• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A LOT of questions!
1. Are they updating guests at check-in on the monorail hours? I don't want to waste time walking to the monorail only to realize I have to take a boat or a bus.
2. This is our first time flying (we usually drive the 6.75 - 7 hours). Our flight is at 7:30 pm. If we go to DHS, will Poly hold our checked bags *AND* carry-ons? If we decide to go for a swim after DHS, is there somewhere to change?
3. Do I need an ADR to have breakfast at Kona, or can I just walk up? (we are staying late every night and unsure if we will really make it to an 8 am ADR).
4. For those of you that recently made FP+ - did you stay up until midnight? I have to get up at 5 am on my FP+ day and would prefer to go to sleep at a reasonable time and do my FP+ when I get up.

Sorry I can only answer #4!! I did my FP's at about 6am and got everything I wanted in the time I wanted except A&E (which I was ok with since DS who is 3 saw them last year so probably won't even care). I've read others didn't have trouble getting A&E though so maybe it was just my dates and the reduced hours...

Sorry I can only answer #4!! I did my FP's at about 6am and got everything I wanted in the time I wanted except A&E (which I was ok with since DS who is 3 saw them last year so probably won't even care). I've read others didn't have trouble getting A&E though so maybe it was just my dates and the reduced hours...
Thanks! My kids are way over Frozen, so not looking for A&E.

Thanks! My kids are way over Frozen, so not looking for A&E.

I did mine at 7:00 a.m. and had no problems getting all times I wanted, but for 7DMT on the second day of the trip. I could have gotten it, but didn't want to be in MK at the late hour available. I had no problem scheduling it later in the week (2nd day in MK) at the time I wanted. No way am I staying up until midnight to schedule rides. :headache:

Though you pick one room (1607 for example), the info for the fax is filled in like so: "Bldg 6,Flr 1,W-facing room. Example:1607,1608,1606,1609,1605,1604,1610,1603,1602". You are really providing a general description with examples.

The fax then reads:

Dear Disney's Polynesian Village Resort,

For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:
Bldg 6,Flr 1,W-facing room. Example:1607,1608,1606,1609,1605,1604,1610,1603,1602

Additional Special Requests:
[add whatever further details you like]

Sincerely,
[your name]
Thanks...very helpful!

4 days to go!:dogdance::dogdance: Question about the pool area....I am on immunosuppressants and like to try and sit in the shade...I know there are limited umbrellas...can you bring one of the ones that can clamp onto a chair into the pool area??

A LOT of questions!
1. Are they updating guests at check-in on the monorail hours? I don't want to waste time walking to the monorail only to realize I have to take a boat or a bus.
2. This is our first time flying (we usually drive the 6.75 - 7 hours). Our flight is at 7:30 pm. If we go to DHS, will Poly hold our checked bags *AND* carry-ons? If we decide to go for a swim after DHS, is there somewhere to change?
3. Do I need an ADR to have breakfast at Kona, or can I just walk up? (we are staying late every night and unsure if we will really make it to an 8 am ADR).
4. For those of you that recently made FP+ - did you stay up until midnight? I have to get up at 5 am on my FP+ day and would prefer to go to sleep at a reasonable time and do my FP+ when I get up.

1. From what I heard, even CMs don't know the monorail schedule until the night before or even the day of. I'd say plan for the worst (being that the monorail isn't running) and have a secondary transportation plan. You can check with a CM the night before or the morning of and go from there.

2. Once you check in, they will hold everything of yours. You can then do and go where you want. You can claim any bags that you had them hold at any time, so if you get back to the Poly and your room is still not ready, you can take your carry-ons back and go swimming. The Poly has lockers and changing rooms underneath the slide that you can use.

3. Eating at any Disney restaurant without an ADR is a hit or miss. I know some restaurants will turn away people without ADRs. Others will add you to a waiting list and you'll be seated after a while. We only walked up to a restaurant without an ADR once (Captain Jack's) and were seated in 45 minutes. On the other hand, while we were waiting at Mama Melrose for a table, they turned away 3 or 4 groups looking for a place to eat. I wish I could get you a better answer.

4. Already answered.

1. From what I heard, even CMs don't know the monorail schedule until the night before or even the day of. I'd say plan for the worst (being that the monorail isn't running) and have a secondary transportation plan. You can check with a CM the night before or the morning of and go from there.

2. Once you check in, they will hold everything of yours. You can then do and go where you want. You can claim any bags that you had them hold at any time, so if you get back to the Poly and your room is still not ready, you can take your carry-ons back and go swimming. The Poly has lockers and changing rooms underneath the slide that you can use.

3. Eating at any Disney restaurant without an ADR is a hit or miss. I know some restaurants will turn away people without ADRs. Others will add you to a waiting list and you'll be seated after a while. We only walked up to a restaurant without an ADR once (Captain Jack's) and were seated in 45 minutes. On the other hand, while we were waiting at Mama Melrose for a table, they turned away 3 or 4 groups looking for a place to eat. I wish I could get you a better answer.

4. Already answered.

How much do the lockers cost?

Can someone help me understand the campfire / marshmallow roast better? What do they provide for free? What do they sell and what are approximate item costs? TIA!

Do they sell small containers of laundry detergent in the laundry facilities ?

We plan on washing 1-2 loads on rest day. With the four of us for 10 nights it's just too much clothes to go unwashed.

Can someone help me understand the campfire / marshmallow roast better? What do they provide for free? What do they sell and what are approximate item costs? TIA!
Only think I found online mentioned $2 for a stick and marshmallows and $5 for a s'mores kit...couldn't find out anything else...

Do I use my credit card for that also?
This is a guess, but it looks like it takes either cash or credit card. Post #11 on this thread has information about and several photos of the laundry room. There is a photo with the detergent vending machine.

This is a guess, but it looks like it takes either cash or credit card. Post #11 on this thread has information about and several photos of the laundry room. There is a photo with the detergent vending machine.

I didn't see it all the way in the back there. Thanks !!!

At the WL marshmallows and sticks were free, all the marshmallows you wanted 1 at a time. I don't know for sure about graham crackers and chocolate, I heard they sell them somewhere at all resorts but never bought any.

Sticks and marshmallows are provided free. If you want s'mores, they have Hershey Bars and Graham Crackers for sale in the gift shop/store. We get them every year and I hate to say I have no idea how much they are. But they weren't "oh my Lord!" expensive or my wife would have remembered the cost and we would have only gotten them once. :rotfl2:

What should I plan on for travel time from Poly to the different parks? Most interested in Poly to AK and Poly to HS as those are both buses. Thanks.

I've had to wait anywhere from 2-20+ minutes for a bus to either, so tough to say! I will add that I got antsy last September and took a cab to AK one early morning, it was great and would absolutely do it again, especially for something like AK with a long travel time. I don't remember how much it cost but I don't recall it being too obnxious, well worth it for the convenience of not having to wait.

Can anyone point my in the direction of a link to order decorations/souvenirs/gifts for the room? TIA.

Adding my vote for Disney Floral & Gifts too, just did this for my son's fifth birthday at the Poly. Was very happy with the service and coordination with the hotel. It is expensive for sure but for me it was worth it for a special occasion. They have some pretty strange delivery / setup hours, like 4-6 and 6-8 windows that was a little tough to try to arrange a "surprise" room setup with our schedule, but it worked out. The folks on the phone there were great to talk to. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter