• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rarotonga are Standard rooms, not Standard villas. The options for a Poly Studio Villa, Standard View, are in Pago Pago, Moorea and Tokelau. PP and Tokelau are all Standard View; Moorea is Standard View on the south side, and Lake View on the north.
Ooops! I stand corrected.

We're arriving at the Poly for our first trip to WDW in less than a month. Question: what is the correct way to request a room view/location before we arrive? I made the reservation online months ago, and there was no way to request it then.

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm what pressed pennies are at the Poly? We missed the machine when we were there and my 6 year old keeps mentioning it. A friend is going in a few weeks, and I was going to have her grab one, but not sure which are there. Thank you!

We're arriving at the Poly for our first trip to WDW in less than a month. Question: what is the correct way to request a room view/location before we arrive? I made the reservation online months ago, and there was no way to request it then.

Thanks!
You can make requests when you complete your online check in (available at 60 days) or can call to have a request added to your reservation at any time.

When you look at your reservation online, there should be a link next to your reservation # to complete OCI now since you are under 60 days.

View attachment 185216
View from 2nd floor staircase CL lounge.

LOVE those morning shots when you feel like you have the whole resort to yourself, except for the hard working CMs who are out and about, of course. Remind me what category you're booked at GF? Will you be walking over there with your luggage like DD and I did in August?:rotfl:

We got home last night after a very pleasant stay at the Poly. We had booked with the magical deal, and had a GV CL room. We requested a third floor room, and we got 3534, so we were happy that we had a balcony! The room itself was in great condition, no major wear and tear noted, except maybe the outlets - so loose! The clock having the two USB ports gave us guaranteed phone charges, so that was a lifesaver. The view from 3534 isn't spectacular, as it's the nearest GV room to the 3rd floor lounge. That said, it's not a bad view. We could see both pools, but there is a large tree. The upside of a tree is that our room felt entirely private! The convenience of being so close to the lounge was much appreciated. It was very easy to run to grab coffee or a snack and head back up to the room. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning our room before we came back for afternoon break, and getting turndown done after we left again for the evening. The turndown service was not as thorough as we had at other resorts. They don't do anything other than turn down the bed and refill towels. At the CR and BC, they'd turn the lights down, turn the TV to soothing music, and do a quick tidying of the room.

The Poly grounds are beautiful, and the staff that I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The Oasis and Volcano pool redesigns were very well done - everything looks beautiful. My kids loved swimming and spent quite a lot of time at the pool. I swam pretty much every day, though I wasn't as pleased with the pools. Some observations: the pool water is much too warm, and shade is very hard to come by. People are very rude about taking up spots the moment the pool opens and then disappearing for hours. We decided to spend the first half of the day enjoying the resort. We went down to the Oasis pool around 8:00 am, and families had already grabbed all of the cabanas. Usually with one person sitting in it, with all of the chairs and sofas covered with personal items. The same people would stake out the cabanas for the entire week, all day long. We managed to get a chair sitting in one when another family saw us and invited my daughter and I over. Back to our pool saga - the kids swam in the Oasis pool until 9, then we moved over to the main pool when it opened. We were able to get a couple of loungers under an umbrella. My husband and I settled in with some books while the kids played and swam. We'd also hop in to the pool for 5-10 minutes to cool off, then back to the loungers to relax. We were there from 9 until about lunch time. Other people came in around the same time we did. They took the umbrellas around us. Piled stuff on all the chairs around the umbrellas and then proceeded to leave. Only one family was back by noon. I felt so bad for the families with very small kids looking for shade, while unoccupied spots were "reserved." The Poly really needs to do something about it; either figure out a way to provide more shady areas, or police the area to see whether loungers are actually being used.

The club lounge was nice in that there is ample seating and the view is spectacular. The staff was very friendly with us. The food choices were meh. Snacks in the afternoon were identical every day. Fruit skewers, veggies in cups, dip, chips, goldfish, and spicy snack mix, and later on in the afternoon, cookies. The Poly snacks are not as good as what you get at the Contemporary, Beach Club or GF. Breakfast was the same every day. Croissants, bagels, mini muffins, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and toppings. The evening appetizers were pretty much a bust for us. I'm the only one who eats seafood in the family, and there was quite a bit of it at the Poly. Nothing really stood out to me as being terribly good. I ate a lot of the veggies and fruit. I did appreciate the size of the lounge and the fact that we could always find a seat at all services. We loved the other families in the lounge! My kids hit it off with some of the others in the lounge, and they had a blast. It was great meeting @GADisneyDad14 and his family! My daughter loved his kids!

Overall - our stay was pretty wonderful!

One side of Moorea is Standard View; it is the side away from the Lake. So the views from a high floor of Moorea, Standard, tend to be of the Pago Pago building, paths and landscaping. There isn't even really a side-on view of the Lagoon there on the ends, due to the angle of that building.

Tokelau tends to be the best Standard Studio views.

You will have to walk to the beach for the water pageant and fireworks.
Thanks for the info--what I thought re: Moorea, but maybe I should add Tokelau to my list. What I was trying to avoid at all costs is Pago Pago parking lot view.

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY! :rainbow:

This part always feels funny. Everything is done. Now just to wait....:hourglass

Us too!! We actually fly into MCO in 13 days - staying at the Hyatt that night - and then head to the Poly the next day.

We got home last night after a very pleasant stay at the Poly. We had booked with the magical deal, and had a GV CL room. We requested a third floor room, and we got 3534, so we were happy that we had a balcony! The room itself was in great condition, no major wear and tear noted, except maybe the outlets - so loose! The clock having the two USB ports gave us guaranteed phone charges, so that was a lifesaver. The view from 3534 isn't spectacular, as it's the nearest GV room to the 3rd floor lounge. That said, it's not a bad view. We could see both pools, but there is a large tree. The upside of a tree is that our room felt entirely private! The convenience of being so close to the lounge was much appreciated. It was very easy to run to grab coffee or a snack and head back up to the room. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning our room before we came back for afternoon break, and getting turndown done after we left again for the evening. The turndown service was not as thorough as we had at other resorts. They don't do anything other than turn down the bed and refill towels. At the CR and BC, they'd turn the lights down, turn the TV to soothing music, and do a quick tidying of the room.

The Poly grounds are beautiful, and the staff that I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The Oasis and Volcano pool redesigns were very well done - everything looks beautiful. My kids loved swimming and spent quite a lot of time at the pool. I swam pretty much every day, though I wasn't as pleased with the pools. Some observations: the pool water is much too warm, and shade is very hard to come by. People are very rude about taking up spots the moment the pool opens and then disappearing for hours. We decided to spend the first half of the day enjoying the resort. We went down to the Oasis pool around 8:00 am, and families had already grabbed all of the cabanas. Usually with one person sitting in it, with all of the chairs and sofas covered with personal items. The same people would stake out the cabanas for the entire week, all day long. We managed to get a chair sitting in one when another family saw us and invited my daughter and I over. Back to our pool saga - the kids swam in the Oasis pool until 9, then we moved over to the main pool when it opened. We were able to get a couple of loungers under an umbrella. My husband and I settled in with some books while the kids played and swam. We'd also hop in to the pool for 5-10 minutes to cool off, then back to the loungers to relax. We were there from 9 until about lunch time. Other people came in around the same time we did. They took the umbrellas around us. Piled stuff on all the chairs around the umbrellas and then proceeded to leave. Only one family was back by noon. I felt so bad for the families with very small kids looking for shade, while unoccupied spots were "reserved." The Poly really needs to do something about it; either figure out a way to provide more shady areas, or police the area to see whether loungers are actually being used.

The club lounge was nice in that there is ample seating and the view is spectacular. The staff was very friendly with us. The food choices were meh. Snacks in the afternoon were identical every day. Fruit skewers, veggies in cups, dip, chips, goldfish, and spicy snack mix, and later on in the afternoon, cookies. The Poly snacks are not as good as what you get at the Contemporary, Beach Club or GF. Breakfast was the same every day. Croissants, bagels, mini muffins, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and toppings. The evening appetizers were pretty much a bust for us. I'm the only one who eats seafood in the family, and there was quite a bit of it at the Poly. Nothing really stood out to me as being terribly good. I ate a lot of the veggies and fruit. I did appreciate the size of the lounge and the fact that we could always find a seat at all services. We loved the other families in the lounge! My kids hit it off with some of the others in the lounge, and they had a blast. It was great meeting @GADisneyDad14 and his family! My daughter loved his kids!

Thanks for the info--what I thought re: Moorea, but maybe I should add Tokelau to my list. What I was trying to avoid at all costs is Pago Pago parking lot view.
Lol, we must be weird...parking lot view means monorail view, which we love!

Just returned from the Poly last night and we had a great stay. We bought into DVC while we were there and we love the rooms in the villas. I wish that the normal rooms were updated like the villas as I feel the bamboo chair rail is way past its prime. The grounds are well kept and we had no issues other than the loose outlets. Looking forward to returning in May for our first DVC visit.

I am so excited to be soon landing on the Poly's doorstep!!! 14 glorious days to end summer vacation! :goodvibes

But does anyone get that feeling as your trip approaches that you have just SOOOO much to do, you haven't started anything and you don't know how to begin??? I'm 16 days out to starting our 22hour road trip and have NOTHING done! Well actually, that's not quite true...I've bought Tide pods and body glide. ::yes:: Oh my! :scared:

I am so excited to be soon landing on the Poly's doorstep!!! 14 glorious days to end summer vacation! :goodvibes

But does anyone get that feeling as your trip approaches that you have just SOOOO much to do, you haven't started anything and you don't know how to begin??? I'm 16 days out to starting our 22hour road trip and have NOTHING done! Well actually, that's not quite true...I've bought Tide pods and body glide. ::yes:: Oh my! :scared:

This is so me! I'm ten days out from a 16 hour road trip. I'm still doing research on a few last minute things, like parade viewing spots, etc. and I have three different packing lists bookmarked to read later. When is later?? I want to be the organized person who is all packed two days in advance, but it will never happen. Last time around, I was cramming stuff in the car and we were late to start. Ugh. I keep saying I won't do it this time...

200 days today until our first stay at the Poly - excited already! :yay: Loving all the updates and pics posted, keep them coming!

This is so me! I'm ten days out from a 16 hour road trip. I'm still doing research on a few last minute things, like parade viewing spots, etc. and I have three different packing lists bookmarked to read later. When is later?? I want to be the organized person who is all packed two days in advance, but it will never happen. Last time around, I was cramming stuff in the car and we were late to start. Ugh. I keep saying I won't do it this time...

I wish I could be more like you. We are 27 days out and everything is done except notes and instructions for the folks caring for our DD5 while we are gone. I have my staging area all set and I now have 27 days with nothing trip oriented to do. It's frustrating. I feel like I need to plan something...and this is when I wind up messing up my carefully laid plans while I overthink everything.

What's to most efficient way to go back and forth between GF and the Poly? We're doing a lot of things at the GF (spa, Narcoossee's, etc.) but there's a couple of tight windows in our schedule where we will need to get back to the Poly to pick up something or change clothes.

Like WDWKOOK, I was going to suggest the path along seven seas lagoon as it's a quick (as well as scenic) way to get between the 2 resorts :).

Just take the path along 7SL that starts at Fiji. It's a very quick walk, just about 5 minutes.

:thumbsup2

Hello all of you Polynesian lovers out there. I was supposed to stay at AK Kidani this December, but asked to be waitlisted for a Poly villa. Well, they emailed me this week to let me know that I'm now confirmed. It's been a long time since I've stayed there--22 years! However, I usually make a point to stop and have a drink or eat there every visit. I'm very excited and I called and told them that I wanted to request the Moorea building and a high floor--I thought this best with Standard view. Any thoughts about if I should request anything else/different? Any experiences with staying in Moorea? How is the new pool area and the beach area now with the fence? I assume I will still be able to watch fireworks and the electric lake show--do they still have this? Thanks for any info.

Congrats on your waitlist for the Poly coming through! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thanks!

Like Cluelyss posted, if you do OCI you can make requests at that time or you can call. I've never done OCI but I've read that choices are sometimes limited, so if you have something specific, you might be better off calling. Good luck and have a great time :goodvibes.

LOVE those morning shots when you feel like you have the whole resort to yourself, except for the hard working CMs who are out and about, of course.

Me too ::yes::.

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY! :rainbow:

This part always feels funny. Everything is done. Now just to wait....:hourglass

Have a great trip :wizard:.

We got home last night after a very pleasant stay at the Poly. We had booked with the magical deal, and had a GV CL room.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice stay overall :flower3:.

Us too!! We actually fly into MCO in 13 days - staying at the Hyatt that night - and then head to the Poly the next day.

The time will go fast! Have a great trip :yay:.

Us too 13 days until our first stay at the Poly!!!!

Have a great time! :jumping1:

Just returned from the Poly last night and we had a great stay. We bought into DVC while we were there and we love the rooms in the villas. I wish that the normal rooms were updated like the villas as I feel the bamboo chair rail is way past its prime. The grounds are well kept and we had no issues other than the loose outlets. Looking forward to returning in May for our first DVC visit.

Glad you had a great stay! Congrats on your DVC purchase. Happy planning for your May trip :).

You will be arriving before you know it! :banana::banana:

It'll all come together and you'll be relaxing at the Poly before you know it. Have a great time :goodvibes.

200 days today until our first stay at the Poly - excited already! :yay: Loving all the updates and pics posted, keep them coming!

The time will go fast, enjoy the planning :wizard:.

It's August! I will be staying at the Poly for the first time this month!!! 26 more days and like others have mentioned I still have a lot to do. DS7 doesn't know about the trip and he is home with me everyday during the summer so that makes packing and planning a little bit trickier. I will get it done though. I love packing and getting organized early. Hope everyone has a magical day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter