• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone point my in the direction of a link to order decorations/souvenirs/gifts for the room? TIA.

I just wanted to tell everyone with upcoming trips to have a fabulous time!! We really enjoyed our time at the Poly - the construction wasn't an issue at all, and the resort is absolutely beautiful. My main concern going in was not being able to see the fireworks over the castle from the beach (due to the bungalows), but we were able to get chaises three different nights (for our whole family) in the area that still has an unobstructed view. We also watched while swimming in the pool one night :cloud9:. There is no longer any doubt in my mind that we'll be returning to the Poly for years to come.
GREAT to hear that you had such a positive experience!:thumbsup2:cheer2:

So now debating changing my room request from Fiji 1st floor to Nieu or Samoa 1st floor but of course I do not want to face the east pool. It appears I can't modify the online request as the boxes j already checked I can't uncheck??? How should I word my request when I call?

So now debating changing my room request from Fiji 1st floor to Nieu or Samoa 1st floor but of course I do not want to face the east pool. It appears I can't modify the online request as the boxes j already checked I can't uncheck??? How should I word my request when I call?

1st floor, Nieu or Samoa, not facing East Pool.

I'm a total Poly newbie, but when people speak of the boat, is that the one from the Poly docks or the TTC? Is either one better than the other? Thanks!
We took the one from the Poly dock - there is a much larger boat that runs from the TTC, but we didn't use that one on this trip. I'm not sure if one is better than the other - maybe others have an opinion on this??

What should I plan on for travel time from Poly to the different parks? Most interested in Poly to AK and Poly to HS as those are both buses. Thanks.

What should I plan on for travel time from Poly to the different parks? Most interested in Poly to AK and Poly to HS as those are both buses. Thanks.

I've heard budget at least an hour with buses...but I've never stayed at Poly so I really don't know for sure! Especially with travel time to MK or Epcot on monorail. There is a great website that gives travel times and routes between resorts but of course you have to factor in wait for buses, monorail, etc.
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

I just wanted to tell everyone with upcoming trips to have a fabulous time!! We really enjoyed our time at the Poly - the construction wasn't an issue at all, and the resort is absolutely beautiful. My main concern going in was not being able to see the fireworks over the castle from the beach (due to the bungalows), but we were able to get chaises three different nights (for our whole family) in the area that still has an unobstructed view. We also watched while swimming in the pool one night :cloud9:. There is no longer any doubt in my mind that we'll be returning to the Poly for years to come.

Thanks! Only 10 days away from our first trip to the Poly! Let the Magic begin. :woohoo:

Thanks! My TA told me he could only add 2 requests? So if I call can I have 3 added, or is that pretty much what he is doing when he adds my requests?

Request in priority order. What's most important to you? If away from construction, I'd list it first.

does anyone have any information about the lounge offerings on the club level I have been reading some really bad reviews and I am getting nervous for my upcoming October trip
TIA
Nicole

Thanks! My TA told me he could only add 2 requests? So if I call can I have 3 added, or is that pretty much what he is doing when he adds my requests?
Why not just give it a try? If you call, you can also verify that your requests are listed and then add some if possible. Good luck!

Nothing wrong with Samoa other than the pool construction on the East side of the longhouse. If this bothers you, request the West side of Samoa (facing the new Lava Pool).

I agree ;).

Glad you had a great stay! We love everything about the Poly, but I especially love being able to watch the fireworks from the pool.....it's just so magical :wizard:.

Can anyone point my in the direction of a link to order decorations/souvenirs/gifts for the room? TIA.

Like Cluelyss, I've also used Disney Floral & Gifts. They are a little pricey, but I was very happy with the merchandise, as well as the customer service I received when I called with questions and to place my order :).

My TA told me he could only add 2 requests? So if I call can I have 3 added, or is that pretty much what he is doing when he adds my requests?

Unless things have changed, you will not be able to call and add requests. Since you used a TA, the TA technically "owns" your reservation until you check in, so he is the only one that can call Disney with requests.

Only 10 days away from our first trip to the Poly! Let the Magic begin. :woohoo:

Have a great trip :yay:.

We just got home a couple of days ago from the Contemporary. This trip was supposed to be at Poly, but we were trying to avoid construction. CR was nice, but I can't wait to prepare for our trip to Poly. It won't be anytime soon since DD is starting college next year, and my finances will be tied up.

But, as I read this thread and learn all about Poly, I will see that glimmer of hope of our next vacation staying at Poly.

Until then...

I'm with mickeynut1- I'm pretty sure only your TA can change or add requests, unless you're staying CL and then IPO can help!

I'm with mickeynut1- I'm pretty sure only your TA can change or add requests, unless you're staying CL and then IPO can help!

Thanks both of you! Then I won't bother to call :) I was just worried that it wouldn't really let me change my online check in requests. It has Fiji grayed out. So I can select 2 new requests but can't uncheck the ones I had... Not sure what will really go through! Guess I can always ask to be switched (if available) at checkin!

We just got home a couple of days ago from the Contemporary. This trip was supposed to be at Poly, but we were trying to avoid construction. CR was nice, but I can't wait to prepare for our trip to Poly. It won't be anytime soon since DD is starting college next year, and my finances will be tied up.

But, as I read this thread and learn all about Poly, I will see that glimmer of hope of our next vacation staying at Poly.

Until then...

The Poly will be worth the wait :goodvibes.

Good point. Even when you use a TA, you can contact IPO yourself :).

Guess I can always ask to be switched (if available) at checkin!

Definitely ask to be switched if you are assigned a longhouse you don't care for. It's not guaranteed they will be able to make the change, but they are usually very accommodating and will try their best to give you a location you are happy with ;).

Hi,

A LOT of questions!
1. Are they updating guests at check-in on the monorail hours? I don't want to waste time walking to the monorail only to realize I have to take a boat or a bus.
2. This is our first time flying (we usually drive the 6.75 - 7 hours). Our flight is at 7:30 pm. If we go to DHS, will Poly hold our checked bags *AND* carry-ons? If we decide to go for a swim after DHS, is there somewhere to change?
3. Do I need an ADR to have breakfast at Kona, or can I just walk up? (we are staying late every night and unsure if we will really make it to an 8 am ADR).
4. For those of you that recently made FP+ - did you stay up until midnight? I have to get up at 5 am on my FP+ day and would prefer to go to sleep at a reasonable time and do my FP+ when I get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter