Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wrote myself a note in my calendar! I just don't want to "deal with this" after I get there! So I'm glad to have a plan of action ready to go beforehand!
Just something to add too...

I had requested the 60s building (we also had preferred room) for our trip which took place a few weeks ago. On the magical express I received a text and email that our room was ready... in the 70s building. The text included a phone number for any questions. I called while on the bus and explained I know requests are not guaranteed but thought I’d just double check if any availability in 60s building. I said if not, totally fine, but wanted to double check. She was super nice and told me she’d ask a room assignor and call me back. Within 5 minutes she called back and had a room in 60s. So keep in mind not guaranteed but worth a shot.

I had requested the 60s building (we also had preferred room) for our trip which took place a few weeks ago. On the magical express I received a text and email that our room was ready... in the 70s building. The text included a phone number for any questions. I called while on the bus and explained I know requests are not guaranteed but thought I’d just double check if any availability in 60s building. I said if not, totally fine, but wanted to double check. She was super nice and told me she’d ask a room assignor and call me back. Within 5 minutes she called back and had a room in 60s. So keep in mind not guaranteed but worth a shot.
Done this MANY times with great results-the Room Assignors are wonderful at going the extra mile(There are times when there is just nothing they can do.)

We have even changed rooms after the first night when nothing was available on Check-in day.

Is it common to walk over to Art of Animation while staying at Pop to check it out?
EXTREMELY common and vice versa!

Many Guests dine at both Resorts,shop at both Resorts,etc.(Just no Pool sharing).

When returning to POP from DAK or MK we usually just hop on whichever Resorts' bus comes first. :)

The history of Pop Century and what was originally planned for the current AoA location is an interesting read.
Disney’s Pop Century Legendary Years - The Resort That Never Was (worldabandoned.com)

EXTREMELY common and vice versa!

Many Guests dine at both Resorts,shop at both Resorts,etc.(Just no Pool sharing).

When returning to POP from DAK or MK we usually just hop on whichever Resorts' bus comes first. :)

The history of Pop Century and what was originally planned for the current AoA location is an interesting read.
Disney’s Pop Century Legendary Years - The Resort That Never Was (worldabandoned.com)
We do this as well. Recently skyliner line was crazy long at HS closing so we hopped on an AoA bus (no current Pop bus running at HS). Easy peasy and very relaxing and serene nighttime walk from AoA to our Pop room.

wow! good to know! we land at MCO about 4 pm so I should have my text by then that the room is ready and be able to communicate with PC room assignor if needed while on ME.. We plan to drop our bags at our room and head out to a dinner ressie at the Swan.
Thanks everyone for the wonderful info! LOVE my 'Dis' peeps!

wow! good to know! we land at MCO about 4 pm so I should have my text by then that the room is ready and be able to communicate with PC room assignor if needed while on ME.. We plan to drop our bags at our room and head out to a dinner ressie at the Swan.
Enjoy your trip and safe travels!!:D

Hopefully your room will be ready but there is no guarantee that it will be. Our room has been ready as early as 7:30 in the morning and as late as 7:30 at night. It all depends on turnover numbers and staffing on your arrival day. If your room isn’t ready you can check to see if they have another room you can possibly move to or, drop your bags with luggage services.

We do this as well. Recently skyliner line was crazy long at HS closing so we hopped on an AoA bus (no current Pop bus running at HS). Easy peasy and very relaxing and serene nighttime walk from AoA to our Pop room.

Any idea why they would have buses for AoA and not Pop? That seems odd.

Nobody really knows. The majority of people choose the Skyliner but it is nice to have the option for those who prefer the bus or are unable to ride the Skyliner.

My understanding is that when they built the Skyliner they hoped to reduce the number of buses the road. Offering both bus and Skyliner at both resorts kinda defeats that purpose.

It has to do with Covid times.

My "guess" on this is that when it was just POP open,they were able to "manage" with just Skyliner even though because Skyliner opens much closer to Park Open in Covid World than in normal times,the lines were massive pre Park Open so I assume Disney decided adding ALL of AoA to Skyliner would be too just much "stress" on Covid Skyliner and decided to use buses as away to "siphon" off some of the AoA Guests from Skyliner.

(Just a note,POP Guests can also use the AoA buses if desired.)

Does anyone know if the concierge will print a document for you?

My daughter's college changed their final exam schedule slightly, so she has to take an exam at the beginning of our trip. And I can't change our travel dates. She will have a few hours before the exam to print out the answer sheet, so we are going through our available options. Scanning when she is done can be done with phones. It is the printing that is the challenge.

Does anyone know if the concierge will print a document for you?

My daughter's college changed their final exam schedule slightly, so she has to take an exam at the beginning of our trip. And I can't change our travel dates. She will have a few hours before the exam to print out the answer sheet, so we are going through our available options. Scanning when she is done can be done with phones. It is the printing that is the challenge.
Pop Century actually has a small "Business Center" with a Printer in the Lobby of Classic Hall. :)

It is easy to miss-look to your left right before the Doors that lead out to the Buses(to you right just inside the Doors if coming from the Buses).

Pop Century actually has a small "Business Center" with a Printer in the Lobby of Classic Hall. :)

It is easy to miss-look to your left right before the Doors that lead out to the Buses(to you right just inside the Doors if coming from the Buses).

Good to know! Thanks! It's been a few years since I have stayed at Pop and don't recall seeing this.

How have buses been the past few days? We get there tomorrow, and not quite sure how I want to rope drop the different parks... We will also have a car, but that doesn't seem beneficial. For DHS and DAK, should we be in line by a certain time, or is it better to get there a different way?

Nobody really knows. The majority of people choose the Skyliner but it is nice to have the option for those who prefer the bus or are unable to ride the Skyliner.

My understanding is that when they built the Skyliner they hoped to reduce the number of buses the road. Offering both bus and Skyliner at both resorts kinda defeats that purpose.
I think the larger parties at AoA could be a factor. We rode the AoA bus a few times on our recent Pop trip and as you would expect- there were multi generation families on the AoA buses. Giving them 2 options helps divert some of the Skyliner traffic.

How have buses been the past few days? We get there tomorrow, and not quite sure how I want to rope drop the different parks... We will also have a car, but that doesn't seem beneficial. For DHS and DAK, should we be in line by a certain time, or is it better to get there a different way?
We just got back from a week long trip. The buses were great when we used them, Skyliner was backed up crazy in the mornings though. Animal Kingdom bus line was minimal almost every day. I think many are cutting it out of their trips. Without Festival of the Lion King and the Finding Nemo shows it was a half-day park for us and seemed sort of a waste of a park reservation day. I think you will be fine lining up for the AK bus. Hollywood Studios is another story, we didn't have a car so I can't speak for what time to leave if you are driving but those Skyliner lines crazy. We waited about 45 minutes after we arrived at the Caribbean Beach depot. We weren't even attempting to rope drop that day, so I'm sure the rope drop crowd waited even longer.

We just got back from a week long trip. The buses were great when we used them, Skyliner was backed up crazy in the mornings though. Animal Kingdom bus line was minimal almost every day. I think many are cutting it out of their trips. Without Festival of the Lion King and the Finding Nemo shows it was a half-day park for us and seemed sort of a waste of a park reservation day. I think you will be fine lining up for the AK bus. Hollywood Studios is another story, we didn't have a car so I can't speak for what time to leave if you are driving but those Skyliner lines crazy. We waited about 45 minutes after we arrived at the Caribbean Beach depot. We weren't even attempting to rope drop that day, so I'm sure the rope drop crowd waited even longer.

thanks for the info! Did you use the AoA buses to DHS at all?

thanks for the info! Did you use the AoA buses to DHS at all?
We took the AoA bus to DHS on our first DHS day. We got on immediately and the bus was only half full, but we were not rope dropping that day either. We were at the AoA bus stop at about 10am that day. Buses at Pop and AoA were coming very regularly. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes for any bus the whole trip except for the emergency bus we took from the Boardwalk after the Skyliner broke down when we were in Epcot one evening. While I was glad to not be one of the Skyliner passengers stuck in the sky, waiting in that emergency bus line at Boardwalk with a bunch of half drunk Riviera,Pop,AoA and CBR passengers was no walk in the park. LOL I felt bad for the one little elderly cast member that was trying to handle it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter