Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it easy and relatively quick (faster than driving our own car) to get from Pop to Disney Springs? We'll be there Christmas week. How long is the drive? This is our first time staying at Pop and from what I've read, we are going to love it!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But there is a lot of construction going on and traffic was a nightmare when we went last trip. As I understand it is still going on and traffic is still pretty bad at Disney Springs. Buses seem to do better than cars.

Last edited:
Just back from our first stay at POP. I got all the requests I asked for. We were put in a very nice location. 70's lake view, 4th floor, building 6. We got the very last room on the back corner. It was very quiet location.

Sounds perfect! We were in a similar room last trip. With our FD package this time, we have a preferred room -- so I can't get lake view again :((

How long can I reasonably expect bell services to hold my grocery delivery for me? I ordered for 3-5pm delivery time, then found Ohana reservation for 5pm on arrival day so we will have to head to the polynesian rather than waiting around the resort as I had planned. I can't get a later delivery time now, only earlier. Should I move the delivery time up in hopes our room is available before "official" check in, or leave the time as is and hope they can keep the cold stuff cold until we get back from dinner...

They will hold your grocery order (and keep it cold) for at least 4 days, so I think you're good! :thumbsup2 Don't ask how I know this.:rolleyes1

I keep hearing that the bus service from Pop is really good. Does that seem to be the case still? I really like the PO resorts but the bus service is pretty awful and good service would be a nice change.

I keep hearing that the bus service from Pop is really good. Does that seem to be the case still? I really like the PO resorts but the bus service is pretty awful and good service would be a nice change.
A lot of it comes down to timing. POP has always seemed generally better to me than the other values (all stars) or places like PO where there might be more than one internal stop. If you're there during a busy time of day, you'll find potentially long lines. They do, however, seem to send buses quite frequently to get rid of the long lines (and the larger articulated buses for MK), but there's a good chance you'll end up standing in that case, which isn't so bad from Epcot and DHS, but it's not so fun from MK. There are definitely those time (around park closing) where you could end up waiting a good 30 minutes to finally board, which I don't think is as much of a problem at the smaller resorts. And like anywhere, there are the random "glitches" in the system where 20 minutes might pass and not a single bus will show up for the destination you're waiting for.

But the good is that there's just one stop for POP, unlike some other resorts that might have multiple stops. And if you're travelling to/from POP during "off hours" (not park opening/closing), you'll get relatively good service. Travel time to/from Epcot and DHS is quite short, and POP also has the advantage that if you happen to see an Art of Animation bus (or a short line at the AoA stop) you can just hop that bus and walk across the bridge. Depending on what building you're in at POP it can be quite a walk (not extreme but not short, either), and even if it doesn't save that much time or effort, it just feels less annoying because you're doing something rather than standing in a line waiting for a bus.

I think wherever you stay there can be frustrating elements to the bus system, so I don't think there's any "ideal" resort for bus service.

Last edited:

Pop has the best bus service I've ever experienced at any resort. By best, I mean most frequent. Yes, lines can get long quickly, (mostly in the morning heading to parks) but I'd rather stand on a bus heading to a park then stand in line waiting for a bus.

Buses come frequently in the middle of the day as well. :)

I don't think you would be saving any time. A taxi will let you off at the TTC and from there you have to get the monorail or ferry. Alternately, you can get the taxi to let you off at the Contemporary but you will be held up at the gate there to show ID and then you have to walk to MK.

My DH and I did the Behind the Steam tour in early September. We took a cab to the Contemporary (sorry don't know the cost as OKW provided us with a free taxi voucher...pixie dust moment). We didn't have to show anything at the gate. The cab drive I believe just show them, something, perhaps is taxi id?? The walk over was maybe 10 minutes.

Any idea how busy POP is going to be for the RUN disney event on November 7th? Im curious after reading it was the event resort on some other post

I know this is crazy, but even though we have book (and already paid for) a preferred room - if we asked for a lake view, will they give us one if its available? That is a gorgeous view.

Unfortunately they won't downgrade you if you are booked at a higher level. Even if it is your request.
Have you tried to downgrade to a standard room?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But there is a lot of construction going on and traffic was a nightmare when we went last trip. As I understand it is still going on and traffic is still pretty bad at Disney Springs. Buses seem to do better than cars.
@AEB123 The trip from Pop Century to Disney Springs is not too bad at all by car, and it is the same route by bus (we just did the car this past Friday). Parking might be different at Christmas week with last minute shoppers. You travel quickly and on Buena Vista Drive right up the ramp to the Orange Parking Garage near Cirque and Disney Quest. There are signs saying how many open spots on each deck, how many spots on each row, and a green light above any parking space that is open. Simple. But this puts you furthest away from the current Disney bus drop off which is near the Marketplace area, think World of Disney end.

Bus service is generally the same hit or miss regardless of where you stay. Since it is a value resort there is the chance for an accordion style bus trailer, which increases the capacity of riders. We did find that there is no direct covering of the queue line at Pop Century. They did have a covered waiting area, but you were not in line. Last week it was absolutely a hot mess waiting for a bus to take us to Mickey's Not So Scary party while dressed up. Can't imagine with the rain.

OK, so I decided to go for it and booked 4 nights at Pop. Any hints or advice? I was hoping to request a top floor room but Disney's website didn't offer that option. So far everything else is working great otherwise. :)

OK, so I decided to go for it and booked 4 nights at Pop. Any hints or advice? I was hoping to request a top floor room but Disney's website didn't offer that option. So far everything else is working great otherwise. :)
You should be able to make that request when you do online check in.
Have a great trip!

Top floor is 4th floor. Here are the options you will have during on line check in:
x892hl.png

If you plan on taking mid-day breaks or otherwise want quiet during the day, you do not want to face the pool, specifically the Hippy Dippy in the 60s section. There are events in the afternoon with music and it can be quite loud, even with doors shut.

I was thinking that I could request top floor and 4th floor to cover my bases. What exactly is landscape view? I bet that lake view is in high demand.

Landscape means you wont have a full on view of the lake/pool or the parking lot. You usually overlook grass/trees/plant beds, walkways and maybe face another building.

Without a balcony I think the any 'view' is pretty much a waste of an upgrade if you're paying more, but I have done landscape view requests before if I was looking for a specific location (like I knew my building was likely going to be very close to traffic but a landscape view on the back of the building would be quieter). I'm standard this trip and since I have two requests that are more important to me I will take whatever view I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter