAZY!!! Hope you had a great trip!

We leave for Pop on Thanksgiving morning (Yippee!!) and I have a question about bottled water. I ordered a case of water from Staples last week and it has disappeared. It was loaded on the truck last week for delivery, but no one seems to know what has happened to it. If the delivery company can't find it, Staples will ship out a new one, but I'm worried that won't get resolved by the time we arrive. Do they sell cases of water at the Pop gift store? I seem to recall reading a while ago that some of the resorts started carrying this, but I'm not sure if it's a current option at Pop. If so, I won't worry so much about my missing delivery. Thanks!!

Just back from 11 nights. We were in the 60s section, 2nd floor, right by the baby pool. It was a bit noisy at times, but we were so tired at night it didn't stop us from falling right to sleep. We were asleep most nights by 10 -- we did rope drop every morning, which worked awesome.

We enjoy Pop very much. Room works for us for the amount of time spent in it. My band worked to open the room the first day, but my hubby's and kids' did not. Just a quick visit to the front desk and that was the only glitch we had with the bands.

My daughter and I did the hustle in the food court one night, fun times. The veggie sandwich was wonderful. No complaints from the kids on anything we had to eat. Also ventured over to AoA one evening for a QS meal there.

My kids had a blast at the Hippy Dippy Pool, swimming and playing games. Not sure when we will get back, but miss it already.

Last edited:
Just back from 11 nights. We were in the 60s section, 2nd floor, right by the baby pool. It was a bit noisy at times, but we were so tired at night it didn't stop us from falling right to sleep. We were asleep most nights by 10 -- we did rope drop every morning, which worked awesome.

We enjoy Pop very much. Room works for us for the amount of time spent in it. My band worked to open the room the first day, but my hubby's and kids' did not. Just a quick visit to the front desk and that was the only glitch we had with the bands.

My daughter and I did the hustle in the food court one night, fun times. The veggie sandwich was wonderful. No complaints from the kids on anything we had to eat. Also ventured over to AoA one evening for a QS meal there.

My kids had a blast at the Hippy Dippy Pool, swimming and playing games. Not sure when we will get back, but miss it already.
We usually stay in French Quarter but are staying in Pop this time. I'm a little nervous about noise. I have heard good things about the resort so I hope we enjoy it. However, the room is really just where we sleep, so it should be okay.

We usually stay in French Quarter but are staying in Pop this time. I'm a little nervous about noise. I have heard good things about the resort so I hope we enjoy it. However, the room is really just where we sleep, so it should be okay.

I think we were probably in the noisiest section of the hotel. We were very close to where they set up the nightly movie. We stayed 70s, lake view and it was very quiet. Will definitely try for that section again. We had to go "preferred" this trip to get the FD offer.

SIX days! I want to be excited, but most of my household is sick right now. Getting treatment and hoping that we're all good by the time we go.

SIX days! I want to be excited, but most of my household is sick right now. Getting treatment and hoping that we're all good by the time we go.

Oh, no! This is my fear! We have really bad luck in getting sick during our Christmas trips. Hopefully, everyone at your house will be better and ready to go by the time you leave! It's good they are already getting treatment. Wishing your family good health and a great trip!

I hear you, we leave Thur AM, oldest of our 5 kids got stomach bug sun evening, second one hit midnight (few min ago, hence I'm not going to sleep :-\) worst part...i planned this to be our "redemption trip" as everyone got the stomach flu AT WDW last time

I hear you, we leave Thur AM, oldest of our 5 kids got stomach bug sun evening, second one hit midnight (few min ago, hence I'm not going to sleep :-\) worst part...i planned this to be our "redemption trip" as everyone got the stomach flu AT WDW last time

Oh, no! That doesn't sound good! I hope it's a short-lived stomach bug and that most of you can escape it. Hoping you still can get your redemption!

We leave today (!) and last week daughter actually felt sick enough to stay home from school (never happens). Might normally have waited it out but took her to doc because of trip and she had sinus and ear infection. Thank heavens she is fine now! Flying with that would have been awful. So excited to be arriving at Pop around 7:30 tonight!!!! ( preferred pool view hopefully ground floor room)

Me too. I leave in 10 days and woke up with a bad sore throat this morning. I have a doctors appt next week so if this turns into anything other than a cold at least I'll be able to see my own Dr before I go. It's funny because for the last 2 weeks I've been the vitamin C cop at home.

Sick here too! Hoping we are up and running by Saturday!

But first a question! Is there a place in the hotel to watch a football game? A bar? Or something? I know the room is an option but my DH was thinking maybe after DD went to bed he would grab a drink and watch some of the game.

If not I'm thinking Maybe Disney Springs.

Sick here too! Hoping we are up and running by Saturday!

But first a question! Is there a place in the hotel to watch a football game? A bar? Or something? I know the room is an option but my DH was thinking maybe after DD went to bed he would grab a drink and watch some of the game.

If not I'm thinking Maybe Disney Springs.
Petals Pool Bar by the Hippy Dippy Pool.:)

Just returned from 10 day stay at pop. Our room location was nice. 50's section. Pool view room. We had requested ground floor, 50's, connecting rooms and got 2 out of 3. The stay itself was fine, but the bus situation for us was terrible. This was a first trip with so many transportation issues. If anyone has any questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

Just returned from 10 day stay at pop. Our room location was nice. 50's section. Pool view room. We had requested ground floor, 50's, connecting rooms and got 2 out of 3. The stay itself was fine, but the bus situation for us was terrible. This was a first trip with so many transportation issues. If anyone has any questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

What sort of transportation issues did you experience? Long waits for buses? Overcrowding?

What sort of transportation issues did you experience? Long waits for buses? Overcrowding?
We personally had long waits for the buses. We waited at the resort and at the parks. I first part of the trip, we always had to stand and were packed into the buses. Towards the end of the trip we finally started waiting for another bus and let others around us because we just couldn't face another standing bus ride. On our first day we waited 45 minutes for a bus back to Pop from the MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter