Disney's new website mixing up resorts

Belle83

DIS Veteran
I know they are probably still working out the kinks, but *really*? Anyone else notice what's wrong with this? (sorry it's so big)

ScreenShot2012-12-26at114303PM_zps661a6080-1.jpg

I know they are probably still working out the kinks, but *really*? Anyone else notice what's wrong with this? (sorry it's so big)

ScreenShot2012-12-26at114303PM_zps661a6080-1.jpg

Kinks??? You are being way to kind. :rotfl:

It is absolutely pathetic with all the problems the new website is experiencing. Down time for issues, running too slow, incorrect photo's (CSR room pics as an example are incorrect), not recognizing my already booked and confirmed trip, not allowing ADR's online to be made (complaint from many), and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. There is no reason why WDW did not have this thing running on all cylinders when it came out of the gate. Because of this pathetic website I have had to make calls to WDW, wait for someone to be available, pay the long distance charges, and then half the time the person on the other end has no clue and puts me on hold to look it up as though they are some kind of tech support for Dell in India. Sorry to vent, but come on WDW!!! :furious:

KINKS? I'll tell you about kinks.. no wait, there isn't enough time.

I'll tell you about one. Today my homepage at Disney tells me my Disney vacation starts in 15 days.

Except that it's in 8 days. Lord.

A company with their money, resources, know-how etc.. shouldn't be putting out a buggy, messed up, piece of crud like they have currently. They oughta be firing some folks who put that live.

I can't make dining reservations, I can't even SEE the ones I have made... its ugly.

CanadianGuy said:
KINKS? I'll tell you about kinks.. no wait, there isn't enough time.

I'll tell you about one. Today my homepage at Disney tells me my Disney vacation starts in 15 days.

Except that it's in 8 days. Lord.

A company with their money, resources, know-how etc.. shouldn't be putting out a buggy, messed up, piece of crud like they have currently. They oughta be firing some folks who put that live.

I can't make dining reservations, I can't even SEE the ones I have made... its ugly.

The old website did the same thing to me. Drove me crazy!

To add insult to injury the Disney website shows a number to call if you have a problem... Well that is all hunky dorrey, but for the last two hours all I get is a message saying, "please try your call later, all circuits are busy.":furious:

I signed up at the new website this morning and had to add all my reservations. It wouldn't show all the dining reservations no matter how many times I tried to add them. So I gave up. When I got to work I clicked on the link for the website and it took me back to the old website. All my reservations were there in the old website.

It is inconceivable that a company as large as WDW can't set up a website which will transfer your reservations from the old one to the new one. I think they are making the mistake of trying to do this at their busiest time of the year. Hopefully it should all be cleared up before our trip in February.

I keep finding that the average cost of a room per night for the mods keeps fluctuating. One time it's $183/night then the next time I check it's $204/night for the exact same dates. *sigh* Maybe I'll go price the cost of Bonnet Creek...:rotfl:

It keeps bouncing back and forth between the new website and the old one for me. I sign in on the old one, it goes to the new one and I'm not signed in anymore. :confused3

Anyone else get the pop-up surveys while on the new site?

Anyone else get the pop-up surveys while on the new site?

No. And the IT guys at Disney should be very thankful that I didn't get those surveys.

I know just enough about that stuff to make a compelling argument as to why all the currently employed folks in that group should be fired without severance... ;)

Where do you make on-line payments? Thanks

Seriously -- not joking here - I'd call in with payments and get a confirmation verbally on the phone.

This 'new website' they have published isn't working worth crud, so I would STRONGLY advocate calling to make a payment.

No. And the IT guys at Disney should be very thankful that I didn't get those surveys.

I know just enough about that stuff to make a compelling argument as to why all the currently employed folks in that group should be fired without severance... ;)

I got one not once, not twice, but THREE times. Believe you me, I gave them a piece of my mind, your mind, and everyone else's mind. ::yes::

...and then half the time the person on the other end has no clue and puts me on hold to look it up as though they are some kind of tech support for Dell in India.

There seems to be some theory of customer service that says that customers don't want to hear the silence, or typing, of the CS rep, so they mute the call. It's very odd. I don't understand it. I found that most customers wanted little updates, especially if the system is slow, and not updates that start with "thank you for patiently holding, ma'am". When I did CS I found that a little chat while my fingers were typing along was helpful for the phone call. I don't understand the put-you-on-hold-or-mute philosophy.

I think they are making the mistake of trying to do this at their busiest time of the year. Hopefully it should all be cleared up before our trip in February.

And it's every Disney website. I logged into Disney Movie Club yesterday, and it's all new and different with the big bubbly boxes like the new WDW site (that I haven't seen in over a week it seems) had. Now, DMC's site worked, LOL, so maybe there's hope for humanity.

Now, I am not stressy about the site; I know the reservations are there, I have my emails and confirmations numbers and all that. But some of the features of the new site looked COOL and I want to use them! Like I had just found the sort of calendar-ish pages, where you could enter in your plans for that day? How cool is it that someone out there finally saw that many of us are doing that anyway. So yeah, why wouldn't they have such a thing for us? I want to play with that! :)

Here is another one - on the Crystal Palace page there is a character section saying the meals are starring Pooh and Friends with a picture of Cinderella visiting people at their tables......?
Yup.

I really dislike how when you are trying to price a vacation it won't tell you if a resort is available until you specifically click through every resort - I wish it would just list the ones available! I had to click through about 12 resorts before one was even an option!

The site is beautiful and it will eventually be fixed but I do think it seems that they rushed it out there and it would have been better if they would have waited until it was finished. That being said i see our ADRs listed but it won't take our resort confirmation number. Maybe because it is a AAA confirmation number???

It's horrendous.

Who was the joker who said, "I don't care if it's finished, we're rolling it out"?

I have also been tossed back and forth between the old site and the new. The old site at least gives me details about my reservations like what kind of dining plan I have. The new site just gives the name of the resort where we are staying, the confirmation, dates and who is in the room. No mention that we are on a dining plan... Why would the NEW site give LESS information. That's disappointing. It leaves the customer wondering if their meal plan has been dropped...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!