Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a weird question, but will the Concierge desk at Pop help you purchase Universal tickets the night before you want to go?
No, they only sell Tickets to Disney parks

Does anyone know if they have hard boiled eggs available at the food court?
They are (were) packaged in sets of 2.

I just booked POP for a long weekend in Dec. The hubs and I are going to see the Osborne lights. This will be our 4th stay at POP and I have another trip planned in March with my DD. Most likely we will end up at POP again....to avoid the teams at the other resorts.
Teams are sometimes placed at POP. So don't think that will totally keep you away from them. POP is the closest resort to the WWoS complex btw.

I thought 'use at your own risk' wasn't allowed anymore, and that you could only swim during the posted hours?
They no longer allow swimming when the pools are closed. And if there is no guard on duty, the pool is closed.

I am curious about this too. I originally booked preferred pool view at POP and it said it would either be 2 double beds or a king bed room. I read some posts saying that it's hard to get one of the king rooms. That lead me to book a king room at CBR. I currently hold both reservations and need to choose between them soon. If I know there is a good shot at getting the king at POP, I'm going to keep POP. It's just hubby and me.
Preferred pool view king rooms are super super scarce. If you really want a king room, I wouldn't book a preferred pool view room at POP!!!!

Just to confirm, the refillable mug is sold at only one price (mug + refills), which I think is currently $16.49 plus tax.
Unless I've missed something, the last major room refurb project at Pop was during 2010. Like all/most Disney resorts, since that time the bedding soft goods have been switched from bedspreads to sheets and a themed throw. And as mentioned above, the room conditions should still be good. In my experience, the building 1 room I had this July was in very good shape.

We just paid $16.99 plus tax earlier this month for the mugs.

We just booked at POP and it will be the first time we stayed at a value resort but I'm super excited. WE are going Jan. 24-31. We booked Pool Standard but now I'm thinking we should downgrade to just standard. My husband is 6'6 and we are hoping for some pixie dust to get a King bed room. If not we will just squish in the double bed or if it is really uncomfortable sleep in separate beds. Is it possible to push the beds together to make one big bed? My husband wanted pool view so he could look out the window and see if pool is busy or not before deciding if going :rolleyes2

How far is it on average between standard pool view and the bus stop and food? I'm trying to decide if I should convince my husband to just go with preferred view…would either category give us a better chance of getting a king bed?

We just booked at POP and it will be the first time we stayed at a value resort but I'm super excited. WE are going Jan. 24-31. We booked Pool Standard but now I'm thinking we should downgrade to just standard. My husband is 6'6 and we are hoping for some pixie dust to get a King bed room. If not we will just squish in the double bed or if it is really uncomfortable sleep in separate beds. Is it possible to push the beds together to make one big bed? My husband wanted pool view so he could look out the window and see if pool is busy or not before deciding if going :rolleyes2

How far is it on average between standard pool view and the bus stop and food? I'm trying to decide if I should convince my husband to just go with preferred view…would either category give us a better chance of getting a king bed?

The beds cannot be pushed together.

If a king room is most important, I would book a standard room. That is where there are the most king rooms and it will by far, give you the best chance. Standard views can be LOVELY!!!! Generally the quiet pools which are the ones in the 50's and the 80's/90's aren't all that busy. Not to say there can't be an exception, but they generally don't get the traffic that the hippy dippy pool gets.
Hope you have a great trip!

If a king room is most important, I would book a standard room. That is where there are the most king rooms and it will by far, give you the best chance. Standard views can be LOVELY!!!! Generally the quiet pools which are the ones in the 50's and the 80's/90's aren't all that busy. Not to say there can't be an exception, but they generally don't get the traffic that the hippy dippy pool gets.

I agree, and call and make king bed your one and only request on your reservation.
We have been successful getting a king bed about 50% of the time.
We have been most successful not adding any other requests so the room assigner has every available king room to choose from when they assign your room.

All preferred rooms and preferred pool rooms are going to get you closest to food and buses.
Here is a map with the room categories highlighted that gives you an idea of what area's would be best for your family.

http://s962.photobucket.com/user/braverman4/media/POP Century Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html

Thanks for this! Our TA just moved us from standard to standard pool view for the RO discount in January ($6!) and now I know what it means!

Can you pick up your HDDR tickets from the concierge at POP? It's our first time doing HDDR and I'm not sure where to pick them up. TIA

Thanks for this! Our TA just moved us from standard to standard pool view for the RO discount in January ($6!) and now I know what it means!

You are welcome!!! Check out all the great info on the 1st post of this thread.
Janet B did a GREAT job putting it together and it has soooo much info, maps and pictures!
Congrats on the upgrade! Standard pool view will get you in buildings 1, 2 or 3 in the 50's or in buildings 7, 8 or 9 in the 80's/90's section (personnaly, I would request 50's :goodvibes ). When you do on-line check in, you can choose 2 items:

x892hl.png

I would choose 50's and then maybe a floor preference :thumbsup2 The theme in the 50's is soooo cute (but I am a Lady & the tramp fan).

You are welcome!!! Check out all the great info on the 1st post of this thread.
Janet B did a GREAT job putting it together and it has soooo much info, maps and pictures!
Congrats on the upgrade! Standard pool view will get you in buildings 1, 2 or 3 in the 50's or in buildings 7, 8 or 9 in the 80's/90's section (personnaly, I would request 50's :goodvibes ). When you do on-line check in, you can choose 2 items:

x892hl.png

I would choose 50's and then maybe a floor preference :thumbsup2 The theme in the 50's is soooo cute (but I am a Lady & the tramp fan).

Oh, yes, I read that first post when we booked at Pop but, eh, Standard Room, I'll end up wherever. My only request is always NO CONNECTING ROOMS. Then I'll take whatever comes. I know, right? How un-DISboards of me (it happens, occasionally. Shhh.)

Oh, yes, I read that first post when we booked at Pop but, eh, Standard Room, I'll end up wherever. My only request is always NO CONNECTING ROOMS. Then I'll take whatever comes. I know, right? How un-DISboards of me (it happens, occasionally. Shhh.)

That's okay I'm probably the only person to actually question getting a King room. It never fails at any hotel, I get 'upgraded' to a king, but it's the King Handicap and I loathe the roll in handicap showers. LOL

I'm not real fond of connecting doorways either.

That's okay I'm probably the only person to actually question getting a King room. It never fails at any hotel, I get 'upgraded' to a king, but it's the King Handicap and I loathe the roll in handicap showers. LOL

I'm not real fond of connecting doorways either.

It never fails. If we get a connecting room, we get an Evil Family. I never see these families in the parks or anything... just, usually... in January, for example, the connecting room Evil Family decided to chew their son out at 7am for having lost his sweater the night before at the top of their lungs. We... got a new room. Haha.

We got our Mickey Mail yesterday - Magic Bands and matching Luggage Tags :) It sure put into perspective how little time we have left until we go and how I'd better get my butt in gear and finish crossing things off my to-do list!

Does anyone know if there is space in the room for a camping style cot - approximately 28"-30" wide? Our son (16) and daughter (13) do NOT want to share a bed this trip, go figure ;)

We got our Mickey Mail yesterday - Magic Bands and matching Luggage Tags :) It sure put into perspective how little time we have left until we go and how I'd better get my butt in gear and finish crossing things off my to-do list!

Yikes! Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to book my ME! :upsidedow

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide what is more important to me, the king bed or being close to food and busses (part of me wants to upgrade to preferred pool). I know the King bed would be better for comfort if my husband and I sleep together but I'm sure we can also deal with one week of not sleeping in the same bed.

I called on Monday and saved $258.75 off our room-only reservation for a standard room at Pop next January. I also followed the advice I was given here and requested 70's, lake view, top floor. We're hoping for a nice, quiet room location and I'm really hoping I get at least one of those requests, fingers crossed!

ok, I have to say that this thread's title (and all the other resort threads' titles) being changed to 'social club' just totally threw me off for a minute!

that said, my DH asked me today, after I had mentioned it to him awhile back (based off of some menu somewhere) if Pop does in fact have scones in the food court for breakfast. Has anyone seen them lately? I was looking at the recent easywdw (I think) post about the Pop food court and was trying to look at the pic posted of the pastry case, but didn't see anything that could pass as a scone.

ok, I have to say that this thread's title (and all the other resort threads' titles) being changed to 'social club' just totally threw me off for a minute!

that said, my DH asked me today, after I had mentioned it to him awhile back (based off of some menu somewhere) if Pop does in fact have scones in the food court for breakfast. Has anyone seen them lately? I was looking at the recent easywdw (I think) post about the Pop food court and was trying to look at the pic posted of the pastry case, but didn't see anything that could pass as a scone.
Social Club really threw me for a loop too! Love that we have this thread though to keep up with all things Pop!

Hi all! I've been reading this thread some and recently booked my first stay at Pop for January 16-20. When I called, they only had preferred rooms available for my dates. I wanted a standard but it was either a preferred room at Movies or Pop, so I went with preferred at Pop. The only room request I made was for a top floor. I am wondering what section I should request when I do online check-in. I want to be in a quiet area and don't want to have to walk through the smoking area (I saw that mentioned here). Any suggestions? If I really want the top floor, should I even make any other requests? I saw that the 70's might be good for quiet since there is no pool? I have also seen that there is a good chance there will be tour groups there during our visit. We have been twice in July and know what the tour groups are like. This is our first January trip. It will be just me and my DD16.

And I love the new thread name! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter