• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it difficult to get a table at the Tiki Terrace in the evenings?

Not at all based on my experiences (Oct 2015 and this past week). I've been out there multiple nights this week and it's been borderline dead. Times have been in the 5-8PM range, I'm not sure if it ramps up later.

A first for us. Main pool was closed several hours this evening due to "chlorine levels being off." Tough break on a 99 degree day! Filled in almost immediately when it reopened just after 9.

"That" happens:(. Same experience reported by @pas130 on same day at BWI. Guests were permitted to use SAB. Safe travels home, @GADisneyDad14.

Here now and the Oasis pool refill mug station has been closed several times for bees. If that happens the guys at the grill will give you a can of whatever you need and the bartender had ice. The grill does close rather early. My DH looked in his mug before he took a drink yesterday and sure enough there was a bee in it.

Just posting so no one gets stung.

This was a big issue at the GF feature pool refill area in August. Bees were everywhere, however, they have a powerful fan installed above the length of the refill station which blows air down and prevents most of the bees from alighting. It's not fun standing underneath the blast, but it works. Do they have fans at the Oasis Pool?

This is clearly Pooh's fault.

HA! He looks guiltypooh:

That's at Kona Cafe

:thumbsup2

Room 1505 lv CL! @TJA thinking of you! View is amazing!! Been busy meeting @BlueSkies @dispro and @pas130 !! Will try to post later.

Wish you all here !!!

YAY for your DISmeet! Love your photos and I hope you're having a magical time:)

Oh my kids would love that. Is it just listed as a fruit plate?

Yep!
Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 8.33.30 AM.png

Nobody has been able to get that question answered. Like I said before, nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who does not. I think they use the same algorithm that is used to decide who gets PINs and who doesn't.

I couldn't get this question answered by the front desk CMs either, but I have a theory, but it's only that and not substantiated by any facts.

I have never been able to bypass the front desk and just go right to my room. I always do OCI and text notification, even when staying CL. I always get the text telling me to come to the front desk.

I always book using the military RO rate which stipulates that my ID must be shown upon check-in. Though I've never been asked for my ID, I've wondered if the "come to the front desk" text is sent in order for me to show my ID and verify eligibility for the rate. I would assume the same message is sent to someone using a FL Resident or AP rate, but I don't know if that's the case.

When I ask the CM why I had to come to the front desk, they always say they don't know and that it happens "randomly" throughout the day. I feel it has something to do with showing an ID, but the CMs never ask for one so it seems "random" to them.

I couldn't get this question answered by the front desk CMs either, but I have a theory, but it's only that and not substantiated by any facts.

I have never been able to bypass the front desk and just go right to my room. I always do OCI and text notification, even when staying CL. I always get the text telling me to come to the front desk.

I always book using the military RO rate which stipulates that my ID must be shown upon check-in. Though I've never been asked for my ID, I've wondered if the "come to the front desk" text is sent in order for me to show my ID and verify eligibility for the rate. I would assume the same message is sent to someone using a FL Resident or AP rate, but I don't know if that's the case.

When I ask the CM why I had to come to the front desk, they always say they don't know and that it happens "randomly" throughout the day. I feel it has something to do with showing an ID, but the CMs never ask for one so it seems "random" to them.
I've booked using an AP rate and still received the "room ready" text, so not sure if showing ID has anything to do with it?

That same trip we also got a magical upgrade, which I thought always received the "come to front desk" text, but not that time! So who really knows?!?!

What's to most efficient way to go back and forth between GF and the Poly? We're doing a lot of things at the GF (spa, Narcoossee's, etc.) but there's a couple of tight windows in our schedule where we will need to get back to the Poly to pick up something or change clothes.

I've booked using an AP rate and still received the "room ready" text, so not sure if showing ID has anything to do with it?

That same trip we also got a magical upgrade, which I thought always received the "come to front desk" text, but not that time! So who really knows?!?!

The bolded is so true.

What's to most efficient way to go back and forth between GF and the Poly? We're doing a lot of things at the GF (spa, Narcoossee's, etc.) but there's a couple of tight windows in our schedule where we will need to get back to the Poly to pick up something or change clothes.

Just take the path along 7SL that starts at Fiji. It's a very quick walk, just about 5 minutes. I took this photo just off the path. It's where you see the tiki torches to the right in this photo I posted earlier today:

IMG_0698.jpg

View attachment 185032 View attachment 185033 View attachment 185034

Room 1505 lv CL! @TJA thinking of you! View is amazing!! Been busy meeting @BlueSkies @dispro and @pas130 !! Will try to post later.

Wish you all here !!!

Oh my gosh you have my exact room!! I'm so glad you feel the same way as we did/do! Have you sat out on the patio at night after Wishes is over just taking it all in? The music, the view, the peacefulness.... It's heavenly! You all are so lucky to be there and also meeting with each other -- enjoy! I'm off to catch up on these threads so I can read about all your trips!
:cloud9:

Hello all of you Polynesian lovers out there. I was supposed to stay at AK Kidani this December, but asked to be waitlisted for a Poly villa. Well, they emailed me this week to let me know that I'm now confirmed. It's been a long time since I've stayed there--22 years! However, I usually make a point to stop and have a drink or eat there every visit. I'm very excited and I called and told them that I wanted to request the Moorea building and a high floor--I thought this best with Standard view. Any thoughts about if I should request anything else/different? Any experiences with staying in Moorea? How is the new pool area and the beach area now with the fence? I assume I will still be able to watch fireworks and the electric lake show--do they still have this? Thanks for any info.

Hello all of you Polynesian lovers out there. I was supposed to stay at AK Kidani this December, but asked to be waitlisted for a Poly villa. Well, they emailed me this week to let me know that I'm now confirmed. It's been a long time since I've stayed there--22 years! However, I usually make a point to stop and have a drink or eat there every visit. I'm very excited and I called and told them that I wanted to request the Moorea building and a high floor--I thought this best with Standard view. Any thoughts about if I should request anything else/different? Any experiences with staying in Moorea? How is the new pool area and the beach area now with the fence? I assume I will still be able to watch fireworks and the electric lake show--do they still have this? Thanks for any info.
One side of Moorea is Standard View; it is the side away from the Lake. So the views from a high floor of Moorea, Standard, tend to be of the Pago Pago building, paths and landscaping. There isn't even really a side-on view of the Lagoon there on the ends, due to the angle of that building.

Tokelau tends to be the best Standard Studio views.

You will have to walk to the beach for the water pageant and fireworks.

Are you at wdw now? Sue just asked me if I saw you but I'm too busy to actually read any pages. Thought u you were here next month?

Lol so tired I can't even read and post :)

Gwarsh, no, I have a little over a month until I'm there. I put "8/15" on the photos I posted Thursday, but forgot to today - sorry. I hope we get to see your DISmeet photos soon:hyper:

HI, I just stayed there two weeks ago...you can check the link on my sig for my TR. I stayed in a standard, and we got the Rarotonga building (sp)..it was literally a skip and jump from the Ceremonial house. NO view..but the convenience was awesome, and also very close to pool and bus access.

HI, I just stayed there two weeks ago...you can check the link on my sig for my TR. I stayed in a standard, and we got the Rarotonga building (sp)..it was literally a skip and jump from the Ceremonial house. NO view..but the convenience was awesome, and also very close to pool and bus access.
Rarotonga are Standard rooms, not Standard villas. The options for a Poly Studio Villa, Standard View, are in Pago Pago, Moorea and Tokelau. PP and Tokelau are all Standard View; Moorea is Standard View on the south side, and Lake View on the north.

Gwarsh, no, I have a little over a month until I'm there. I put "8/15" on the photos I posted Thursday, but forgot to today - sorry. I hope we get to see your DISmeet photos soon:hyper:
Sorry, SueM thought you here with all your pix posting, lol l!

(She texted me so I wouldn't miss it if you here, :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter