Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great news! I have always preferred the quiet pool, and we arrive this weekend. :)
Perfect!:). We don't arrive till August, but I was curious since I had heard it still hadn't closed. Also, those with GV/CL bookings were wondering how the view was now.

I know captain cooks Is open 24 hours, but what time do they stop serving cooked food?

And after that, what is available late night to eat?

not a problem at all. Views of monorail are a positive :thumbsup2

ummm. NO.

I'm only in this room until Sunday and then I move to a theme park view for the last 4 nights, so my view will get better. Except for today, most of my time Friday and Saturday will be over at MK except for an occasional break during the day since MK is so close to the Polyneisan resort.

I'm only in this room until Sunday and then I move to a theme park view for the last 4 nights, so my view will get better. Except for today, most of my time Friday and Saturday will be over at MK except for an occasional break during the day since MK is so close to the Polyneisan resort.
We'll be your neighbors in TPV :)

I am looking forward to my first stay at Poly in a looooong time! I was trying to hold off until construction was complete but then decided to book a stay anyways, then I changed it to a split stay with BC (couldn't forego SAB completely since it is my sons favorite). I'm really looking forward to the Poly feel though and fireworks from the beach.

I have no idea which Longhouse to request but would like a balcony (preferably without construction view). Any advice?

Upon checking in, does everyone in your party get a lei?

Yes, and several times more when you are walking back into the GCH from the parking lot (if you leave to go to another non monorail park etc..), and at Ohana meals, sometimes by the pool, at Spirit of Aloha show etc... During our last stay (10 days) my daughter left with about 25 of them! Between those and the Mickey chocolate bars she bought with our left over snack credits, she was able to bring back souvenirs for all her classmates.

If a room upgrade is available at check in (theme park view etc) can you do a paid upgrade? If so do they charge you the full rate or a discounted rate like other hotels (not disney) we've stayed at?

Yes, and several times more when you are walking back into the GCH from the parking lot (if you leave to go to another non monorail park etc..), and at Ohana meals, sometimes by the pool, at Spirit of Aloha show etc... During our last stay (10 days) my daughter left with about 25 of them! Between those and the Mickey chocolate bars she bought with our left over snack credits, she was able to bring back souvenirs for all her classmates.

Are the leis faux flowers or tiny shells (this is what they kept giving me in Hawaii)?

:rotfl2:

Wow I have almost the exact same view of construction outside of my office right now. But for a lot less $$$. Lol.

In fact, they're paying you to look at that mess:thumbsup2

So the construction people at Poly started working at 7 am this morning right outside my room instead of the 9 am like I was told and since I'm battling an allergy issue today I decided to move today's plans to tomorrow at MK and just take my allergy meds and rest. I also went to use the fridge in the room and that wasn't working either. So around 230 I went to the club level crew and talked to them about the construction issue out my window and that they started earlier than they were suppose to and about the fridge issue. They were very apologetic about it and when I asked to be moved (as in room) they said no problem which resort and when I told them Grand Floridian thinking they would come back with a new room at Poly, they called over to GF right away and got me into a main building deluxe view club level room for the rest of my stay. Disney is actually covering half of the difference in rate price, also so it's only costing me $500 more than what I had already paid deposit wise to move to GF. I know sometimes WDW gets a bad rap and I'm sure in some cases it's warranted, but this was a very nice and classy thing to do on their part.

upload_2015-5-29_16-29-1-jpeg.99766

upload_2015-5-29_16-29-44-jpeg.99767

upload_2015-5-29_16-30-23-jpeg.99768

Last edited:
By the way if anyone is checking into Lagoon View Club level over the next couple of days and are given room 2516 in the Hawaii bldg ask them for another room. They probably won't put it back into use until the fridge issue is taken care of, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up.

So the construction people at Poly started working at 7 am this morning right outside my room instead of the 9 am like I was told and since I'm battling an allergy issue today I decided to move today's plans to tomorrow at MK and just take my allergy meds and rest. I also went to use the fridge in the room and that wasn't working either. So around 230 I went to the club level crew and talked to them about the construction issue out my window and that they started earlier than they were suppose to and about the fridge issue. They were very apologetic about it and when I asked to be moved (as in room) they said no problem which resort and when I told them Grand Floridian thinking they would come back with a new room at Poly, they called over to GF right away and got me into a main building deluxe view club level room for the rest of my stay. Disney is actually covering half of the difference in rate price, also so it's only costing me $500 more than what I had already paid deposit wise to move to GF. I know sometimes WDW gets a bad rap and I'm sure in some cases it's warranted, but this was a very nice and classy thing to do on their part.

upload_2015-5-29_16-30-23-jpeg.99768

You did the right thing speaking up and Poly did the right thing getting you a better room. You even have a view of your old room. Enjoy that great Deluxe RPC room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter