Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had pink, purple, red and blue. I can't recall seeing yellow in at least the past 5 years. They all have a white handle now so it's just the lid that is different

So without regard to the construction going on, what is everyone's favorite section to stay in? Cabana's Casita's or Rancharo's and why?

My favorite is the Ranchos. I think it has the best, most exotic, theming for us. We take our car every trip, so the remote location is ok for us.

This is great info...thank you! We will be staying at CSR for the first time in mid-September. I'm planning on requesting a room in the Casitas area...I think. I'm just a little concerned of the construction going on and if it will hinder our experience. We don't get to go very often and so I want to make sure each of our trips is the very best possible. :) Part of me keeps thinking...switch to POR, but we've stayed there before and wanted to try something new.

I had the same issue with our account. I couldn't make fastpasses for everyone because of the ghost ID's in our account, it kept telling me there was nothing associated with that ticket or whatever. I called and they fixed it in 5 min and all was well.
We had it fixed at Guest Services at the resort, yet twice, we still had problems at the park, and that caused us delays at RD during what turned out to be a super busy week, unfortunately.

This is great info...thank you! We will be staying at CSR for the first time in mid-September. I'm planning on requesting a room in the Casitas area...I think. I'm just a little concerned of the construction going on and if it will hinder our experience. We don't get to go very often and so I want to make sure each of our trips is the very best possible. :) Part of me keeps thinking...switch to POR, but we've stayed there before and wanted to try something new.
I think you will still enjoy CSR. Casitas is nice. We like Ranchos, too.

Well, we WERE booked at CSR. My kiddos have always wanted to stay in the pirate rooms at CBR, but we never could justify the cost. But, since they've offered the gift card to CBR guests, we decided to move over there for our trip. :sad: I'm sad I won't be at my favorite resort, but my babies will be excited. I'll definitely be making a trip over to CSR to eat at Pepper Market, though! :teeth:

Wait - what gift card!?

Would anyone happen to know the status on the rehab at CSR. We're going in a month and always enjoy staying in Cabanas. Have a two rooms with water view. Any update would be greatly appreciated. Deb

Would anyone happen to know the status on the rehab at CSR. We're going in a month and always enjoy staying in Cabanas. Have a two rooms with water view. Any update would be greatly appreciated. Deb

They are doing a Ranchos building and then the predicted schedule is Cabanas are next, possible beginning of April. I don't know why Ranchos aren't expected to be completed first but that is what I read on a site that tracks the resort. In a month I would say it's possible they are working in Cabanas but maybe no rooms are complete yet, heard it takes about 20 days to do a room.

Ranchos 7A is finishing up and Cabanas 8A is supposed to start next week. (7B was supposed to be next, but I think they moved to Cabanas to keep the work in one section).

If you are going next month, you can still get Cabanas 8B or 9A but you'll be sandwiched in between the rehab and construction. If you are at the parks most of the day, it may not bother you. If you are going to have a lot of resort time, you might want to ask for Casitas 4 or 5.

Hi all - I'll be staying at CSR for the first time on our upcoming trip, from 4/22 - 4/25. I'm not familiar with the resort, but have been doing some research. In terms of requesting a specific area, any recommendations? I've heard great things about Cabanas area, but sounds like that may be under construction during our stay. Any other info you can share with a CSR first timer would be appreciated!

Ranchos 7A is finishing up and Cabanas 8A is supposed to start next week. (7B was supposed to be next, but I think they moved to Cabanas to keep the work in one section).

If you are going next month, you can still get Cabanas 8B or 9A but you'll be sandwiched in between the rehab and construction. If you are at the parks most of the day, it may not bother you. If you are going to have a lot of resort time, you might want to ask for Casitas 4 or 5.

Ranchos 7A - is that the one closest to Cabanas? Does it have a water view - as we have water view rooms. I know the Ranchos close to Cabanas is a good area.

@dtf - no, Ranchos 7A is at the very back of the resort and does NOT have any water view room.

Ranchos 7B (not yet refurbished) is next to Cabanas 8A, and does have water views of the Ranchos quiet pool.

I started a thread asking about if CBR construction was going to effect the pool/pool bar area & some posters thought it would.
We would be a first time CSR stayers & are looking for a nice pool to relax by after a 13 hour drive to Disney, before transferring to our condo the next day. Is CSR a good option for us with construction in mind?

I started a thread asking about if CBR construction was going to effect the pool/pool bar area & some posters thought it would.
We would be a first time CSR stayers & are looking for a nice pool to relax by after a 13 hour drive to Disney, before transferring to our condo the next day. Is CSR a good option for us with construction in mind?

CBR would probably be pretty awful, since the construction is so close by. CSR may have some construction noise, but not as bad as CBR, I wouldn't think. The main construction at CSR will be happening across Lago Dorado.

So with the construction going on at CSR, there is still a walk way open to the main area from the 7 and 8 buildings by the 9B building? Looks like there is a bridge that goes across by 9B, and was hoping it was still open. I know that 9B is where they ripped down the building to build the el jumbo hotel, but have not seen if the walk way is open. I am guessing it is. But we stay there in June, and I was just wondering what the situation will be. We actually don't mind walking, and honestly once we check in we go back to the main buildings very rarely, but I like to have options. :)

Just changed to a preferred room for June 9-12. Please convince me that I did the right thing (it's almost $50 more per night than standard). Not concerned about being close to lobby, but do want to be able to get a seat on a park bus as I have back issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter