Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be doing pre-opening breakfasts for the first time .Breakfast is 8:10 am Be Our Guest with 9am opening.
What time should webe at bus stop ?
6: 30 too early ?

We will be doing pre-opening breakfasts for the first time .Breakfast is 8:10 am Be Our Guest with 9am opening.

For an 8am BOG breakfast, I took an MK bus from Pop at (arrived 7:04am, sat briefly waiting at Pop, then departed) and I was inside the MK entry area at 7:30am. Those with pre-opening ADRs were let into MK just before 7:45am.

For an 8am BOG breakfast, I took an MK bus from Pop at (arrived 7:04am, sat briefly waiting at Pop, then departed) and I was inside the MK entry area at 7:30am. Those with pre-opening ADRs were let into MK just before 7:45am.

I agree, we were at the bus stop at 7am for an 8:05am pre-opening breakfast at AK Tusker House. We waited for about 5 minutes for a bus, got to AK at aprx 7:25 and they let us in at 7:45am.

Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes to make it to your ADR. Usually less is fine, but there are times when it is not. A poster just yesterday was at their bus stop almost 90 minutes ahead of time and barely made their ADR. Unfortunately there still is no way to predict when you will be fine with an hour ahead, and when it won't be enough time.

Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes to make it to your ADR. Usually less is fine, but there are times when it is not. A poster just yesterday was at their bus stop almost 90 minutes ahead of time and barely made their ADR. Unfortunately there still is no way to predict when you will be fine with an hour ahead, and when it won't be enough time.

The only time we allowed 90 minutes, getting to the bus stop at 6:30, for an 8am ressie, we waited at the bus stop for 35 minutes for a bus. However, this was in September of last year and 90 minutes may a great idea during a busy time.

:banana:Too soon for the October movie and activities schedule?

(IDK why, but on my phone I can only insert smilies at the beginning of a post, but it was warranted, cause we arrive in 20 days!)

Now they've not only changed the name of this thread a couple of times they've also moved it and all the other FAQ threads back to the Resorts forum from the Resorts Community forum. The Community forum also had a recent name change. It used to be longer. I don't understand the need to fix something that isn't broken.

Oh my gosh, I have been reading this thread and am so excited. My husband, kids and grandkids are staying at POP in January! We have never stayed here and it looks so fun! We are booked standard pool but I really don't care one way or the other where we stay. We cant wait to go as a big family, I hope they can keep our three rooms close. I don't expect miracles but Im hoping they are somewhat close. Thanks for all the great tips so far, Im taking them all in!!!

I've been scanning through this thread, and am so happy to see so much love for POP. I really feel like I've made a good choice. My sister and I will be taking my nephew who will be turning 5 in January. We aren't telling him till his birthday...hopefully we can keep the secret that long!!

Checking into POP for the first time Oct. 11th. We rent a car and normally drive to the parks except for maybe MK. My question is...we are going to AK late morning one day and the park closes at 6pm...we were going to go to Disney Springs and have a 7:30 ADR at Rainforest Cafe. Should we drive to AK and then to Disney Springs or take the bus? Just wondering if we take a bus back to POP after the park closes at 6 and then get a bus to Disney Springs from POP..will we have time for this? Thanks!

Does anyone decorate their windows or doors anymore? My last few stays at the All Stars I haven't seen any decorations. Do they do more of that at the Pop?

I do and will when I'm at POP last week of Oct. Look for the white and green ghosts if anyone is there then.

Does anyone decorate their windows or doors anymore? My last few stays at the All Stars I haven't seen any decorations. Do they do more of that at the Pop?
We see lots of window decorations all the time at Pop. :)
Kids also leave their Duffy's or princesses in the windows too.

Nice! I think a trip to Walgreens is in order for some window clings. Usually they carry some Disney ones.:)

Reading this thread has me really excited about our stay. We stayed onsite in 2014 at AOA in a Lion King Suite. It was fantastic but this time it will only be DD16 and me. I'm a bit nervous about the weather in January as I have seen that the weather can be all over the place and we are driving from NC. Here's hoping for a mild winter and good January weather. Anyone else going in January? Our dates are January 16-20. Just a short trip after my DD finishes her 1st semester of her junior year of HS. She's taking chemistry and a pretty hard math class so I think it will be a great celebration for the end of these tough classes. Can't wait! I think we will love Pop!

Reading this thread has me really excited about our stay. We stayed onsite in 2014 at AOA in a Lion King Suite. It was fantastic but this time it will only be DD16 and me. I'm a bit nervous about the weather in January as I have seen that the weather can be all over the place and we are driving from NC. Here's hoping for a mild winter and good January weather. Anyone else going in January? Our dates are January 16-20. Just a short trip after my DD finishes her 1st semester of her junior year of HS. She's taking chemistry and a pretty hard math class so I think it will be a great celebration for the end of these tough classes. Can't wait! I think we will love Pop!

We're going in January, arriving on the 19th! We've stayed at POFQ several times recently and this will be our first stay at POP since 2005. We're really looking forward to it!! I remember it being very fun with great CM's. We've never been at WDW in January before, this will be a first for us and I really don't know what to expect as far as weather goes but are hoping for the best. We went during the first week of December a number of years ago and I remember most days being pleasant with cool mornings and warm afternoons. Some evenings were cold though (especially in Epcot) and I remember wishing I had packed my scarf and gloves. I'll be doing that this year, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!