• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Hollywood Studios new name

"Hollywood Adventure" was rumored for a while, but it looks like that momentum is slowing. I do hope that, whatever the name is, "Hollywood" is included.

Nothing has been announced in regards to a new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Indeed, we've all heard "rumors" that a new name will accompany the park, but nothing official has been announced, and anything is only extreme speculation.

Unless there's a name out there that's really good that I haven't heard yet the only one of the rumored names that I sorta like is Hollywoodland,it's even thrown out there in the Frozen sing along show,maybe a hint???

I have no idea what they will rename it, but I'm hoping that either "Hollywood" or "Studios" stays as part of the name. Otherwise, they are clearly changing up the theme, I would think, and I just love the theme.

I think it has to have "Hollywood" in the name somewhere - The main street area doesn't make sense otherwise.

I have no idea what they will rename it, but I'm hoping that either "Hollywood" or "Studios" stays as part of the name. Otherwise, they are clearly changing up the theme, I would think, and I just love the theme.

It seems pretty clear at this point that they ARE changing the theme. In many ways, they already HAVE changed the theme. The origins of this part was a view of what happened behind the scenes at the movies. Much of that is gone, backstage tour, sounds dangerous, lights motors action, the working studios, streets of America, the residential area of the backlot tour.. They have been moving away from that behind the scenes movie studio theme for quite a while. The whole point of the new name is to coincide with the new theme of the park.

The backlot theme is cool, and has been for years, but it's become rather dated. It may be sad to see the name change, but like everything, times change.

Studios will be out of the name. Besides some of the old buildings (a lot of which will be torn down) looking like movie studio buildings, the "Making of Movies" theme is pretty much all gone except the Indiana Jones show.

The park is just a "theme" park now with at least three "themed" lands:
Hollywoodland
Toy Story Land
Star Wars Land

It's basically like Islands of Adventure ... without the water.

It seems pretty clear at this point that they ARE changing the theme. In many ways, they already HAVE changed the theme. The origins of this part was a view of what happened behind the scenes at the movies. Much of that is gone, backstage tour, sounds dangerous, lights motors action, the working studios, streets of America, the residential area of the backlot tour.. They have been moving away from that behind the scenes movie studio theme for quite a while. The whole point of the new name is to coincide with the new theme of the park.
I somewhat agree, but I think that there is more to the theme. I think the idea behind the park was to make you feel like you were part of the show. On Superstar Television, for example, they did tell you how behind the scenes stuff was done, but then they put you into the movies. Same with Backlot Tour. On Great Movie Ride they give you behind the scenes info about the movies (Gene Kelly directing Singin' in the Rain, working title for Public Enemy being Beer and Blood, Clark Gable being considered for the part of Tarzan) but then the movies come to life and you are in the western or gangster film. On Tower of Terror, you are the star of The Twilight Zone episode. On Star Tours you are in the movie as part of the rebel alliance. I want them to keep with the feel of old Hollywood as well as putting you in the action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter