Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We requested a 50s lakeview room, too (standard).
What building are you in?[/QUOTE
We're in building 3 facing the Hourglass Lake, it's a nice quiet location. Not the closest to the bus stops , but only about 5 min. walk. So far we're enjoying our stay.:-)

We experienced PW during a trip in December 2006. While they weren't staying at our resort, (POFQ) some of them were staying at POR and there was a couple of times the resorts shared buses. Once we got under way, they would start a cheer at the top of their lungs that continued all the way to the park. My ears were ringing! There were a few little ones on the bus that were covering their ears and crying. I couldn't help thinking that if any child was on the autism spectrum, that environment would probably be toxic to them. The bus driver didn't say a thing about it and their so-called chaperones did nothing either. As a matter of fact, one time the adult with them actually started it. UGH! We also encountered large groups of them at Downtown Disney who were acting equally obnoxious. Hopefully they're not all like that, but the groups we encountered certainly lived up to their bad reputation.
I can assure you they are not all like that, but as with any group there will be some that will ruin it for others. I was at POR in 2005 and 2006 with the PW cheerleaders and there were groups that did do the chanting on the bus and, as a fellow cheer mom, it annoyed me as well. Just so you know we are not all obnoxious. For the most part they should have curfews because they still have practice an d competition to go to. In my experience many participants just stayed for their mandatory 3 days. While at the resort, if they are being too loud complain. One night there were a group of teenagers outside my room in the courtyard being extremely loud. Security came right away, turns out they were the siblings of the participants and one of them was my cousin. LOL.

I can assure you they are not all like that, but as with any group there will be some that will ruin it for others. I was at POR in 2005 and 2006 with the PW cheerleaders and there were groups that did do the chanting on the bus and, as a fellow cheer mom, it annoyed me as well. Just so you know we are not all obnoxious. For the most part they should have curfews because they still have practice an d competition to go to. In my experience many participants just stayed for their mandatory 3 days. While at the resort, if they are being too loud complain. One night there were a group of teenagers outside my room in the courtyard being extremely loud. Security came right away, turns out they were the siblings of the participants and one of them was my cousin. LOL.

I figured there must be some groups that weren't like that, we just had the bad luck of encountering only the rowdy ones. As I mentioned, they weren't staying at POFQ so we never ran into them at our resort, only on the buses a few times and once at Downtown Disney. It's a shame that these bad pennies paint the whole group with the same brush, but as unfair as it is, for us it certainly created a bad impression of PW in general.

Today we head home. (Boo!) I've really enjoyed our stay at Pop and would definitely stay here again! It's a busy resort but that's ok with me. We were second floor 70s section and it's been so quiet and a quick walk to the main building and buses. Perfect!

We will be sleeping at POP tonight!!! :jumping1:(well....................whenever we get there :rotfl:). Our flight doesn't land until 12:02am tomorrow morning, so hopefully we will be at POP by 2-2:30am :faint: )

We got our email to let us know that we have direct to room access and we have already gotten our first room text this morning at 7am telling us "Your room isn't quite ready. We'll send another message when it is available"!

We're in building 3 facing the Hourglass Lake, it's a nice quiet location. Not the closest to the bus stops , but only about 5 min. walk. So far we're enjoying our stay.:-)

Love this location!

Have a great trip! Enjoy MVMCP.. it's been almost 2 years for us... hoping to get back to see the Halloween party next year. :flower3:

Last edited:
We will be sleeping at POP tonight!!! :jumping1:(well....................whenever we get there :rotfl:). Our flight doesn't land until 12:02am tomorrow morning, so hopefully we will be at POP by 2-2:30am :faint: )

We got our email to let us know that we have direct to room access and we have already gotten our first room text this morning at 7am telling us "Your room isn't quite ready. We'll send another message when it is available"!

Awesome! 2:30 am is a little early, but hey it's Disney right?? enjoy!

How long do you stay? Have a wonderful time!

How exciting!! Please let us know if you get your room requests and any other updates you'd like to share. Have a magical trip!

I know there are other threads about this but I haven't seen anything updated lately..anyone who's in the magic right now heard anything about Jedi Training Academy *POSSIBLY* opening up like...2 days early? haha DS-turning-10's bday is on nov 30, which has been our DHS day FOR JTA, and they were saying "closed through 1Dec" :scared: So just curious if there's any weird possibility that it's opening again sooner. Many thanks for anyone who can shed a glimmer of hope :)

How exciting! I hope you have a very magical trip! We'll be looking forward to hearing about your stay at POP! :goodvibes

Awesome! 2:30 am is a little early, but hey it's Disney right?? enjoy!

Exactly!!! It's Disney!!!:banana:

How long do you stay? Have a wonderful time!

We will be there until next Wednesday, we fly out at 7:10pm. :thanks:

How exciting!! Please let us know if you get your room requests and any other updates you'd like to share. Have a magical trip!

We leave tonight at 8:30 (landing at midnight) and we already have our room assignment text and we got all 3 of our room requests!

Our main request was connecting rooms with our daughters family(added to our original reservation). We are celebrating my son in laws birthday while we are there and they have a couple of date nights planned so we wanted to be able to stay connected with the girls while they are out. We also requested 60's and ground floor.

During our MDE on line check in, I showed our check in as "after midnight" and we both checked 60's and ground floor for our requests. First thing this morning, my daughter and I both got a 7am text that said -Your room isn't quite ready but we will text you as soon as they are. My daughter called me at 11am to let me know she had gotten her room assignment already! Room 5128. I knew this was a connecting room so I was excited and hoping that we would be the connecting room. I got my text at 1:30 and just as we had hope, our room assignment was 5129. We can not be more please and excited!:jumping1:

How exciting! I hope you have a very magical trip! We'll be looking forward to hearing about your stay at POP! :goodvibes

We are going through a complete reorganization at our office :faint: and I am sooooo needing this trip to my happy place (first stop......Splash mountain!):dance3:

SPOERLX3 - Yeah! on the connecting rooms! And I so love the 60's.

Enjoy and have a magical time and forget all about work!

@SPOERLX3 - I'm so glad to hear that you got your connecting rooms. Have an awesome vacation!
Thanks bunches! We are super excited!
SPOERLX3 - Yeah! on the connecting rooms! And I so love the 60's.

Enjoy and have a magical time and forget all about work!
I promise to forget about work for about 10 days :)
We are so excited to get to stay in the 60's! This is our 9th trip to POP and we have never stayed in the 60's!! Super excited!

During our MDE on line check in, I showed our check in as "after midnight" and we both checked 60's and ground floor for our requests. First thing this morning, my daughter and I both got a 7am text that said -Your room isn't quite ready but we will text you as soon as they are. My daughter called me at 11am to let me know she had gotten her room assignment already! Room 5128. I knew this was a connecting room so I was excited and hoping that we would be the connecting room. I got my text at 1:30 and just as we had hope, our room assignment was 5129. We can not be more please and excited!:jumping1:

Congratulations on getting all of your requests!! And an awesome location to boot!!! Have fun!

Hey guys!

couple questions for you, I booked my 9 night stay at pop last night and I'm not seeing the link to add in requests.. I haven't been since May so I wasn't sure if things have changed as far as location requests go?

The gf (who is going for her first trip) is really set on a king size bed, I'm not sure how easily that is obtained at Pop? or what buildings have kings?

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter