Disney's Hollywood Studios new name

I think it will be Hollywood Adventure. I still hear people refer to it as MGM.

I'm 1 of those people. I've been down to WDW 3x in the last 6yrs, and 4x in the last 15, and I have referred to it as Hollywood Studios, MAYBE 10x. It has been, and always will be MGM to me.

Also, I still refer to the other park as EPCOT, not Epcot. Just a little hang up I have.

It's always MGM to me too although I've been to it more times with the Hollywood Studios name.

I predict the new name will be...........Disney's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Extravaganza :-)

Last edited:
I think the behind the scenes, how it's done is done and gone. The idea of being IN the movies, I think at least in some fashion will continue.

I called it studios when it was Disney-MGM Studios and after it became Disney's Hollywood Studios. When I was assigned to drive there, even Disney called it Studios. To me, it will always be called Studios.

Just like DS will always be DTD.

You are so right, Robo. Those were before my time (well, maybe not before but I only went once when I was a kid and that was in 1972)

It's amazing talking to your "non" Disney friends and how easily they'll confuse Hollywood Studios with Universal.

It's amazing talking to your "non" Disney friends and how easily they'll confuse Hollywood Studios with Universal.
Even my parents get them confused sometimes and they've gone to both before

Indeed, we've all heard "rumors" that a new name will accompany the park, but nothing official has been announced, and anything is only extreme speculation.

It's not a rumor. A new name IS coming. Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, said so himself at a public board meeting last year (in response to a kid's question at the Q&A portion of the meeting). They said they weren't yet ready to announce the name yet.

I would be okay with keeping Hollywood in the name, but it hasn't been a Studio in a long time.

It's not a rumor. A new name IS coming. Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, said so himself at a public board meeting last year (in response to a kid's question at the Q&A portion of the meeting). They said they weren't yet ready to announce the name yet.
However with that said things do change. They could've very well nixed the whole new name thing.

Oh, Robo, did you bring back the memories! I remember the great jazz club. Yeah, I know, I'm 150!

I think it will be Hollywood Adventure. I still hear people refer to it as MGM.

Guilty! I catch myself calling it MGM quite frequently.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the name. I can picture them getting rid of Studios completely seeing as there will really be nothing "studio" like about it anymore. I think even Hollywood should go. I wish I could think of a creative name, but I am drawing a blank. :)

I am not sure how I feel about the Hollywood Adventure idea - I don't think I am a big fan. Although, when I refer to the park by something other than MGM, it is just as "Hollywood" so at least I will still be right :)

"Hollywood Adventure" was rumored for a while, but it looks like that momentum is slowing. I do hope that, whatever the name is, "Hollywood" is included.

I hope they remove "Hollywood" from the park's name. It's in Orlando, not Hollywood. It hasn't been a studio in so long, therefore "studio" shouldn't be in the title either.

I suggest Disney's Adventure Park as the park's new name.

Last edited:
I have no idea what they will rename it, but I'm hoping that either "Hollywood" or "Studios" stays as part of the name. Otherwise, they are clearly changing up the theme, I would think, and I just love the theme.

This park stopped being an animation studio, a film studio, a "behind the scenes of a movie studio" tour, and radio station location for how many years? The idea of this parking being a studio has been long gone. No need for it in the park's name. Disney is changing the theme. You are now "entering the movies".

I wish it had remained a "behind the scenes" park (with continued animation being developed), plus adding the new lands that they've announced.

The word "Hollywood" in an Orlando, FL park never made any sense. Naming the "Main St." Hollywood Blvd. is sufficient enough.

Correct. I expect them to announce the new park's name close to the time when Star Wars Land and/or Toy Story Land open(s).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter