Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the rooms with pool view noisy? Anyone have experience?

I did not have a pool view in August (matter of fact, my two requests were lake view and top floor, and I got a top floor but preferred view upgrade, which wasn't lake view but a quiet other side of the building away from the pools which was perfect by me!).

I'd have to say if you have pool view, especially the main one, I'd count on noise! Our week, last week of August, was a very slow time in the parks (one day, literally all day, Soarin' was a walk on, which I've never seen). The main pool was super busy with happy families playing games and music was playing, and I kept thinking I was so glad I wasn't pool view. Some folks love the action and being close, but to me it was worth the 4 minutes walk to have a quiet room. My DD needs her sleep (she has severe health issues).

I booked another two nights standard view for our first part of spring break (then we have 7 nights at Kidani we rented off redweek). I personally think standard view is fine. It's not a huge resort (but I have a wheelchair for my DD and don't mind walking two minutes extra!). I actually now think it's more convenient than the GF (and I've always been a resort snob until recently).

I did not have a pool view in August (matter of fact, my two requests were lake view and top floor, and I got a top floor but preferred view upgrade, which wasn't lake view but a quiet other side of the building away from the pools which was perfect by me!).

I'd have to say if you have pool view, especially the main one, I'd count on noise! Our week, last week of August, was a very slow time in the parks (one day, literally all day, Soarin' was a walk on, which I've never seen). The main pool was super busy with happy families playing games and music was playing, and I kept thinking I was so glad I wasn't pool view. Some folks love the action and being close, but to me it was worth the 4 minutes walk to have a quiet room. My DD needs her sleep (she has severe health issues).

I booked another two nights standard view for our first part of spring break (then we have 7 nights at Kidani we rented off redweek). I personally think standard view is fine. It's not a huge resort (but I have a wheelchair for my DD and don't mind walking two minutes extra!). I actually now think it's more convenient than the GF (and I've always been a resort snob until recently).
Thanks

I checked in online a few days ago (I'm at 6 now, checked in around 10 days out), and today I got an email to "check and confirm my online check in" whaaat? Called today (4 times, everyone just kept passing me around and nobody answered my question of "what does my reservation say?") and never really found out what was going on...so that's exciting. eh, as long as we get there I guess.

I checked in online a few days ago (I'm at 6 now, checked in around 10 days out), and today I got an email to "check and confirm my online check in" whaaat? Called today (4 times, everyone just kept passing me around and nobody answered my question of "what does my reservation say?") and never really found out what was going on...so that's exciting. eh, as long as we get there I guess.
That is really just a "double" check to make sure you have everything in place for direct to room. If you have it all, they will text your room # to you on your check in date when your room is ready and you can just go straight to your room :)

Just a quick update on crowds and I thought I would share a little more info on rooms 5128 & 5129 in case someone was planning on requesting them.
The beds in 5129 are MUCH better than 5128. Especially the bed closest to the door. Both are good but the one by the door is super comfy. The bed closest to the restroom in 5128 is good but the one by the door is HORRIBLE! It is totally broke down and your can feel every spring. We LOVE the location and would definitely request this area again!
Thursday we were at Hollywood studios and never stood in line longer than 10 minutes. We RD TS and then did it again with FP+. It broke down several times during the day. We did RnR 2nd and then single rider. After that we just winged it and it seemed to work great. They crowd level was a 4 on TP but we didn't feel crowded at all. FYI: they opened all the RD at 8:45!
Epcot yesterday morning till 2p and again, the crowds were super low. RD test track and we were off and on in 10 min. Soarin' had a 25 min wait when we left but we had to get to the MVMCP so we left and have FP for tomorrow but all the other rides were walk on.
MVMCP was amazing. Everything was a walk on except 7DMT and it was 30 min at the highest. We rode just about every ride and watched wishes and the parade. It did not sell out so I know that helped. The buses have been great, even getting back from the party! Gotta go, AK today and looks like the crowds are getting heavier based on the lines in the food court :crazy2:
And a picture to share till I return [GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY]

Generally speaking, yes. You can, of course, get noisy neighbors anywhere.

That said, we had two stays at All Star Sports facing the Homerun Hotel pool and it didn't bother us at all. (2nd floor)
We also stayed at Pop just a few feet away from the Hippy Dippy pool and were fine. But, it was February and it was cold. People were really only swimming mid-day.

If you are like us and tend to get up early and stay up fairly late, and don't need silence to sleep, then it shouldn't be an issue. If you are all light sleepers and/or traveling with a little one who will be napping in the room (especially during warmer months) then I would not want a pool view.

Overall, IMO, I would not pay extra for a pool view. (This is true of any resort, not just POP) If I happened to be put in one, I don't think it would be a problem for my particular family.

I do not have any photos of our room, so I'll start out with that :)

We were in room 8255 of the 90s building #8. It was a 2nd floor standard room and super close to the parking lot by the cell phone stairs. It worked out great because we had rented a car. I had requested lake view/ground floor, but had also checked "early check-in" so we got what was available by noon on check-in day. It was a really nice and quiet part of the resort! We didn't get a chance to even walk the entire resort. It is quite a walk to Classic Hall - so if your room is this far out, just beware.

Room was fine for 3 of us - 2 adults and 1 child, who had a blow-up Shrunks toddler mattress. It was a tight fit, but no issues.

No mousekeeping issues either. We requested extra blankets for my kiddo and they were brought up while we were at the park the first night.

We enjoyed our stay and found the food court/main building to be great - just crowded (of course)! I had received a text upon our flight landing that our room was ready and we could bypass the front desk. It worked to get us into our room, but unfortunately our magic bands did NOT work for dining credits/purchases. They said the CC wasn't attached to the bands, although it showed up on MDE. We had to sort it back out the next morning (didn't find all that out until we got to the park). Minor, really. No problems with it working after that.

Had a great trip!

Approx times (on Disney buses)

To MK: 22 min
To Hollywood Studios: 15 min
To AK: 20 min
To Epcot: 15 min

You can check out this website for other routes. http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.Vk-azHarTcs
This web link is also found in the transportation post #4. :)
That time for MK seems long but then you have to think about time to park, walk to a tram and ride a tram and then take the monorail or ferry. Or at least I need to think about that. :)

This is what I'm worried about. We have a trip planned for Jan. 24-31 at Pop Century. We are staying in a preferred room but I'm nervous about the noise and the amount of people that will be at Pop. We are planning on having quite a bit of down time at the resort. I really want to try Pop but maybe this is not the trip to try it. I may have to try to convince my husband to spend an extra 300-400 dollars to stay at a moderate so we don't have to worry about the 15's but I think I would want to stay at CBR then and I heard the 15's are at CBR. Augh, I hope this doesn't ruin our trip.

We're going to be at Pop during the same time frame and this will also be our first trip in January. Initially I was concerned about the Fifteens, but in all honesty there's always some kind of issue no matter when you go, be it weather, large groups (cheerleaders, South American tour groups, etc.) or huge crowds. We decided to just go and make the best of it. I don't think switching to a moderate will necessary change anything because I believe they also stay in the mods, and you'll still have to deal with them in the parks. If it turns out the Fifteens are an issue we don't want to deal with, then we'll know not to visit at this time of year again. Good luck to us both!

We're going to be at Pop during the same time frame and this will also be our first trip in January. Initially I was concerned about the Fifteens, but in all honesty there's always some kind of issue no matter when you go, be it weather, large groups (cheerleaders, South American tour groups, etc.) or huge crowds. We decided to just go and make the best of it. I don't think switching to a moderate will necessary change anything because I believe they also stay in the mods, and you'll still have to deal with them in the parks. If it turns out the Fifteens are an issue we don't want to deal with, then we'll know not to visit at this time of year again. Good luck to us both!

That's kind of the way I'm thinking but I'm also watching for deals on renting DVC points for Saratoga Springs. Idk if there is a studio still open at that resort but if I can get a studio for a low $ per point then I might switch us to there. Saratoga is a bit a way from all the parks but I've stayed their many times and it is nice.

I really want to try Pop but the 15's are scaring me from that. My husband isn't a big disney fan so I need to make the trip enjoyable for him and I am concerned that it will be overrun by the 15's. If they are well behaved then I don't mind there being many kids but it is the loud, obnoxious, and/or lack of manners that I'm concerned with. If it was just me going then I wouldn't think twice but I need to keep my husband happy too.

Here now at pop waiting for magical express to take us to the airport.
Great stay at pop...great time at parks
Seem more crowded than I expected
Rope drop every day..three pre opening breakfasts at be our guest( with one pre opening ride on seven dwarves each time)..wait was at 30 minutes by five or so
Had fast pass for ir later everyday......all in all a great time

Here now at pop waiting for magical express to take us to the airport.
Great stay at pop...great time at parks
Seem more crowded than I expected
Rope drop every day..three pre opening breakfasts at be our guest( with one pre opening ride on seven dwarves each time)..wait was at 30 minutes by five or so
Had fast pass for ir later everyday......all in all a great time
What parks have you been at the past 2 days. We were at RD at HS on Thursday and RD at Epcot yesterday and we felt it was extremely low crowds all day. The MVMCP was also really low crowds. Most all rides were walk ons except 7DMT and PP. Just wondering since you felt it was more crowded which parks you had visited the past couple days.

We were at epcot yesterday ...guess we have different opinions...we went in 2013 at same time and crowds were lower
Then again it was our ninth day .... we were very tired and left at three and went to boardwalk

I stayed in the 80s section last year, room was pool view (the computer pool), and I didn't hear any noise from the pool, while in my room.

I stayed in the 80s section last year, room was pool view (the computer pool), and I didn't hear any noise from the pool, while in my room.
This is my first stay at POP, we have booked preferred and I wasn't sure if we should request Not to be by the pool. The pool rooms by the main pool seem very close to the bus stop, but I was a little concerned about the noise. However, we will be there Jan 28-feb 3, so there may not be a lot of swimming, due to weather

This is my first stay at POP, we have booked preferred and I wasn't sure if we should request Not to be by the pool. The pool rooms by the main pool seem very close to the bus stop, but I was a little concerned about the noise. However, we will be there Jan 28-feb 3, so there may not be a lot of swimming, due to weather
Unless you've booked a "preferred pool" room, you shouldn't be by the pool. The preferred rooms in the 60's are on the backside of the pool.

When I went last December, had a "preferred" room booked. By the time I checked in, around 6pm, they said there weren't any preferred rooms left, so they gave me a pool-view room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!