Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to ask my TA to note a couple room requests and would like some advice about what exactly to ask for...

For online check-in I was planning on requesting Samoa and balcony, but I would like to make it known somehow that either a balcony OR patio would be lovely, and while Samoa is #1, Niue and Rarotonga would be almost as equally nice.

Basically, how would I note a broader request than the more specific one I will supply at check-in?

"Close to lava pool"?
"Longhouse east of marina"?

FWIW, we are going over the week of Labor Day and have a standard view.

Two quick question about standard poly rooms:

1) How's the in room coffee? Weak? Acceptable? Is there real half and half?

2) Can I request an electric tea kettle for the room or should I just pack my own?

Thanks!

I like the in-room coffee, it's that Joffry's or whatever, not weak. No half and half in the rooms, only one or two of those packages
with a coffee stir, sugar, sweet n low packets. I bring my own half n half.

Thanks for all the great information on this thread. Is there anywhere else to refill the mugs at the Polynesian besides Captain Cooks?

Thanks for all the great information on this thread. Is there anywhere else to refill the mugs at the Polynesian besides Captain Cooks?

It looks like when the new Oasis pool area opens there will be a rapid refill station at the bar & grill area there!

Ok, its another one of those 'what room shall I ask for questions!' - I'm on 64 Days today!

Been looking at all then into on Tikiman, which has been really helpful.

We are standard view, so I know roughly which Longhouses we could be put in/request, however, our number 1 request is that we had a Balcony on the room, not a patio or slide door to nowhere.

My question is, should I be specific on Longhouse as well as asking for a Balcony?, or would that just risk getting no balcony?

TIA :)

We will be checking in for the SW Run Disney races in April so not sure how many nights we will even be up for fireworks but still would like a view of the castle. We are staying in a DVC studio, so not sure if we should request a room closer to TTC. Any room suggestions would be a great help.

I can't help with room suggestions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

What!!! dansdad you always know!!! Thanks for the reply anyway! :goodvibes I'm hoping this will change before our trip!

This made me laugh! I agree, dansdad is very knowledgeable and always gives complete/accurate information ::yes::.

Two quick question about standard poly rooms:

1) How's the in room coffee? Weak? Acceptable? Is there real half and half?

2) Can I request an electric tea kettle for the room or should I just pack my own?

Thanks!

I can't comment on the coffee as I've never made it in the room, but as far as an electric tea kettle, as far as I know, that's not something Disney provides. Hopefully someone else will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong :).

I'd like to ask my TA to note a couple room requests and would like some advice about what exactly to ask for...

For online check-in I was planning on requesting Samoa and balcony, but I would like to make it known somehow that either a balcony OR patio would be lovely, and while Samoa is #1, Niue and Rarotonga would be almost as equally nice.

Basically, how would I note a broader request than the more specific one I will supply at check-in?

"Close to lava pool"?
"Longhouse east of marina"?

FWIW, we are going over the week of Labor Day and have a standard view.

If a balcony or patio is a priority over a longhouse, I'd maybe have your TA list it as "balcony or patio, close to lava pool". That way the room assigner knows what you want and that having a balcony or patio is most important ;).

Ok, its another one of those 'what room shall I ask for questions!' - I'm on 64 Days today!

Been looking at all then into on Tikiman, which has been really helpful.

We are standard view, so I know roughly which Longhouses we could be put in/request, however, our number 1 request is that we had a Balcony on the room, not a patio or slide door to nowhere.

My question is, should I be specific on Longhouse as well as asking for a Balcony?, or would that just risk getting no balcony?

TIA :)

I'd list them both, but list the balcony preference first, followed by the longhouse so the room assigner knows which request is most important :goodvibes.

We just switched from the WL to the Poly for our July trip and are so excited! So, a few questions...

Assuming money wasn't a big part of the equation (not to say it's not, but just wanting preferences not based on $). Would you upgrade to CL or choose to get two connecting rooms for a family of four? Our two year old will still nap during the day, and when we went with our oldest when he was 2, we had a 1br villa and loved being able to watch tv in the living room while he napped and was in bed early each night. But CL does sound nice, too

And do the daybeds have bed rails available?

We just switched from the WL to the Poly for our July trip and are so excited! So, a few questions...

Assuming money wasn't a big part of the equation (not to say it's not, but just wanting preferences not based on $). Would you upgrade to CL or choose to get two connecting rooms for a family of four? Our two year old will still nap during the day, and when we went with our oldest when he was 2, we had a 1br villa and loved being able to watch tv in the living room while he napped and was in bed early each night. But CL does sound nice, too

IMHO, CL! One of the main reasons we enjoy Poly CL so much is for the lounge during naps, early mornings, early bedtimes, etc. The convenience factor for everything from naps to grabbing a quick cup of coffee/water/beer/whatever is HUGE for our style.

Hi. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences on this thread…it is getting me so excited for our September trip!

We will be traveling with my 9yo daughter and her 9 year old cousin. We are planning on cereal for most breakfasts in the room. My question is about the refrigerators: Would there be enough room in the ref. for a gallon of milk (and still be room for some other odds and ends)? Or should we plan on a half gallon and buying more when we are there?

OK, so best to ignore the tick boxes, and do it all in the text box then :)

Thanks @mickeynut1 :genie:

You're welcome :goodvibes.

Keep in mind that if you don't get a room that meets your requests, you can always ask if a different room/longhouse is available. It's not guaranteed your room/location can be changed, but it never hurts to ask! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Only 4 more days. I will be there Friday! :yay:

Have a great trip! :dance3:

Does anyone know if there are still construction walls up at the poly?

I can't answer your question, but hopefully others will be able to :flower3:.

You will love the Poly! I agree with GADisneyDad14 that I'd go with CL. We haven't tried CL at the Poly, but have stayed CL at other resorts and it's very nice having the lounge for another place to go and relax. I know 2 rooms would give you the extra space to spread out as well, but connecting rooms aren't guaranteed and you could end up with rooms not even close together. Plus, CL has the extra perk of snacks/drinks throughout the day, along with an amazing view :cloud9:.

We've never had a need for bed rails, but I think they are available by request through housekeeping ;).

Hi. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences on this thread…it is getting me so excited for our September trip!

We will be traveling with my 9yo daughter and her 9 year old cousin. We are planning on cereal for most breakfasts in the room. My question is about the refrigerators: Would there be enough room in the ref. for a gallon of milk (and still be room for some other odds and ends)? Or should we plan on a half gallon and buying more when we are there?

We don't usually use the fridge, but I'm thinking it'd be better to go with a half gallon and buying more as you need it. I'm not sure how well (if at all) a gallon would fit, but hopefully others will be able to give some input :).

We brought cereal, paper bowls, and plastic spoons. There was room for a half gallon in the door of the refrigerator. We bought it at the store and bought another as needed. I dint think a gallon would have fit.

Just back from a week stay at Club Level. While we have stayed at Club Level most of the time during our 17 years of Disney visits, this sadly will be our last. We found that while we continue to love the view, the food offerings have declined to a point where they do not justify the stay. We found the night appetizers cold most nights right after being put out for consumption. Most workers were there for the job (except for Irv, who always goes out of his way!) and we found that the "dining" area was often ill kept (tables dirty and not wiped down) which was a first for us to see! This was not a busy time as such and it was surprising and disappointing. The grounds however are beautiful, the Oasis pool looks magnificent and looks ready to open soon. We were told mid March. All the construction walls are down although they were still doing touch up work while we were there. I would again book Polynesian in a moments notice but would not spend the money on club level again as the service/food has just fallen to a point that it does not justify the cost.

You're welcome :goodvibes.

Keep in mind that if you don't get a room that meets your requests, you can always ask if a different room/longhouse is available. It's not guaranteed your room/location can be changed, but it never hurts to ask! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Yeah we've done that before. The CMs on the desk are always so helpful at all the resorts!

Just back from a week stay at Club Level. While we have stayed at Club Level most of the time during our 17 years of Disney visits, this sadly will be our last. We found that while we continue to love the view, the food offerings have declined to a point where they do not justify the stay. We found the night appetizers cold most nights right after being put out for consumption. Most workers were there for the job (except for Irv, who always goes out of his way!) and we found that the "dining" area was often ill kept (tables dirty and not wiped down) which was a first for us to see! This was not a busy time as such and it was surprising and disappointing. The grounds however are beautiful, the Oasis pool looks magnificent and looks ready to open soon. We were told mid March. All the construction walls are down although they were still doing touch up work while we were there. I would again book Polynesian in a moments notice but would not spend the money on club level again as the service/food has just fallen to a point that it does not justify the cost.

I'm sorry your CL experience wasn't the best this time around, but I'm glad you still found the Poly just as nice as ever! Hope the rest of your trip was magical :wizard:.

Yeah we've done that before. The CMs on the desk are always so helpful at all the resorts!

I agree! We've never had a bad experience with any of the CMs as all of them we've encountered over the years have always been great :goodvibes.

I know I've read this somewhere but I've forgotten and I can't find it again...which longhouse(s) do not have elevators?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter