Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did the right thing speaking up and Poly did the right thing getting you a better room. You even have a view of your old room. Enjoy that great Deluxe RPC room!

Don't get me wrong, Poly is a very nice resort and if it wasn't for the construction issue (fridge I could live with) I would have obviously stayed. When the construction is done, the resort is going to be beautiful. However if I'm paying CL prices even with an AP rate, there is some expectations you have. They were ticked off about the costruction starting so early this morning and said that it would be brought up to hotel management asap and taken care of. I have a feeling I wasn't the only one who complained today about the early start today.

I will defenatly enjoy the room and the CL. I was here in March, in the same building and floor, but on the other side of CL (Theme Park View).

My 6 yr old loved it! My 9 year old said it was small- but he's used to sleeping in a queen sized bed. Could an adult fit- probably but I don't know if they would be comfortable.
Thank you for that info. Trying to figure out sleeping arrangements for 4 adults 2 of which would not like sleeping together :)

I have seen a pic somewhere of a 6 foot adult lying on one, with neither head nor feet hanging off the ends. I believe it is narrower than a standard twin though.
Well this is good news! I have a 5' 9" female who weighs about 150 so I am hoping it will work. I think I will call Poly just to ask and post back once I find out.

Here is my DD9 measuring things for our June trip when my 6 ft. DS15 needs to sleep on the pull out. DD9 is 4'4":
IMG_4522_zpsiagbujoj.jpg
Very helpful!

Glad you got such a great solution to your room situation, animalkingdom15.

Have to say, though, I cannot stand what they did with the GF rooms :rolleyes2 We have been staying there since 1994 and these rooms do not at all seem like the GF to me. Still a shock to see pics of the rooms. Oh well...:charac2:

Aloha!!!

We will be at the Poly late October. I have requested Aotearoa, because I like the location. We love GF, and will probably be walking over there at least twice during our stay. :-)
Anyway, has anyone stayed in Aotearoa recently? Just looking for some guest pictures, something to get me excited!!!!
Also, I requested 1st or 3rd floor...I love having that outdoor space. BUT - should we get a 2nd floor, does anyone have a picture to show just how shallow it is? Could I stand out there, or not at all?

Thanks in advance, Poly Peeps!

Glad you got such a great solution to your room situation, animalkingdom15.

Have to say, though, I cannot stand what they did with the GF rooms :rolleyes2 We have been staying there since 1994 and these rooms do not at all seem like the GF to me. Still a shock to see pics of the rooms. Oh well...:charac2:

Thanks. For the first time since getting here, I got a very good night sleep. It's like I'm starting all over vacation wise.

that is awesome! As WDWKOOK said, it's so good that you did something about your unhappiness while there was time to get a solution from Disney. Very happy for you :flower3:

So the construction people at Poly started working at 7 am this morning right outside my room instead of the 9 am like I was told and since I'm battling an allergy issue today I decided to move today's plans to tomorrow at MK and just take my allergy meds and rest. I also went to use the fridge in the room and that wasn't working either. So around 230 I went to the club level crew and talked to them about the construction issue out my window and that they started earlier than they were suppose to and about the fridge issue. They were very apologetic about it and when I asked to be moved (as in room) they said no problem which resort and when I told them Grand Floridian thinking they would come back with a new room at Poly, they called over to GF right away and got me into a main building deluxe view club level room for the rest of my stay. Disney is actually covering half of the difference in rate price, also so it's only costing me $500 more than what I had already paid deposit wise to move to GF. I know sometimes WDW gets a bad rap and I'm sure in some cases it's warranted, but this was a very nice and classy thing to do on their part.

upload_2015-5-29_16-29-1-jpeg.99766

upload_2015-5-29_16-29-44-jpeg.99767

upload_2015-5-29_16-30-23-jpeg.99768
I switched last Aug from Poly to GF, but did it before I arrived when they announced main pool would be closing. In August? Yikes. We were booked for Sugarloaf. But when we arrived we were upgraded to a deluxe queen in RPC. Loved it. Our room faced the courtyard pool.

Does anyone know if the Polynesian still has the arcade/video game room? Or did that disappear with the renovations? Thanks!

You could always go to another hotel with an arcade (i.e. Grand Floridian). :)
We go to CR. The one at GF is too small and gets too crowded with 5 or more kids. Plus they don't have very many little kiddie games for my 5yo. :goodvibes

Added: And they also stopped the whole tickets & prize redemption thing, in case anyone has kids that look forward to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter