Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about club level at poly.?? We loved club level at contemporary but large part of that was the view. Has the club level at poly changed with all the construction around Hawaii building?? Would love feedback on this. If poly view is not great considering CR club level again instead?!

Curious about club level at poly.?? We loved club level at contemporary but large part of that was the view. Has the club level at poly changed with all the construction around Hawaii building?? Would love feedback on this. If poly view is not great considering CR club level again instead?!

Well, we have stayed CL there 2 or 3 times but it has been 7 years since our last time. But I recently listened to the Disunplugged podcast - 7 resorts in 7 days episodes. One of the resorts they featured was the Polynesian. This was from back in Feb. and Pete said he thinks the club level lounge there is the best on property. He mentioned the views of MK and of the fireworks. So, those views have not been ruined :thumbsup2

I've stayed once at CR CL, though, and it is hard to beat!

Still not sure if I want to switch to the Poly from POR this August. This will most likely be the last Disney trip for me and just stayed at Riverside a couple years ago. I liked, liked the Alligator Bayou section, food court was good and the busses were good. Now if this was 3 years ago before the Poly construction started it would be a no brainer for me and I would switch, but from the pictures I have seen I just don't like the changes made. Then there is the East pool construction in August. But man I still kind of want to stay there haha.

Do they sell almond milk in the Poly shop? We will pack some cereal and bagels for our breakfasts but will buy a few perishables there.

I like Niue b/c it's very small and very close to the GCH and bus stop. I love not having to use elevators or walk down long hallways. Niue is also close to the quiet pool, however, so you may prefer to avoid it if they are going to be working on that pool.
I have never stayed on the "other" side of the Polynesian marina, but seems it might be best for avoiding noise. I've always thought it would be cool to stay in Fiji - and it has Standard views and would not have parking lot views.
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/fiji

If you plan to do online check-in, you can check up to two of the following: (keep in mind that "Hawaii building" is not a valid option since it is all club level rooms)

• Balcony
  • Ground Floor
  • Second Floor
  • Upper Floor
  • Lower Floor
  • Near Elevator
  • Patio
  • Aotearoa Building
  • Fiji Building
  • Hawaii Building
  • Niue Building
  • Rarotonga Building
  • Samoa Building
  • Tuvalu Building
We stayed in Fiji 2 years ago and loved it. Very close to the GCH and had a lovely view of the marina. We came back for naps every day, and despite being close to the main pool, never had a noise issue.

Does anyone know if there are still any CL garden view rooms that don't face the east pool? I know for awhile there were garden view rooms that faced the beach side due to the construction walls, but those might have all turned back into LV rooms now. We were just wondering if we should either upgrade to LV CL or downgrade to regular garden view as we do not really want to be facing the east pool construction (in September).

Also another question, one of my favorite pastti es at the poly in the past has been laying out in the hammocks, I read somewhere that they've removed the hammocks around the resort. Does anyone know if that's accurate? If so, will they be putting those back or are they pretty much gone forever?

Thanks!
I believe all CL GV rooms now face the east pool, unfortunately. We were considering CL for our trip in December, but changed our minds after reading that.

I also heard that the hammocks are gone and really hope they aren't gone forever!!

I just (this morning) switched to the Polynesian from WL for our summer trip. It's been 6 years since we've stayed at PR and I'm really excited about it :flower1:

I think for December you'd be making a good call. Looks as though work over at WL will begin in September, although it could get delayed. WL at Christmas is so stunning. It would be a shame to miss that...
I switched for the larger room and the tropical atmosphere.

At the Polynesian, you could request ground floor, close to GCH and be very close to monorail (although it is up the steps/elevator) and Captain Cook's/Kona/'Ohana.
The East pool (quiet pool) is scheduled to still be closed and being refurbished, but hopefully that won't cause too much of a problem in December. Good luck!

Here's a link to the Capt. Cook's menu. They seem to only have chicken nuggets on the Kids Menu https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/capt-cooks/menus/lunch/
We are all booked at Poly for Dec... Thanks for the advice ! I will read up more on the different buildings.

We stayed in Fiji 2 years ago and loved it. Very close to the GCH and had a lovely view of the marina. We came back for naps every day, and despite being close to the main pool, never had a noise issue.

Good to know. Thanks! I may request Fiji for my July trip :cutie:

We are all booked at Poly for Dec... Thanks for the advice ! I will read up more on the different buildings.

Oooh - great that you decided to switch, given the circumstances. Have fun planning!

Considering switching from WL due to construction for dec 5/11 2015...what is going on with poly construction? We would choose least $$ view. How far is the walk to food/monorail ? (Hubby is blind)... Also can you get an adult size chicken nugget from Capt cooks? Haven't stayed at poly since 1998.
You could request Raratonga. That would be very close to GCH. And I don't believe there are stairs on that side of entrance? When making a particular request, I find its best to state medical condition and ask for closest location to GCH, rather then just requesting a longhouse. This way room assignors know what you need and why. Better chance of getting a suitable location.

I believe all CL GV rooms now face the east pool, unfortunately. We were considering CL for our trip in December, but changed our minds after reading that.

I also heard that the hammocks are gone and really hope they aren't gone forever!!

Thanks for the info,I'm don't want to do a CL GV room while they are doing construction because we do spend a decent amount of time in our rooms. Maybe I'll just do for a regular standard view and save the money, I'd upgrade to CL LV but that's not available at the moment. I'd rather give up concierge than have a garentueed construction view.

I agree about the hammocks though, I hope they aren't gone forever, if anyone who goes soon would mind keeping a look out to see if they maybe have made a comeback I'd totally appreciate it!

Do they sell almond milk in the Poly shop? We will pack some cereal and bagels for our breakfasts but will buy a few perishables there.
I tried to find a list of groceries that is available at the store and couldn't find one. While I'm there, I'll ask to see if they have a list at the store. If so, I'll post it. We are doing the same thing; sent a Amazon Pantry Box for dry goods and will pick up fresh stuff at the store. I'm not sure how much fresh fruit they have so we're bringing some of that. We drive to WDW so we can bring some things that others can't

Once construction is completed will the views be okay here? We are debating this for march next year and wondering if we should stick to a regular room or do CR club level again

I posted this earlier. This is a view from the Samoa outside stairs overlooking the Hawaii garden view. This was end of April, but they already have a new sidewalk in.
IMG_4556_zpstpxd7kh1.jpg

Once construction is completed will the views be okay here? We are debating this for march next year and wondering if we should stick to a regular room or do CR club level again
Yes, the view will be perfect once the quiet pool construction is complete.

One week to go and our family of 16 will be staying at the Poly! So excited! Still haven't received the extra luggage tags for DME that I requested since we're flying SWA and can bring two bags, free! Called and said they send extra tags separate from the first ones. Seems stupid since I ordered them at the same time! Lots of planning and scheduling done for so many! Can't believe the trip is in one week! Poly, here we come!

Still not sure if I want to switch to the Poly from POR this August. This will most likely be the last Disney trip for me and just stayed at Riverside a couple years ago. I liked, liked the Alligator Bayou section, food court was good and the busses were good. Now if this was 3 years ago before the Poly construction started it would be a no brainer for me and I would switch, but from the pictures I have seen I just don't like the changes made. Then there is the East pool construction in August. But man I still kind of want to stay there haha.
I've stayed at both POR and Poly and hands down prefer the Poly. Next year when we go back, we will go back to the Poly. It's location to MK and transportation center can't be beat.

One week to go and our family of 16 will be staying at the Poly! So excited! Still haven't received the extra luggage tags for DME that I requested since we're flying SWA and can bring two bags, free! Called and said they send extra tags separate from the first ones. Seems stupid since I ordered them at the same time! Lots of planning and scheduling done for so many! Can't believe the trip is in one week! Poly, here we come!
awesome. how many rooms for your group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter