Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

I am getting ready to place my order with Garden Grocer, but wanted to make sure that grocery delivery works the same at the cabins as it does at the other resorts. Is there a place where refrigerated and frozen items can be stored. When we check in, will someone deliver them to our cabin??

I am getting ready to place my order with Garden Grocer, but wanted to make sure that grocery delivery works the same at the cabins as it does at the other resorts. Is there a place where refrigerated and frozen items can be stored. When we check in, will someone deliver them to our cabin??
That's how it worked for us in November. Planning to use again this November.

SO and I are thinking of our 1st trip together to DW after a very fun trip to DLR. I know the cabins might seem like an odd choice for a couple but he often likes to watch TV after I go to sleep so the LR would come in handy. I'm just wondering if since we won't need the bunk beds if we could push the queen bed out from the wall a bit to make it easier to get in and out?

We're also looking at other moderates but I'm trying to weigh all the options, and I've stayed at the cabins before and really liked them and I think he would appreciate the peace and quiet.

I have a question about Magical Express with the cabins. Our flight leaves very early on check out day, I'm guessing we will need to be at the Magical Express stop around 5 or 5:30 am. Do they help get you and your luggage to the stop at all like how at check in they give you a ride to your cabin? I don't even think the internal busses will be running at this time but i'm not sure.

Can someone please explain in detail the differences between the camp site options?

Mike,

In order of the least expensive to the most expensive:

Tent Sites are partial hook sites (as in power, water, cable tv but no sewer). They are for tents and popups. They have a bigger tent/ground pad and a shorter driveway which is 12' wide. The only Tent loops are 1500 and 2000.

Full sites have all hook ups (power, water, cable tv, sewer). Any rig can go there. They generally have a smaller tent/ground pad and the same 12' wide driveway - the biggest rigs may have trouble here. These are a little more removed and thus quieter. They are loops 1600, 1700, 1800, and 1900.

Preferred sites are equipped the same as Full sites but are in a more prominent location up near Bay Lake, Trails End, and the boat docks. These are loops 100, 200, 300.

Premium sites are the most expensive and have all hook ups. They have no tent/ground pad and are 18' wide and at least 55' long. They are designed to handle the biggest rigs or trailers with slides, canopies, etc. These are loops 400-1400. Note due to the absence of the pad, these are not best for tents but people try to squeeze them off to the sides or self-standing on the concrete.

(there is a new loop coming on line being converted from a cabin loop-2100. no official designation but it might a Full).

Sites are for one trailer/rv or one trailer/rv plus a tent or two tents. Pet loops are 300-1000 and 1600-1900. All have a charcoal grill and a picnic table and WIFI. Oh and daily squirrel service. :squirrel:

We have an entire DIS Board for all things Fort Wilderness whether they be cabins or campsites. Come visit us over there and feel free to post. There are some good resources over there.

http://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Bama Ed

PS -
I booked the cabins for WDW Marathon Weekend 2017. Is the transportation decent enough to get to the race on time?
The cabins are a popular choice for runners at Disney races. Request a cabin near the entrance to loop 2800 (the closest cabin loop to where the busses leave the Fort) for the shortest pre-race walk to transportation. I will be there also camping and running the Full Marathon. Did the Half again in 2015 from the Fort.

Last edited:
Hello All! I have been searching the Internet for the answers to my transportation within FW questions but I am not sure I have the right answers.

For our non-park day this September, DH and I are planning to eat breakfast at Trail's End (we are staying at YC and plan to leave 1.5 hours before our ADR time, take a bus to MK and then a boat to FW).

After breakfast at Trails End, we then are going to go on the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure and then do the Archery Experience both of which have check-in at the Bike Barn.

First, can you walk from Trails End (Settlement) to the Bike Barn or do you have to take the bus? Which is the correct bus to take - Orange? How much time should I allow to take the bus? If you can walk, how long do you estimate the walk is?

We will have a short break between the Back Trail Adventure and the Archery Experience - is there a place nearby to get a drink and snack by the Bike Barn or will we need to go back to the Settlement for that?

Would there be any value do you think in renting a golf cart for the day to go back and forth?

Thanks - any help is greatly appreciated!

First, can you walk from Trails End (Settlement) to the Bike Barn or do you have to take the bus? Which is the correct bus to take - Orange? How much time should I allow to take the bus? If you can walk, how long do you estimate the walk is?

We will have a short break between the Back Trail Adventure and the Archery Experience - is there a place nearby to get a drink and snack by the Bike Barn or will we need to go back to the Settlement for that?

Would there be any value do you think in renting a golf cart for the day to go back and forth?

Thanks - any help is greatly appreciated!

You can walk from TE to the Bike Barn, it is about 1/2 mile maybe. If you take a bus, you can take either the Orange or Yellow, just ask the bus driver where you should get off.

The pool snack bar and Medows Trading Post are both near the Bike Barn.
Map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

I would not rent a golf just for getting to these places.

Are they putting in something new?

@1234lucky, no reason was given for the closure and no mention of what will become of that area. (I don't think they can fit a new DVC in there:laughing:.) The nearby themed splash area will remain open though, only the small kiddie pool is closed.

@preemiemama just reported on the BWI/BWV thread:

Just a heads-up if anyone is here now. We are on DME and there is an accident between Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. Traffic is backed up and busses are caught in it. Might be a wait for a MK bus.

You can walk from TE to the Bike Barn, it is about 1/2 mile maybe. If you take a bus, you can take either the Orange or Yellow, just ask the bus driver where you should get off.

The pool snack bar and Medows Trading Post are both near the Bike Barn.
Map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

I would not rent a golf just for getting to these places.

Thanks for the information - that was really helpful! I think we will plan to walk based on your info!

Just stayed at the Cabins this past weekend. Haven't been there in a while since the prices went up so much on them. But I got some 360° pictures I thought I'd share.

Living Room:
https://theta360.com/s/fwwkYnK70TRiGkGPqENmrqqKe

Bedroom:
https://theta360.com/s/jofA7PuWv1pxNFFqjcNncHRdg

Outside Day:
https://theta360.com/s/nGV45yT02xSD1TnQ6gF4ZNqUq

Outside Night:
https://theta360.com/s/q610WUgSg2eJdZvmRJCBw0n32

They are 360° view pictures, just click on the links and you can move the camera angle around and zoom in/out.

If this is answered already, I apologize, but 77 pages is a lot. :)

Does the boat service from Fort Wilderness to the Magic Kingdom run early enough for the 4 of us in my party (One on an ECV) to be there for rope drop? Was looking forward to getting to the parks someway other than the bus. :)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Blessings,
Shawn

If this is answered already, I apologize, but 77 pages is a lot. :)

Does the boat service from Fort Wilderness to the Magic Kingdom run early enough for the 4 of us in my party (One on an ECV) to be there for rope drop? Was looking forward to getting to the parks someway other than the bus. :)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Blessings,
Shawn

Nevermind, just found the post that said take the boat to the Contemporary (starting at 6:45) and walk to the Kingdom from there (10 minute leisurely walk). Sorry for the newbie question!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - when my dad took the boat from Ft. Wilderness to Magic Kingdom, he could roll right onto the larger boat with his ECV, but the smaller launch that goes from Ft. Wilderness to Contemporary requires a person to climb off the ECV and walk into the boat? That might be a consideration depending on how mobile the member of Shawn's party is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter