Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - when my dad took the boat from Ft. Wilderness to Magic Kingdom, he could roll right onto the larger boat with his ECV, but the smaller launch that goes from Ft. Wilderness to Contemporary requires a person to climb off the ECV and walk into the boat? That might be a consideration depending on how mobile the member of Shawn's party is.

That person is me, and I am mobile...I was in a car accident seven years ago that crushed my legs. I can WALK, just not long distances, so the ECV is there so I'm not miserable in the parks. But if they can get the ECV onto the boat WITH me but separately, I'm fine getting off of the ECV to get onto the boat. Does that help?

I think so - when we took the boat from FW to Contemporary for an early morning ADR, my dad wasn't with us, so I'm not sure, but I think your party can carry the ECV onto the launch and you walk on and sit down in a seat. Maybe a FW expert can confirm that?

And when you get to the Contemporary, definitely walk (or ride your ECV) to the Magic Kingdom. We got there, went up to whatever floor the monorail is on, found out it wasn't running, back down to the bus stop, one MK bus passed us right by, caught the next one, and drove for literally two minutes until we got to the park. We thought, "Is that how close it is? Why didn't we just walk in the first place?" :-)

Have a great time at the park!

I'm trying to read through all the posts to find answers to my questions but I thought it would be easier to just ask. This will be the first time we'll be staying in a cabin and I'll be going to the grocery store before we get there. Do I need to buy dish/dishwasher soap? Also, can someone tell me what kind of coffee filters I need (round or cone type)? Any other info you can offer will be much appreciated.

I'm trying to read through all the posts to find answers to my questions but I thought it would be easier to just ask. This will be the first time we'll be staying in a cabin and I'll be going to the grocery store before we get there. Do I need to buy dish/dishwasher soap? Also, can someone tell me what kind of coffee filters I need (round or cone type)? Any other info you can offer will be much appreciated.
They provide dish soap for the sink and dishwasher. Our housekeeper even loaded dishes left in the sink into the dishwasher and started it running.

Not sure about the coffee, don't drink it.

Nevermind, just found the post that said take the boat to the Contemporary (starting at 6:45) and walk to the Kingdom from there (10 minute leisurely walk). Sorry for the newbie question!

I thought the boat directly to the MK should be running by then also. Is it not??

Nevermind, just found the post that said take the boat to the Contemporary (starting at 6:45) and walk to the Kingdom from there (10 minute leisurely walk). Sorry for the newbie question!

The small boat to CR generally cannot take ECV or WC unless you fold and step into boat. You need green ferry to MK.

You need the round filters, they do give you coffee and coffeemate :rolleyes2 About enough for 4 cups a day. We always buy cream/milk. We don't drink much coffee so the small coffee pods are enough. It is a 12 cup coffee pot.

I have questions for all. What is the best loop to request at check in? I do have a pet, so I need to request a pet loop. I chose 900 loop from the map. This is my first time camping at Ft. Wilderness and must admit that I am bit anxious about our drive pulling a travel trailer. It will be our longest journey yet for my family (from NC).

I also have a hound dog who is quiet for the most part; however, she barks if any other dogs bark. Should I invest in one of those devices that aids in stopping dogs from barking? I read we could be asked to board our dog it she makes noise. Just wondering how often that happens.

I have questions for all. What is the best loop to request at check in? I do have a pet, so I need to request a pet loop. I chose 900 loop from the map. This is my first time camping at Ft. Wilderness and must admit that I am bit anxious about our drive pulling a travel trailer. It will be our longest journey yet for my family (from NC).

I also have a hound dog who is quiet for the most part; however, she barks if any other dogs bark. Should I invest in one of those devices that aids in stopping dogs from barking? I read we could be asked to board our dog it she makes noise. Just wondering how often that happens.

Tpartcart, you will need to choose a pet loop, which at times, seems almost any loop. If your travel trailer is not extremely long, you may like loops 100-300, which are pet friendly loops. You may wish to call, inform them you need a pet friendly loop. Be sure to include any slides you may have. 100-300 is closest to the boat dock, which you may like. Our fifth wheel does not fit in there. The best suggestion for you is to jump over to the "Camping at Disney World" which will provide you with, and answers almost any questions. Have a great time. We LOVE Fort Wilderness. Our favorite loop is 1100, bigger more spacious sites, but further away from action. Have a great trip, and ask lots of questions on the camping forum. You will learn lots.

Tpartcart, you will need to choose a pet loop, which at times, seems almost any loop. If your travel trailer is not extremely long, you may like loops 100-300, which are pet friendly loops. You may wish to call, inform them you need a pet friendly loop. Be sure to include any slides you may have. 100-300 is closest to the boat dock, which you may like. Our fifth wheel does not fit in there. The best suggestion for you is to jump over to the "Camping at Disney World" which will provide you with, and answers almost any questions. Have a great time. We LOVE Fort Wilderness. Our favorite loop is 1100, bigger more spacious sites, but further away from action. Have a great trip, and ask lots of questions on the camping forum. You will learn lots.

Barb,

the poster tpartcart did post this same question on the Camping Forum a couple days ago in the my thread about making the green DISBoard camper sign. Obviously that was the wrong place to ask the question (off topic) and it was suggested they start a new thread with this question or they could bump one of the many similar threads on the Camping Forum about this topic. Instead they came over here. :confused3 And there is currently a "favorite loop" thread (similar to their question) that somebody different started on Saturday which would be a good place to hop in and buzz that question.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/curious-whats-your-favorite-loop.3529263/

900 is a nice loop. Close to the Meadow Trading Post and the pool.

Bama Ed

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are we able to drive a golf cart from our cabin to the marina and park it there for the day while we are at MK? We are debating between FW and AoA and want the most convenient of the two options, since we will have a tired 2 and 4 year old at the end of the day. If we are able to cut out a long walk back to our room/cabin or an internal bus ride, all the better!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are we able to drive a golf cart from our cabin to the marina and park it there for the day while we are at MK? We are debating between FW and AoA and want the most convenient of the two options, since we will have a tired 2 and 4 year old at the end of the day. If we are able to cut out a long walk back to our room/cabin or an internal bus ride, all the better!
Yes! There is cart parking a short walk from the boat dock and also at the bus stop at the front of the campground. I debated the cost of the cart but after a late night, it's so nice and convenient to hop on your own cart and ride back to the cabin.

Yes! There is cart parking a short walk from the boat dock and also at the bus stop at the front of the campground. I debated the cost of the cart but after a late night, it's so nice and convenient to hop on your own cart and ride back to the cabin.

Wonderful! That definitely makes our decision much easier:) Thanks for the reply!

They provide dish soap for the sink and dishwasher. Our housekeeper even loaded dishes left in the sink into the dishwasher and started it running.

Not sure about the coffee, don't drink it.
Thank you. I can cross soap off my list!

You need the round filters, they do give you coffee and coffeemate :rolleyes2 About enough for 4 cups a day. We always buy cream/milk. We don't drink much coffee so the small coffee pods are enough. It is a 12 cup coffee pot.
Thank you!!! So the pods fit into the 12 cup coffee pot? I'm the only one who drinks it so this will be plenty. Your response is helpful and much appreciated!

One other question. Where does one go to get a tonic (I'm from Boston!!!!) or coffee in a refillable mug? Fort Wilderness is new to us and we are very excited to stay there....we usually stay at the lodge and everything is right there so I'm just trying to get an idea of things. I also read there are no towels at the pool?

Thank you!!! So the pods fit into the 12 cup coffee pot? I'm the only one who drinks it so this will be plenty. Your response is helpful and much appreciated!

One other question. Where does one go to get a tonic (I'm from Boston!!!!) or coffee in a refillable mug? Fort Wilderness is new to us and we are very excited to stay there....we usually stay at the lodge and everything is right there so I'm just trying to get an idea of things. I also read there are no towels at the pool?
No towels at the pool but our cabin had a lot of extra towels under the sink in the bathroom so you could take some of those over. The cabins have daily housekeeping so you can get new towels if you need them.
Mug refill stations are at the meadow pool snack bar and inside the building where you find trails end and the take out counter. This is at the settlement area of the campground near the marina.
It's not the most convenient resort to use the mugs at. We used ours when we went to the pool. We took ours with us also when we resort hopped to refill at the other resorts' QS.

No towels at the pool but our cabin had a lot of extra towels under the sink in the bathroom so you could take some of those over. The cabins have daily housekeeping so you can get new towels if you need them.
Mug refill stations are at the meadow pool snack bar and inside the building where you find trails end and the take out counter. This is at the settlement area of the campground near the marina.
It's not the most convenient resort to use the mugs at. We used ours when we went to the pool. We took ours with us also when we resort hopped to refill at the other resorts' QS.

Thank you -- I am so glad I asked. I didn't know there was a snack bar at the pool where we could get a quick service meal. A lunch by the pool is now on the agenda!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter